USMB Script Warning before 'puter shut down.

Okay, so I fix my registry and teh 'puter crashes a few times. I defragg it too. Now I get a clean registry.

If it is a driver issue... sigh

I need to save all my various bookmarks. Where is the bookmark files stored?

thank you Microsoft.
Depends. In IE, there's a favorites folder. Not in Firefox. Not sure about Safari.

I use Xmarks | Bookmark Sync and Search

On my old mac, it was intuitive. I easily found a bookmark xml file. saved it. used it later when I reinstalled software and lost the old browser settings and files. imported things.

why does windows need to be so frustratingly unintuitive? I can learn and am learning, but what a weird way of setting things. Apple is much more consumer friendly, and has produced some very smart intuitively workable hardware/software apps.

I remember the very first macs. I worked at the Ad agency for Apple. I remember having a tech guy come in for the mac. All he did was pop out a board and insert another and I was off and running. The old mac came with a cassette tape with some visual things that made ease of use of the latest technological toy -- the mouse -- as intuitive as anything else on the desktop in my office.

I remember people trying to learn dos and typing away with their secret little language skills that produce an inferior product. Apple set the standard for consumer ease of use, and Microsoft has resisted since day one.

Don't blame Microsoft because you are computer ignorant.
Blame Microsoft because Windows fucking dies if it looks at a directory with too many files in it.

But I'm too lazy to learn Bash and make a true switch to Linux Mint. It's a great system, but it still requires where the files are stored and I just plain don't want to do that.

we should not as consumers, need to learn programing languages or computer technology in order to make a tool do what it is supposedly designed to do. time spent learning shit takes away from the use of tools and skills to actually produce something.

Coincidence? This is the third time in 4 months that I had my computer shut down. Usually after seeing a PM and trying to get to private messages. Then my computer will not budge. Closing a browser is impossible. Unplug machine and poof: Death.

usmbscript.png

There are two alert windows open. One is behind the other. The one behind is an alert about a PM.

After a few death screens, I decided to use Safari once in a while as it keeps track of all cookies and more, and I am familiar on how to peek inside what the browser was doing last.

I see the problem, stop using Safari.

Browser Speed Tests: How Safari 4 Stacks Up

The problem with most all browsers is they come with idiot default settings. Shit comes from techs who think the latest window dressing is necessary and even useful.

Why should I have to spend time learning how to turn off all the browser settings? why do browsers have to 'think' and interfere with typing by selecting words you 'might' want to type? then of course there is the shit that happens when going fast and the browser has selected phrases previously written and inserts them and ...

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

It is my opinion (and the opinion of others) that many programers and computer 'pros' are a useless lot who have made life more intolerable than necessary. smart technology is usually anything but smart.

Use Google Chrome, it is the least technical browser out there, is specifically built to handle flash as fast as possible, and has never frozen up on me, even when I specifically load sights that crash almost everything else. It tends to crash and close on those sites, but I think you would prefer that to crashing your computer.

Okay, so I fix my registry and teh 'puter crashes a few times. I defragg it too. Now I get a clean registry.

thank you Microsoft.

Use Xmarks, it allows you to synch all your bookmarks across all your browsers and computers.

http://www.xmarks.com/

I see the problem, stop using Safari.

Browser Speed Tests: How Safari 4 Stacks Up

The problem with most all browsers is they come with idiot default settings. Shit comes from techs who think the latest window dressing is necessary and even useful.

Why should I have to spend time learning how to turn off all the browser settings? why do browsers have to 'think' and interfere with typing by selecting words you 'might' want to type? then of course there is the shit that happens when going fast and the browser has selected phrases previously written and inserts them and ...

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

It is my opinion (and the opinion of others) that many programers and computer 'pros' are a useless lot who have made life more intolerable than necessary. smart technology is usually anything but smart.

Use Google Chrome, it is the least technical browser out there, is specifically built to handle flash as fast as possible, and has never frozen up on me, even when I specifically load sights that crash almost everything else. It tends to crash and close on those sites, but I think you would prefer that to crashing your computer.
I've tried it. I dislike Google and Microsoft as huge companies, but maybe I;'ll go with Chrome. A few others have suggested it being great.

thank you Microsoft.
Depends. In IE, there's a favorites folder. Not in Firefox. Not sure about Safari.

I use Xmarks | Bookmark Sync and Search

* In Firefox 1.5 and above, five daily bookmark backup files are saved in the bookmarkbackups folder, located in the Firefox profile folder. You must recover one of these five backups before they are overwritten by newer versions.

* In Firefox 2 and below, and in other Mozilla browsers, bookmarks are stored in the file "bookmarks.html", located in the profile folder. There is also a "bookmarks.html" file in the program folder, but this one is only a template and does not hold your bookmarks. To make sure you have the right file, you can open the bookmarks.html file or any bookmark backup file using "File -> Open File" from the menu (see above).

* Starting in Firefox 3, bookmarks are stored in the places.sqlite file and bookmarks*.html files are only used for importing and exporting. As of Firefox 3 Beta 5 bookmarkbackup files are stored in JSON format.

Coincidence? This is the third time in 4 months that I had my computer shut down. Usually after seeing a PM and trying to get to private messages. Then my computer will not budge. Closing a browser is impossible. Unplug machine and poof: Death.

usmbscript.png

There are two alert windows open. One is behind the other. The one behind is an alert about a PM.

After a few death screens, I decided to use Safari once in a while as it keeps track of all cookies and more, and I am familiar on how to peek inside what the browser was doing last.
Good thing we don't have any posters here with a history of posting links that have malicious script attached to them.

Oh, wait.....

I have suspected Oddball Dude of certain things for a long time. Even on staff (especially so) he has had an unhealthy obsession with a select few posters. Most will not accept pms. reps, or emails because of this creep

Forum List

Back