USMB Status/Search Updates

elchorizo

Platinum Member
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2009
We finished migrating the site to a new VM and everything seems to be up and running. We do have to rebuild the search index and that generally takes several hours. Search will be broken or not functioning properly while this is going on. After it finishes everything should be back to normal.

We apologize for the inconvenience. The previous server suffered a hard drive crash and the system was no longer stable. We did restore a backup but search functionality was still broken and thus the need to move to a new host.

If you run into any problems that are not search related, please post them in here.

We finished migrating the site to a new VM and everything seems to be up and running. We do have to rebuild the search index and that generally takes several hours. Search will be broken or not functioning properly while this is going on. After it finishes everything should be back to normal.

We apologize for the inconvenience. The previous server suffered a hard drive crash and the system was no longer stable. We did restore a backup but search functionality was still broken and thus the need to move to a new host.

If you run into any problems that are not search related, please post them in here.
Thanks for the fixes.

All of them.

And thank you OODLES for letting us know what was going on.
Sincerely! :11_2_1043:

Looks like all is well again. Great job, and thank you!

I've developed this sore spot on the forward interior section on the ball of my right foot. I'm worried that it might be plantar fasciitis, and am wondering if you had any suggestions as to remedies that would help with the pain.

thanks in advance

THANK YOU for fixing it!

oops. You meant embedded images? Get an error doing that.

I can not post anything in other threads, gives me a message of Security failure, refresh and try again...????

I can not post anything in other threads, gives me a message of Security failure, refresh and try again...????

It's pretty messed up here today. I get the "Security failure " thing as well.

Only a smidgen of any signatures show, too.

This is really weird, I noticed it yesterday when trying to post replies then today as well...
but I just noticed that one of the threads that I posted which gave me a security message when trying to post

is now showing up as posted???

WAHHHHH

I don't get it?

:(

Last edited:

Here is the message I keep getting

of course I am clueless on what it means....

undefined:
Security error occurred. Please refresh the page and try again.

and why can I post on this thread and NOT on any of the others that I had been participating in? bawahhh :(

Here is the message I keep getting

of course I am clueless on what it means....

undefined:
Security error occurred. Please refresh the page and try again.

and why can I post on this thread and NOT on any of the others that I had been participating in? bawahhh :(

Same here. Computers screw up, it's what they do. I damn sure don't want one driving a 72,000 lb truck.

Give it a try now. I had to tweak a few settings on the server. In addition, I had the error log enabled while I was debugging stuff and didn't turn it off. It filled the hard drive up to 100% --- so that has also been fixed.

Forum List

Back