USS liberty

USS LIBERTY

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is interesting that none of these fake inquiries had the testimonies of those who were actually there.

It was a whitewash just like the 911 whitewash commission report.

Wrong. The US naval court of inquiry has their sworn testimony.

Anyone can read it.

let me guess, you think the Jews did it

We could find out if we looked at all those put options that happened the weeks before 911.

Oh, that's right, the 911 whitewash commission never looked at that.

I guess "follow the money" is no longer a legitimate investigative technique.

let me guess, you think the jews did it

we could find out if we looked at all those put options that happened the weeks before 911.

thanks for proving you are a fucking delusional asshole

so who funded those 9/11 attacks according to the 9/11 commission dive ?

we could find out if we looked at all those put options that happened the weeks before 911.

thanks for proving you are a fucking delusional asshole

so who funded those 9/11 attacks according to the 9/11 commission dive ?
like i fucking care
i know it wasnt the JOOOOOOS

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_d-AIseBPI]YouTube - The 9/11 Commission Report One Year Later - Part 1/25[/ame]

Somewhere between oops and someone fucked up.

But what does it matter, really? Mistakes happen and otherwise friendly nations sometimes kill each other's citizens by mistake.

IMO, repeatedly talking about it and blaming the Israelis is nothing but propaganda.
What gives you the idea it was a mistake?

And who else is to blame for it but the Israelis who did it?

If it 'wasn't a mistake' what reason would they have to attack the nation that pretty much makes sure they exist
Most likely because Liberty was a communications surveillance vessel whose intercepts flatly contradicted Israel's claim, made at the war's beginning on 5 June, that Egypt had attacked Israel, and that Israel's massive air assault on three Arab nations was in retaliation. In fact, Israel began the war by a devastating, Pearl-Harbor style surprise attack that caught the Arabs in bed and destroyed their entire air forces. Moishe Dyan didn't want this information revealed. He intended to sink the Liberty and blame it on the Egyptians, but he failed after a sustained two hour attack in which he killed 34 American sailors and wounded 170 more.

Israel was also preparing to attack Syria to seize its strategic Golan Heights. Washington warned Israel not to invade Syria, which had remained inactive while Israel fought Egypt. James Bamford, in his excellent investigation of this incident, Body of Secrets, (available from Amazon) says Israel's offensive against Syria was abruptly postponed when 'Liberty' appeared off Sinai, then launched once it was knocked out of action. Israel's claim that Syria had attacked first could have been disproved by 'Liberty.' (That according to statement by Lt. James Ennes, who was on the Liberty and tells the whole story in his book, Assault on The Liberty (also available from Amazon).

Most significant, 'Liberty's' intercepts would have shown that Israel seized upon sharply rising Arab-Israeli tensions in May-June 1967 to launch a long-planned war to invade and annex the West Bank, Jerusalem, Golan and Sinai.

You should understand that there never has been a formal investigation of this act of war on the U.S. by a supposed ally. That should tell you something.

[...]

The Israelis, on the other hand, unless you can prove they purposely targeted the American ship, were guilty of a friendly fire incident.
The only way to prove it would be a thorough formal investigation. And while there have been two informal hearings, neither of which called essential witnesses, there never has been a formal investigation of Israel's attack on the USS Liberty. In fact not one tenth of the effort made to prove that Monica Lewinsky blew Bill Clinton was expended to find out why Israelis attacked our ship and murdered our sailors.

Do you think that's cause for suspicion of a high-level cover-up?

Man your dense! Have you ever looked at things on the ground from a plane! Things that look very different close are not easily distinguishable up close! I love how you ASSume that the Israeli pilots are clearly aware of how these 2 ships look like. I mean you ASSume that they have seen both ships before and know the difference. You ASSume that these were very experience pilots in telling the difference between ships they might have never seen or had experience with. You know when you ASSume too much, you take on the first 3 letter of the word!

Funny how you so easily discount clearly no true motive or benefit whatsoever, and put extensive stock in two ships that look different close up

the pilots admitted they recognized the ships and requested to call off the attack

First, that is bullshit!

[...]
It's not bullshit. The story was covered by Ha'aretz, which, as you know, is an Israeli newspaper. Here's the link:

www.haaretz.com/.../israeli-communications-said-to-prove-iaf-knew-liberty-was-u-s-ship-1.230486 -

What douche bags.

1) At least five US government agencies investigated it and concluded it was an accident.
There never has been a formal investigation of Israel's attack on the USS Liberty. There have been several informal hearings none of which included testimony from essential witnesses.

This is the conclusion of the US Naval Court Of Inquiry into it. It's the transcript.

FINDINGS OF FACT

1. Available evidence combines to indicate the attack on
LIBERTY on 8 June was in fact a case of mistaken
identity.
Note that nowhere in this transcript of the most shameful cover-up in American military history is contained the testimony of the actual survivors of the attack, all of whom insist that the attack was deliberate. Those who might be swayed by this official-looking document need only read Lt. James Ennes' book, Assault on Liberty, to understand that you're being lied to by cowardly, self-serving government officials and Naval officers. The only real investigation of this incident was informal and was conducted by a former intelligence officer, James Bamford, and he presents the facts about this coverup quite clearly in his book, Body of Secrets.

Lt. Ennes was there. He was wounded and nearly killed by IDF personnel on torpedo boats who came so close to the ship that Ennes could read see the insignia on their sleeves, but who claimed they couldn't see an 8' x 5' American flag flying on the ship.

+1.

Funny how all these people in these conspiracy theories are anonymous :eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Once again, I posted the declassified transcript of the Israeli pilots, as obtained from a US spy plane.

That is solid proof that it was an accident.
Here's a name you might remember:

Dean Rusk, U.S. Secretary of State at the time of the incident, wrote:

"I was never satisfied with the Israeli explanation. Their sustained attack to disable and sink Liberty precluded an assault by accident or some trigger-happy local commander.

"Through diplomatic channels we refused to accept their explanations. I didn't believe them then, and I don't believe them to this day. The attack was outrageous."

It doesn't matter if he was satifised with it. That is his personal opinion.

The government agencies that concluded that it was an accident were:

The US Naval Court Of Inquiry.

The CIA

The NSA

The Senate Intelligence Committee

The joint chief's report.

They ALL concluded it was an accident.
None of whom were there.

All who were there, the survivors, insist the attack was deliberate. Why would they engage in a conspiratorial lie?

Read the survivors' book. Then try to answer why it is that in spite of their demands to be heard their collective voice has been methodically ignored by the Navy and the U.S. Government. These are not crazy men or criminals. They are U.S. sailors who were attacked by a foreign military and are being ignored.

It is interesting that none of these fake inquiries had the testimonies of those who were actually there.

Right. And the coverup of the Waco massacre. But the public swallows it because it looks official. They just can't believe the government would lie like that.

Wrong. The US naval court of inquiry has their sworn testimony.

Anyone can read it.
Nonsense! Where is it?

The only place where you can read the survivors' testimony is in Lt. James Ennes' book, Assault on Liberty, and in part in James Bamford's book, Body of Secrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back