USS Liberty Survivor Edward Peck, Injured During the Israeli Flotilla Terrorism

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1VripIF_4w]YouTube - USS Liberty Survivor Edward Peck, Injured During the Israeli Flotilla Terrorism[/ame]

Just one correction here:

The YouTube video is mistitled; the distinguished Edward Peck is not himself the Liberty survivor.

Joseph Meadors is the Liberty survivor who was aboard the Gaza aid flotilla. He was the signalman aboard the U.S.S. Liberty in 1967 when it was attacked by Israel.

Just one correction here:

The YouTube video is mistitled; the distinguished Edward Peck is not himself the Liberty survivor.

Joseph Meadors is the Liberty survivor who was aboard the Gaza aid flotilla. He was the signalman aboard the U.S.S. Liberty in 1967 when it was attacked by Israel.

I noticed that too but I didn't change their title. Oops!

I will have to remember this the next time I decide to resist arrest, the cops were attacking, so I had the right to defend myself.

Wow that sucks for a USS Liberty survivor to once again get assaulted by Israel in the same waters...

I will have to remember this the next time I decide to resist arrest, the cops were attacking, so I had the right to defend myself.
Comparing an armed assault on an unarmed vessel in international waters to an arrest by internal police suggests a bias on your part. I'll bet you'll also insist that Israel's unprovoked attack on the Liberty, in which they killed 34 American sailors and wounded dozens more, was "accidental."

The image in your avatar tells the tale.

Comparing an armed assault on an unarmed vessel in international waters to an arrest by internal police suggests a bias on your part. I'll bet you'll also insist that Israel's unprovoked attack on the Liberty, in which they killed 34 American sailors and wounded dozens more, was "accidental."

:cuckoo: This is what Israel has to deal with idiot who the hell knows what is on those ships..

Israel: Ship Seized Carrying Sophisticated Weapons To Gaza Strip

r-ISRAEL-WEAPONS-SHIP-large570.jpg

JERUSALEM — Israel said Tuesday it seized a cargo ship loaded with weapons sent by Iran to Palestinian militants in Gaza, including sophisticated land-to-sea missiles that officials said could change the balance of power in the area.

The takeover in the Mediterranean Sea was the latest in a series of Israeli naval raids meant to counter the growing influence of Iran, which Israel accuses of supplying rockets and other arms to Israel's bitterest enemies.

The navy's deputy commander, Brig. Gen. Rani Ben-Yehudah, said investigators had found between two and four Chinese-made C-704 missiles, which land-based forces can use to attack ships.

Ben-Yehudah said Iran is known to possess these weapons, the shipment included instruction manuals in Farsi and there were other clues that "explicitly" showed Iranian involvement.

The military released a photo of a booklet with the words "technical missile identification document" written in Farsi on the cover. It identified the system as a C-704 "Nasr" missile, provided a serial number and date of issue in the Persian calendar.

Such weaponry could impede Israel's ability to enforce its naval blockade of Gaza, which it imposed after Hamas took power in 2007. The captured ship, the "Victoria," was being towed into Israel, and further details on its contents were expected to be released after it reached port late Tuesday.

Defense Minister Ehud Barak said the arms included "the beginnings of an advanced system" the Gaza militants currently do not possess and could affect Israel's ability to act along Gaza's coast.

"We will take out the gear and show it to the world, a world that is quick to blame Israel when it fights to protect its citizens. It is important that the world see what we are up against," said Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Israel has long contended that Iran and Syria provide arms and other support to Hamas militants in Gaza and Hezbollah guerrillas in Lebanon.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/15/israel-ship-seized-weapons-gaza-strip_n_836029.html

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQtzSAuV39I]YouTube - Iranian weapons for Palestinian Islamic terrorists seized by Israeli naval commandos(4 Nov 2009)[/ame]

Interesting, does the US have a new excuse for bombing Lybia?

tinmore/tinhorn daily 'anti-israel' (cough) spamming. Can't even get is anti-semites straight either. Does it matter?

Spotlight on Flotilla Spokesman Edward Peck

Edward Peck has emerged as a spokesman for the Gaza flotilla. Although he served in two U.S. administrations, Peck has become estranged from the U.S. government. As he put it, "I have a nice arrangement with my government. I don't speak to them. They don't listen to me."

During the Carter administration, Peck served as an ambassador to Iraq, and during the first President Bush's administration, he served as Deputy Director of the Cabinet Task Force on Counter-Terrorism. But since retiring from government service, Peck frequently attacks American Middle East policy, particularly the U.S. alliance with Israel.

Peck is a member of the Board of Directors of CNI (Council for the National Interest) a group founded by former State Department officials, many of whom were posted in Arab states. The organization has a strong pro-Saudi stance. Over the years, it has sponsored anti-Israel speakers and bought full-page ads in major newspapers condemning Israel and urging America to distance itself from the Jewish state.

Despite his always composed and moderate-sounding demeanor, Mr. Peck displays disturbingly radical views.

Suggestion That the 9/11 Attack Was a Result of U.S. Actions
[.......]
Selective Morality
[.......]
Whitewashing and Justifying Terrorists

Peck whitewashes and justifies Iranian-backed terrorist groups and their leaders, invoking America's first President. "In his day, George Washington would have been called a terrorist, if the British had known the phrase," Peck stated in a June 1, 2010 interview with Fox News' Greta Van Susteren.
[.......]
CAMERA: Spotlight on Flotilla Spokesman Edward Peck

Last edited:

Forum List

Back