USMB "South Park"

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
Well ... not really but it's a concept I am thinking of. Playing with my 3D designs a little and came up with a cartoon character for me, yes, the one in my newest avatar. Was trying to think of something fun to do ... well I started thinking about all the web cartoons out there, like Foamy while watching South Park of course. So here's a proposal for anyone interested, I was thinking of taking the South Park format (scripting style) and making a web cartoon with characters based on people here (only if they volunteer of course).

The characters models would be based on your user name and of course some creative input if interested, the personality ... well ... I will base those on the posts I read here. Working on a quick little skit for a demo of what I am talking about with mine.

The title is something in the works right now, I have no ideas for the title yet at all. Voices will be a problem so it would be nice if you had a recorder on your computer to do your own character's voice (again only if interested). I will just send you a copy of the script and story board and you will send me a voice recording of your characters parts. Not as complicated as it might seem, you can even be yourself and add flavor to the script. It's all in the name of fun though, so please, if you want to be involved it would be best if you have a strong sense of humor (nothing is sacred type) and don't take anything personal.

I expect edelicvious bias and partisanship from the aanimation staff :D

I am the only animator currently ... and probably one of the least partisans on here ... so doubt it. But quirks will be made fun of ... I promise that.

The script will be collaborative, but it's my personal project. My v-game is done for now and this is just my next personal project for fun. Because of making the online game I have been practicing with graphics a lot and getting decent (not great yet). So a project like this will give me even better practice. The work I do is nuts and bolts programming so I rarely get the opportunity to play with graphics much other than my personal time.

as long as my character isnt ever fucking davids...i am game....

LOL ... it will be PG-13 (foul and suggestive language) so that won't even be a possibility. Also anyone who does want help will always have the final say in what the character based on their personality does.

A bit of history for why I am equating it to South Park, all the characters in that show are based on the producers own lives, the people from their home town (which actually isn't South Park), just done in satire.

Whatb engine do you plan ton use? Anime Studio? Blender?

Blender .... practicing the audio syncing today. I got simplistic modeling down pat, but if anyone else has a simple cartoonish character of their own they would like to see in it I'm up for that to. I'm having fun with rigging and posing the most.

o i wanna be like the bus driver...but purdy.....maybe the eccentric old lady that the kids are afraid of...cause she is a witch....i would have to have a cat and dog...

o i wanna be like the bus driver...but purdy.....maybe the eccentric old lady that the kids are afraid of...cause she is a witch....i would have to have a cat and dog...

Oh, forgot to mention the setting. Doing online avatar like characters. Kind of like cartoon icons/avatars. It's in a digital world like setting, like a lot of virtual reality style stories. Think of it as if our online personalities became independent of our real life ones.

Well ... not really but it's a concept I am thinking of. Playing with my 3D designs a little and came up with a cartoon character for me, yes, the one in my newest avatar. Was trying to think of something fun to do ... well I started thinking about all the web cartoons out there, like Foamy while watching South Park of course. So here's a proposal for anyone interested, I was thinking of taking the South Park format (scripting style) and making a web cartoon with characters based on people here (only if they volunteer of course).

The characters models would be based on your user name and of course some creative input if interested, the personality ... well ... I will base those on the posts I read here. Working on a quick little skit for a demo of what I am talking about with mine.

The title is something in the works right now, I have no ideas for the title yet at all. Voices will be a problem so it would be nice if you had a recorder on your computer to do your own character's voice (again only if interested). I will just send you a copy of the script and story board and you will send me a voice recording of your characters parts. Not as complicated as it might seem, you can even be yourself and add flavor to the script. It's all in the name of fun though, so please, if you want to be involved it would be best if you have a strong sense of humor (nothing is sacred type) and don't take anything personal.

What a cool idea.

I'll play.

I have a suggestion though..you set up the plot of let each person write their own lines.

LOL ... it will be PG-13 (foul and suggestive language) so that won't even be a possibility. Also anyone who does want help will always have the final say in what the character based on their personality does.

A bit of history for why I am equating it to South Park, all the characters in that show are based on the producers own lives, the people from their home town (which actually isn't South Park), just done in satire.

Wait a minute...if I cannot swear, then my character would not be remotely who I am.

That'd be like expecting me to cook without using any spice.

Wait a minute...if I cannot swear, then my character would not be remotely who I am.

LOL ... no swearing will be allowed in it, just nothing x-rated.

LOL ... no swearing will be allowed in it, just nothing x-rated.

Fuck yeah!!!

Cool ... that's four so far.

The reason I need voices is because ... well ... I only have one real life friend that I invite over (also she's the only one that knows where I live) and can't do all the voices myself, and she only comes over once in a while (normally we go out and do something). But if you do a voice then you get the character defined by you as well, since I can't pay for it.

does using Microsoft Text Reader count as providing a voice?

LOL ... sorry but no. If I wanted to use that I'd use the Linux one myself, it produces better results anyway. No, I want real voices for this. There are a lot of reactional tones that digital voices cannot reproduce no matter how hard you try.

I want in on the marketing rights ala "The Simpsons"

Man, Matt Groening is RICH! :lol:

Forum List

Back