USMB Presidential Tracking Poll

How do you feel Barack Obama is performing his role as President

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Given the Congressional leadership he's stuck with, he's doing pretty well. Its tough to push through policy when the Speaker and Majority Leader are grade "A" morons.

I think most Presidents spend year 1 dealing with all the stuff their predecessor left behind. Most of the downturn in the economy started prior to November, Iran was probably building the reactor prior to January, and the Taliban was starting to surge in the closing days of the Bush White House. He's mostly reacting right now, but doing ok. There's definitely room for improvement and I'm hoping we see that as he gets into year 2.

He's doing what i suspected he would, being a rotten POTUS.

All his talk of change and transparency went out the window very early in his regime.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Given the Congressional leadership he's stuck with, he's doing pretty well. Its tough to push through policy when the Speaker and Majority Leader are grade "A" morons.

I think most Presidents spend year 1 dealing with all the stuff their predecessor left behind. Most of the downturn in the economy started prior to November, Iran was probably building the reactor prior to January, and the Taliban was starting to surge in the closing days of the Bush White House. He's mostly reacting right now, but doing ok. There's definitely room for improvement and I'm hoping we see that as he gets into year 2.

Hard to push thru when all 3 are left winger nutjobs??? When he has a vast majority in both houses???

Oh man.. that HAS to be the funniest BS I have read in a WHILE!!!!

He's too inexperienced and has never held a real job. He should start over.

funny-picture-1245329572507.jpeg

Hard to push thru when all 3 are left winger nutjobs??? When he has a vast majority in both houses???

Pelosi and Reid are terrible leaders. They can't keep the party in line.

A majority only counts when you can count on the majority support. Right now Pelosi and Reid are too weak to do that. Its the same reason that folks on the GOP side saw McCain's "Gang of 14" as such a betrayal.

But you should be enjoying this. No forward progress on Health Care Reform means you don't have to deal with all those things that give Conservatives scary dreams at night.

A majority only counts when you can count on the majority support. Right now Pelosi and Reid are too weak to do that. Its the same reason that folks on the GOP side saw McCain's "Gang of 14" as such a betrayal.

But you should be enjoying this. No forward progress on Health Care Reform means you don't have to deal with all those things that give Conservatives scary dreams at night.

___

C'mon now - just say it.

OBAMA SUCKS.

The truth will set you free....

Hmm, Queen nan has been one of the more effective Speakers the democrats have had, she always gets the votes she wants for bills from the dem side.

Harry is a moron of the first order.

___

C'mon now - just say it.

OBAMA SUCKS.

He was dealt a bad hand. Anyone elected in 2008 was going to have to deal with a lot of crap paid forward by the last guy in office, just as Bush inherited his share of messes from Clinton, and Clinton from G.H.W. Bush, etc.

He's doing alright given what he had to face up to at the very start of the term. We'll see where he goes from here.

BTW, why the need for the snap judgement? We're less than 1/4 of the way into his first of two terms? Surely you can hold out a bit to judge him a success or failure and let some time pass. Isn't that what Bush supporters have asked for when we consider his legacy?

Hmm, Queen nan has been one of the more effective Speakers the democrats have had, she always gets the votes she wants for bills from the dem side.

She's also a gift horse to the GOP for fundraising and campaigning. Reid has a philibuster proof majority and still can't get things done. He needs to go as he's blowing one of the biggest opportunities in recent political history.

She's also a gift horse to the GOP for fundraising and campaigning. Reid has a philibuster proof majority and still can't get things done. He needs to go as he's blowing one of the biggest opportunities in recent political history.
That money hasn't helped the GoP much.

That money hasn't helped the GoP much.

Touche. I'd give you rep for that, but it says I have to pass around reputation before I can give it to you again.

Last edited:
___

C'mon now - just say it.

OBAMA SUCKS.

He was dealt a bad hand. Anyone elected in 2008 was going to have to deal with a lot of crap paid forward by the last guy in office, just as Bush inherited his share of messes from Clinton, and Clinton from G.H.W. Bush, etc.

He's doing alright given what he had to face up to at the very start of the term. We'll see where he goes from here.

BTW, why the need for the snap judgement? We're less than 1/4 of the way into his first of two terms? Surely you can hold out a bit to judge him a success or failure and let some time pass. Isn't that what Bush supporters have asked for when we consider his legacy?

I wouldn't be to sure of that "first of TWO terms". Given the skeletons tumbling out of the closet on so many of his advisors, I'll be surprised if someone doesn't find something career ending on Obama before his first term ends.

I wouldn't be to sure of that "first of TWO terms". Given the skeletons tumbling out of the closet on so many of his advisors, I'll be surprised if someone doesn't find something career ending on Obama before his first term ends.

Republicans said that about Clinton and he walked to reelection against Dole, even after the "Republican Revolution." Democrats said that about Bush and he walked to reelection against Kerry despite polls showing him losing to "Anyone but Bush."

I've yet to see anyone on the rise in the GOP that has a hope of defeating him, or even tightening the margins from 2008. It is still early yet, so who knows.

___

C'mon now - just say it.

OBAMA SUCKS.

You lose credibility with the automatic 2nd term crap....

That's what the Barry Worshipers say...

I hope you are wrong. I do know they are trying to recruit "ordinary citizens", business people, educators, etc. who have never considered politics before. Some may say they are desperate, but I think it's a great idea.

It probably should be "possible two terms." Its worth noting that incumbent Presidents are pretty difficult to beat. Even Clinton and Bush won re-election, and both faced pretty hostile political environments.

Obama could lose in 2012, but the candidate and the environment necessary to knock out an incumbent isn't there yet.

___

C'mon now - just say it.

OBAMA SUCKS.

What about us!!!??

jimmy_carter_wikipedia.jpg

GeorgeBushSr.jpg

Forum List

Back