USS Essex CO Fired

True dat.

Sounds like the military in the bush years.

I don't know about your guy. But we had ways to get rid of incompetent senior officers. We finished off a full bull and made sure he had no chance to make flag rank. And, yeah, it was all the "small" things that are "big" when it comes to a command running smoothly.

I know this guy. A good man. His problem is the incompetent "fucks" that are in his command. I've been out a long time, but I understand routine things that used to be fixed by ship's company, i.e. clogged toilets (shitters), AC's, electrical, etc., now are being contracted out to Sand Crab (worthless) civilians who are flown in (?) to make such repairs? Jesus Christ - sounds like the Navy during the Carter years. Fucked up, low morale, low pay, a Commander In Chump who doesn't give a shit, etc.

Adios in November Barry.

You're a complete fuck-up

And no - you MAY NOT have the vote from active duty military, veterans, nor our spouses.

USS Essex CO fired after collision | Associated Press

Incompetent, or simply unpopular-I've seen it happen both ways, Jake (and I bet you have too.)

Now in this instance, I don't see that we know enough to say whether this officer ought to have been relieved, or not..........Was the cause of the accident improper ship handling, or was it mechanical? If it was the latter, did the captain know about the problem, or should he have known, and failed to have it rectified? (One IS responsible for the actions/inactions of one's subordinates). We don't know any of that. What we do know, is that even good officers can screw up; screw up bad enough, even once, and no matter how good an officer's record is, there will be consequences.

Forum List

Back