USrael

What justifies the USraeli alliance? I've recently analyzed several possible reasons and have found them lacking. What are your opinions?
You would have to define what that means, I know no such thing as USrael.

That is, when you get back from being banned again.

José;1081122 said:
I missed the part where Delta said he was the president of Costa Rica or even one of its ambassadors.

Keep your punches above the waist line, please.
Jose, you mean to say it is okay to generalize about Israelis but it isn't about Costa Ricans?

btw, what do those two big red blots on you rep profile mean...that's pretty impressive, you've even beat out Sunni Man for bad rep tally. :tongue:

Quote: by ED

I know that. I know it sounds ridiculous. I hate the comparison. I'm not saying Israel is making Nazi-style concentration camps or that they have a Hitler or anything like that. I'm just looking at a map... and seeing a resemblance in another map. That shouldn't scandalize me as much as it should scandalize YOU.

You're so full of shit.

Now you can go around and claim Israelis are scandalized by Hitler comparisons, eh? Or they SHOULD be, according to you.

I imagine they have had such hatred spewed about them from the beginning of time that your nasty little comments mean nothing.

So how's Costa Rica, btw? I understand their main tourist attraction is providing underage kids to middle aged men.

José;1081122 said:
I missed the part where Delta said he was the president of Costa Rica or even one of its ambassadors.

Keep your punches above the waist line, please.
Jose, you mean to say it is okay to generalize about Israelis but it isn't about Costa Ricans?

If I've done anything it is to BREAK DOWN the stereotypes, showing examples of various Israeli who DO disagree and who DO dissent to the actions of their government- Israeli who THEMSELVES are scandalized. You are the one who generalizes by pretending that every single Israeli conforms with your idiotic denial of the situation of blatant COLONIALISM imposed on the Palestinian people.

Furthermore, I find it very curious (and very much a good example of your total lack of any capacity to think) that you point out the tremendous problem of illegal sex tourism in Costa rica. It's curious because you know, I didn't know much about that problem at all- until I started regularly using the airport. In Juan Santamaria Airport, you notice many signs and warnings about it- stuff like "You will spend the rest of your life behind bars" and whatever.

So, you want to talk about generalizations, Ravi? How about this: SEX TOURISM IS A PROBLEM BECAUSE OF THE SICK CREEPS FROM YOUR FUCKING COUNTRY WHO COME TO THE PLACE SPECIFICALLY TO FUCK LITTLE KIDS. Now THAT is fucked up. Maybe that's a problem that YOU have to work on. Phew, at least you know, on our side we just have to deal with petty criminal maggots making a buck (you know, the usual), but you've got to deal with their MARKET of SICK fucks. YOUR MEN.

But what am I doing?! How can I take such lies about my country?? Child prostitution?? Never!! I have been to Costa Rica. I lived there for 14 of the past 20 years. I have never seen child prostitutes. I've never come into contact with this. I guess you MUST be lying. It is my firm "belief", and I have much "faith" that it is all just lies! Right?? This is the way to go about it, huh? I can't even ignore your evidence since you forgot to post any or in general make any particular point other than taking a cheap shot. But hey, I'm still going to deny anything you say, and I don't have to provide any counter evidence of my own even, because even if you had posted any evidence I can just completely ignore it and downright call it all propaganda from people who just "don't know". Well, I guess you've taught me a valuable lesson on how to conduct my discussions in the future, ravi. Thanks.

Since you seem just so interested in the subject (and not blatantly trying to make fun of an underdeveloped country's problems), here's a 1995 report on the matter: http://www.streetchildren.org.uk/reports/ecpat_child_prostitution_and_sex_tourism_costa_rica.pdf from NGO Street Children.

Today, Costa Rica's international debt stands at around US$3.5 billion, real wages remain stagnant and 10% of the county's 2.9 million people are living in absolute poverty. This is a country which desperately needs foreign exchange revenue, and like many other countries in the same position it has developed its tourist industry in pursuit of hard currency. Tourism has now overtaken the banana industry as Costa Rica's most important source of foreign exchange.

Though the Government and tourist authorities like to highlight the development of so-called Eco-tourism (the country won an award for its 'exemplary support' of ecologically responsible tourism in 1992 - Baker, 1993), Costa Rica actually hosts large numbers of dedicated, seasoned North American and European sex tourists. Meanwhile, it seems probable that many of the male tourists who are ostensibly drawn to Costa Rica for other reasons (surfing, water sports, ecotourism, etc.), as well as some of the 30,000 US citizens who have retired to Costa Rica, also sexually exploit local women and children during the course of their stay.

A few statistics baldly explain why many Costa Rican women and children are so vulnerable to this form of exploitation. In addition to the fact that 10% of Costa Ricans live in absolute poverty, it is the case that 40% of female adolescents do not attend school and 28% of youths between the ages of 12 and 19 work as domestics for below poverty level wages (Agustin Castro, 1994).

Furthermore, despite the fact that children are legally sexual minors until the age of 18, some 25% of Costa Rican mothers have their first child between the ages of 15 and 18; and 41% of births are to single mothers (Barry, 1991). There is also a serious drug problem in Costa Rica, which both reflects and compounds the misery associated with poverty. For many women and children, this is an economic and social context in which the only thing they can hope to sell, barter or exchange is their own bodies and sexuality.

So how's that? Am I going to say that this is just fucked propaganda? NO- BECAUSE UNTIL WE COME TO TERMS WITH THE PROBLEMS OF OUR COUNTRY WE WILL NEVER MEET THEM. That is why idiotic defensive nationalism is gonna fuck Israel in the end- and it's gonna fuck the US as well. But hey, if it makes you feel good about yourself to make fun of the socio-economic problems of Third World countries I guess then we can see why you are such a rabid supporter of Imperialism.

New Topics

Forum List

Back