Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
357026797506bf35a7ec0k.jpg

Ready for it?

Urinals.

Nothing but sit-down stools and stalls.

Think it’ll sail better?

Story @ The Navy's newest, most sophisticated aircraft carrier doesn't have urinals

new-island.jpg

Why would urinals be required onboard a carrier? I served on 2 of them, and it didn't make much difference to me either way. I can pee in a toilet just as well as I can pee in a urinal.

To be honest, I really could not care less.

In rough seas, almost nobody uses the urinals. Been there - done that.

Yeah, but to tell you the truth, carriers move very little unless there are some REALLY ugly seas going on. I remember one of the best times on a carrier that I had was when the USS DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER (CVN-69) went above the Arctic Circle in Feb. Well, the waves were big enough that there was spray coming all the way up OVER the flight deck (about 90 ft off the water normally). We ended up freezing an A6 to the deck under about a foot of ice. And, as a result of those rough seas, the carrier was taking 10 to 15 deg. rolls, and watching them land via the CCTV PLAT camera was pretty scary on occasion. Because I'd started out on small ships, 10 to 15 deg. rolls were pretty much normal to me, but all the carrier sailors and airwing were having a hard time with it. Normally it took about 30 to 45 min. to get through the chow line and get fed, but during those couple of weeks, was never more than a 10 min. wait because nobody else was hungry, they were all sick in bed.

And yeah, considering that women have been integrated into almost all aspects of Navy life, why do you even need a urinal? I mean, how many of you people have urinals in your houses?

Forum List

Back