USS Carolina

she was involved in every major naval battle in WW2:

they were gonna scrap here.....when the people of nc found out they began to raise money to bring her home...to wilmington....

Last edited:

okay from what i got..these planes were lowered into the water by a crane and picked up that way....i could be wrong...if any naval guys care to correct me...go for it....

and perhaps the said naval guy can tell us what this is:

i got more....lol....i dont know who thinks the way to man's heart is thru his tummie.....i have found they do love their guns, ships and planes...

now we hit the engine room:

here are the cables that tether it to the shore....i dont think it floats on the water but i think they kinda dug out a place for it to sit

here is the kitchen....the bakery.....

and this is where my camera battery died on me......what i didnt get pics of .....the living quarters....i will try to go back one day and finish the job.....but remember i am neither a photographer nor maritime person....i am just a woman who likes men and i have found men like their war toys...i am so jaded by now...i think i have seen all of them..and yet i have not...

ladies when the man goes...the uss something or the witchcraft plane or this or that is on exhibit...dont be shy ..grab a camera and comfie shoes and go....sure you will be bored and he will talk you to death and tell you things you are not sure you want to hear....but he will be happy...its kinda their shoe shopping

Forum List

Back