Usps?

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
So... USPS keeps losing money.

Now... DNL and Fedex seem to make money, so the market can handle this.

The problem with getting rid of USPS directly is that we depend on it for delivery of government documents and utilities use it to deliver bills.

So.... what's the solution?

USPS should be done away with, or, then stampe need to be $2.00 if that is what it truly costs to mail a letter.

99% of my mail goes right in the shredder. Therefore.. it can't be that necessary.

So... USPS keeps losing money.

Now... DNL and Fedex seem to make money, so the market can handle this.

The problem with getting rid of USPS directly is that we depend on it for delivery of government documents and utilities use it to deliver bills.

So.... what's the solution?

Why don't they sponsor a bicycle team in the Tour de France?

That would give them good exposure on an international level and would likely draw in more business.

• Banned
It's a public service.
That we can't afford and don't need.

Speak for yourself. I know my job needs the post office.

So do millions and millions of Americans.

Plus, it's in the Constitution.

There are alternatives. Also, you're already paying for it behind the scenes through your taxdollars and through the increased cots on goods you buy passed on from corporate taxes and taxes on others' incomes- which pay for the subsidies. We've driven up the cost of everything in order to hide the cost at the checkout.

And now we're facing a growing deficit and debt- to fucking China and Iran- that will destroy this nation in the long run.

It's simply not sustainable.

USPS should be done away with, or, then stampe need to be $2.00 if that is what it truly costs to mail a letter.

Why?

If it costs $2.00, then sell stamps for $2.00. Enough of this it costs $2.00, but we only charge $.43. We'll just use tax $$ and reimburse USPS on the back end for their losses. It buries the true cost of running the USPS. Make people see what it actually costs.

It is a cost ineffective operation... it should be done away with or privatized IMO.

Last edited:
99% of my mail goes right in the shredder. Therefore.. it can't be that necessary.

I'd guess I'm closer to about 50%. So if you add up all of us that have some % of our mail that's just junk it seems like there's at least something to try to help get the usps out of the red. Do away with the cheap bulk mail rates. All that crap clogs up the system, utilizes time, energy, and other resources to move it from point A to point B when it then gets tossed in the trash? Screw that. Charge more, a lot more, for it and most of it will disappear.

Speak for yourself. I know my job needs the post office.

So do millions and millions of Americans.

Plus, it's in the Constitution.

It says establish - it doesn't mean that the government has to run the operations of Post Office forever.

It seems to me I remember that the CEO of FEDEX wanted to take over the USPS.

Last I heard REDEX ran pretty well.

FEDEX runs great.

But it'd cost you about 15 bucks to mail a letter from NY to San Francisco by FEDEX.

The USPS charges 44 cents.

Forum List

Back