USMB Poster You Would Want To Spend The Day With

Stoner

Herbologist
Aug 16, 2008
Euphoria
Pick a male and female poster you would want to spend a day with and why.

For females I'll go with Strolling Bones. She's a fellow stoner who may be capable of hanging with me. We would destroy an ounce bag in 24 hours.

Male poster? I'll have to go with Gunny. With 2 jarheads together there's not a bar brawl on the planet we couldn't handle. Besides, we could pound Long Islands and see whose dated the biggest bitch on Earth. Should be a close one.

Who you got?

lol i would go with you...stoned and good conversation...something you dont get much....

as for a female...that is a tough one...echo, gigi, jillian are all good peeps...

i wouldnt have much trouble spending the day with most people on here. good conversation is always a plus in my book.

I can't pick one. My two would be Jillian and Black As Coal, they'd buy the meals, me the drinks. I figure I can eat more than they can drink, before we get kicked out of the establishment.

I can't pick one. My two would be Jillian and Black As Coal, they'd buy the meals, me the drinks. I figure I can eat more than they can drink, before we get kicked out of the establishment.
i wouldnt count on that :lol:

i think i'd like to meet care4all, in spite of the fact we disagree on candidates, i think we have several points of agreement on other issues
and who wouldnt want to meet gunny
;)

Chris for the guys, although it might be boring because I agree with everything i've ever read from him.

Jillian. I think she's hot, smart and i'd like her to see i'm not a nut in real life. Only when I talk politics.

I need one more. Alliebaba. Sooo curious what she looks like.

Chris for the guys, although it might be boring because I agree with everything i've ever read from him.

Jillian. I think she's hot, smart and i'd like her to see i'm not a nut in real life. Only when I talk politics.

I need one more. Alliebaba. Sooo curious what she looks like.

My pic of Jilian, pretty close to myself, about 10 years younger. ;)

angel heart...because she is thoughtful...even tho I have called her angel farts when I disagree with her opinion...and sometimes for no reason. at all..except it amuses me to say...angel farts...

William Joyce and Bass...both at the same time

Why? you're probably asking yourself.

Because I disagree with both of them on serious issues.

I would be seeking to understand (not just intellectually, but emotionally, too) why they feel the way they do.

Really folks, what's the point of taking to people with whom you agree?

People who are on the same page as you can't challenge your values. They cannot force you to rethink your positions. They cannot show you the flaws in your logic.

But talking with people with whom you disagree might be able to do that for you.

They may help you understand better why you believe what you believe, or they might even show you where your thinking is flawed, and help you perfect your line of reasoning.

In rare cases, they might convince you to totally abandon what you believe because you were just flat out wrong.

Intellectual discourse with those who disagree with you is like weightlifting for the mind.

No matter what the outcome of the conversation, you come out of the exercise a better person than you went into it.

If the point is seeking the truth, you have simply GOT to listen to people who sincerely disagreement with you.

THEY have something to tell you. You may not like it. You may walk away from it even more certain that you are right, or you may find yourself questioning your own values.

But understanding what is motivating them is at minimum what you'll get out of that conversation.

And it is entirely possible that such an exercise will also help you better understand what is motivating you, too.

And if you walk away from a discussion having learned either of those things, you have gained something approaching wisdom.

Here's what I think I've learned in my 58 years about the vast majority of people I have ever known, and bear in mind I've known some pretty bad assed people.

They are motivated by what they believe to be right. They are seeking to be righteous people as they understand their moral codes.

Trying to understand other people's moral codes is the best possible way you can test your own morality, folks.

Surrounding yourself with like-minded people is the road to you discovering that you are on the wrong path because if you never challenge what you believe, your arrogance is bound to lead you to hubris.

Surrounding yourself with yes-men is comforting and a mistake, because reality doesn't CARE what you and your group think.

The TRUTH is not subject to a vote.

Sometimes, you and everyone who agree with you, all those people who help you calfcify your world view are just flat out WRONG.

Only people who disagree with you can help you discover when that is true before REALITY comes and hammers home just how wrong you are.

People who disagree with you can often turn out to be the best thing that ever happens to you.

Hmmm...hard to pick just one of each.

Guys I would like to spend some time with (in no particular order):

Gunny
Diuretic
Dilloduck
Navy

Gals that would be interesting to meet (again in no particular order):

Kathianne
Shattered
Jillian

Truthfully, it would be interesting to meet just about anyone who posts here. Some, I suspect, might be entertaining to engage in conversation; others might be interesting to meet just to see if they are as (insert denigrating comment here) as they appear to be when they post.

Forum List

Back