USMB Was Right On Soros, I Was Way Wrong

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
I would like to thank those who debated with me in late 2004 and early 2005 about george soros. You all were very right, i was very wrong. I just completed reading "The Vast Left Wing Conspiracy" by National Review writer Byron York, and his expose of George Soros (backed by the public record that I've verified) was searing.

So yea, just thanking you (musicman, rightwingavenger, avatar, kathianne, a few others) for trying to expose me to the truth.

NATO AIR said:
I would like to thank those who debated with me in late 2004 and early 2005 about george soros. You all were very right, i was very wrong. I just completed reading "The Vast Left Wing Conspiracy" by National Review writer Byron York, and his expose of George Soros (backed by the public record that I've verified) was searing.

So yea, just thanking you (musicman, rightwingavenger, avatar, kathianne, a few others) for trying to expose me to the truth.

Anytime! You know we do it just to hear ourselves yammer right?

NATO AIR said:
:funnyface sometimes you must think i do this, put my fingers in my ears and say "la la la la".

We're taught to believe that "not one side can be totally right", well it's almost wholly the case that that is the case. I still think you should go into politics.

NATO AIR said:
... we better be prepared for an even worse leftist campaign in 2008.

You're so right, my friend. An endless stream of lies served them well enough for many years, but no more; it's all slipping away from them now. They're cornered rats, fighting for their ideological lives. Nothing I see will surprise me.

It is the free flow of information that threatens the left with extinction, NA. The truth damns them. Unless they can somehow silence the bloggers, and regain an absolute monopoly of the airwaves, they are dead men walking, and they know it. You've seen their desperate attempts to resurrect the Fairness Doctrine (a sly euphemism for "government control of content"). You know which scaly, wire-pulling international financier is behind U.N. efforts to grab control of the Internet. Watch the engines that drive the free flow of information; this is where they must strike a fatal blow, or die themselves.

NATO AIR said:

Great book! Dont forget to read some of the leftist propagand a too (with a skeptical eye of course!). You have to know your enemy if you want to fight them effectively.

CSM said:
Great book! Dont forget to read some of the leftist propagand a too (with a skeptical eye of course!). You have to know your enemy if you want to fight them effectively.

Can't "point" you just yet; I owe you one!

What you say is so true. I'm just starting a hit piece called "Is Bill Cosby Right?" - where the professional race hucksters get to tee off on Cosby for being a traitor to the black cause. No one is safe from these bastards, once he has commited the unpardonable offense: ideological heresy.

CSM said:

I tried to read that crap book of RFK Jr.'s, but I had to trade it with a friend for that crap book of Paul Krugman's, which I traded for that almost crap book by daniel benjamin.... This one wasn't so bad, some partisan shots but quite sober otherwise for a liberal foreign policy manifesto.

I see the enemy everyday on Hardball, Inside Edition and Daily Kos. I ain't impressed, but then again, lately its hard to be impressed with our side that often. better days must be coming though.

rtwngAvngr said:
We're taught to believe that "not one side can be totally right", well it's almost wholly the case that that is the case. I still think you should go into politics.

One day, if the Communists don't cut my tongue out for joining up with the pro-democracy bunch in Hong Kong everytime I visit there.

I don't think I'd do very well. Maybe I could be an adviser or speechwriter?

I think sometimes I try to balance the arguments too much. I convince myself there must be a good counterargument or counterpoint, sadly, rarely that is the case anymore.

musicman said:
You're so right, my friend. An endless stream of lies served them well enough for many years, but no more; it's all slipping away from them now. They're cornered rats, fighting for their ideological lives. Nothing I see will surprise me.

It is the free flow of information that threatens the left with extinction, NA. The truth damns them. Unless they can somehow silence the bloggers, and regain an absolute monopoly of the airwaves, they are dead men walking, and they know it. You've seen their desperate attempts to resurrect the Fairness Doctrine (a sly euphemism for "government control of content"). You know which scaly, wire-pulling international financier is behind U.N. efforts to grab control of the Internet. Watch the engines that drive the free flow of information; this is where they must strike a fatal blow, or die themselves.

Good point, I just noticed the Fairness Doctrine creeping back into their talking points. Wonder if McCain will screw over the blogs when he rams his new campaign-finance laugher through? (this is where he drives me crazy)

NATO AIR said:
Good point, I just noticed the Fairness Doctrine creeping back into their talking points. Wonder if McCain will screw over the blogs when he rams his new campaign-finance laugher through? (this is where he drives me crazy)
Exactly why I'm hoping McCain isn't The Man in '08.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Nah. I think his time has passed. Mitt Romney is interesting. I like a lot of his stances, and what I don't agree with I can live with for the most part.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Mitt_Romney.htm

I agree. I think McCain has little chance of being the nominee. Too much of the base just doesnt like him. And I think we will have some stronger contenders against him. Mitt is deffinately one of them. He is on the forefront of the battle against gay marriage.

I am going to wait till I see who is running before I really get excited about supporting someone though.

As for the original post. I dont even remember what we discussed. I am glad i was right though:-D

NATO AIR said:

I'd point you if the gods of pts would let me! This is why, I'm proud to be Mom2!

Kathianne said:
I'd point you if the gods of pts would let me! This is why, I'm proud to be Mom2!

:D, romney isn't bad. I REALLY REALLY like Sam Brownback. I wonder about George Allen. I would love McCain as a VP, I think he would do what Cheney does and even better. Condi Rice would be a great VP too, or just keep her at State for another 4 years. That would actually be even better. Make McCain sec. of defense (he has and always will be the best Republican on defense issues, he's even more vicious on the WOT than Pres. Bush has been) and let it be a Romney-Brownback ticket.

NATO AIR said:
:D, romney isn't bad. I REALLY REALLY like Sam Brownback. I wonder about George Allen. I would love McCain as a VP, I think he would do what Cheney does and even better. Condi Rice would be a great VP too, or just keep her at State for another 4 years. That would actually be even better. Make McCain sec. of defense (he has and always will be the best Republican on defense issues, he's even more vicious on the WOT than Pres. Bush has been) and let it be a Romney-Brownback ticket.

If Condi was behind that statement from State today regarding the cartoons and publishing, I'll never vote for her. What I've heard of Romney isn't bad, but I need to know more. Brownback? Maybe. McCain, is not predictable enough for me for President. I don't like being surprised.

Kathianne said:
If Condi was behind that statement from State today regarding the cartoons and publishing, I'll never vote for her. What I've heard of Romney isn't bad, but I need to know more. Brownback? Maybe. McCain, is not predictable enough for me for President. I don't like being surprised.

What statement was that? That bad? Ouch.

NATO AIR said:
What statement was that? That bad? Ouch.

Here we go. Sounds innocus enough, until one realizes they just undercut the Euros that were finally speaking out:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nation/3634257.html

State Department criticizes Muhammad cartoons
Associated Press

WASHINGTON � The State Department criticized today cartoon drawings in Europe of the Prophet Muhammad, calling them "offensive to the beliefs of Muslims."
ADVERTISEMENT

While recognizing the importance of freedom of the press and expression, department press officer Janelle Hironimus said these rights must be coupled with press responsibility.

There has been a wave of protests throughout the Muslim world in recent days following publication of the cartoon drawings in European newspapers.

"Inciting religious or ethnic hatred in this manner is not acceptable," Hironimus said. "We call for tolerance and respect for all communities and for their religious beliefs and practices."

Forum List

Back