USS Essex CO Fired

Warrior102

Gold Member
May 22, 2011
I know this guy. A good man. His problem is the incompetent "fucks" that are in his command. I've been out a long time, but I understand routine things that used to be fixed by ship's company, i.e. clogged toilets (shitters), AC's, electrical, etc., now are being contracted out to Sand Crab (worthless) civilians who are flown in (?) to make such repairs? Jesus Christ - sounds like the Navy during the Carter years. Fucked up, low morale, low pay, a Commander In Chump who doesn't give a shit, etc.

Adios in November Barry.

You're a complete fuck-up

And no - you MAY NOT have the vote from active duty military, veterans, nor our spouses.

USS Essex CO fired after collision | Associated Press

so clogged toilets caused the essex to collide with a tanker?

and that's obama's fault?

:rofl:

if you had another six brains, warbly-poo, you'd have half a dozen.

Ah the failed moderator/failed Army officer (ahem) checks in.

It figures "An Officer Fired" thread caught your interest.

Bring back memories asshole beaaaaaaaaaatch??

Idiot....

Ah the failed moderator/failed Army officer (ahem) checks in.

It figures "An Officer Fired" thread caught your interest.

Bring back memories asshole beaaaaaaaaaatch??

Idiot....

i was in the navy, and i never was relieved for cause like your buddy.

of course, i was competent.

go figure, huh?

Maybe you were out too long warrior. Shit happens and the commanding officer gets relieved of duty. That's the way the Navy always worked. You don't like it?

I know this guy. A good man. His problem is the incompetent "fucks" that are in his command. I've been out a long time, but I understand routine things that used to be fixed by ship's company, i.e. clogged toilets (shitters), AC's, electrical, etc., now are being contracted out to Sand Crab (worthless) civilians who are flown in (?) to make such repairs? Jesus Christ - sounds like the Navy during the Carter years. Fucked up, low morale, low pay, a Commander In Chump who doesn't give a shit, etc.

Adios in November Barry.

And no - you MAY NOT have the vote from active duty military, veterans, nor our spouses.

So much for the concept of 'personal responsibility' from the right wingers.

Adios in November Barry.

So much for left wingers who routinely dismiss the opinion of Veterans as nothing but "right wingers".

Adios in November Barry.

So much for left wingers who routinely dismiss the opinion of Veterans as nothing but "right wingers".

So whitehall.....are you claiming Warrior102 is NOT a right winger? Unless you can prove he's not, your accusation is idiotic.

Let's see, I criticized warrior's opinion of a Navy related incident and you called him a right winger and walked away from the argument. Which one of us is the bigot?

Let's see, I criticized warrior's opinion of a Navy related incident and you called him a right winger and walked away from the argument. Which one of us is the bigot?

Ahh, no, you criticized my statement about 'personal responsibility' and a right winger. Now you have to prove a right winger is really not a right winger. THAT is the crux of the 'argument'.

Ahh, no, you criticized my statement about 'personal responsibility' and a right winger. Now you have to prove a right winger is really not a right winger. THAT is the crux of the 'argument'.

Why would you need to know if Biker is a "right winger"? Does a label justify a bigoted assumption? Maybe if I used the N word.

Why would you need to know if Biker is a "right winger"? Does a label justify a bigoted assumption? Maybe if I used the N word.

Let's play a Q&A game, ok sonny boy?

Which political side 'claims' ownership and adherence to the belief in 'personal responsibility', the left or the right?

Take your time sonny...

Sounds like the military in the bush years.

I don't know about your guy. But we had ways to get rid of incompetent senior officers. We finished off a full bull and made sure he had no chance to make flag rank. And, yeah, it was all the "small" things that are "big" when it comes to a command running smoothly.

Adios in November Barry.

Adios in November Barry.

only the bad ones.

Last edited:
Sounds like the military in the bush years.

I don't know about your guy. But we had ways to get rid of incompetent senior officers. We finished off a full bull and made sure he had no chance to make flag rank. And, yeah, it was all the "small" things that are "big" when it comes to a command running smoothly.

Adios in November Barry.

Incompetent, or simply unpopular-I've seen it happen both ways, Jake (and I bet you have too.)

Now in this instance, I don't see that we know enough to say whether this officer ought to have been relieved, or not..........Was the cause of the accident improper ship handling, or was it mechanical? If it was the latter, did the captain know about the problem, or should he have known, and failed to have it rectified? (One IS responsible for the actions/inactions of one's subordinates). We don't know any of that. What we do know, is that even good officers can screw up; screw up bad enough, even once, and no matter how good an officer's record is, there will be consequences.

Adios in November Barry.

By your reasoning Ronald Reagan was an incompetent Commander-in-Chief:

In April 1983, Enterprise ran aground on a sandbar in San Francisco Bay while returning from deployment and remained stuck there for several hours.

Mea Culpa, I in fact erred by suggesting Warrior used reasoning.

there must've been a sigh of relief after Warbler departed for the final time. No one had to put up the pretense that he was a hetero anymore :)

Forum List

Back