USMB Owners..hello?

We'll get to formatting the empty space soon. If your experiencing some slow downs we're in the process of fixing all the YouTube videos in the music threads. This takes some time and uses a lot of resources. We can't run the fix on all of them at once, we have to do it in chunks so bear with us. There are thousands upon thousands of them ;)

End of day we should have all of them converted/fixed

And a great big Thank You for doing that. I've notice some of the music videos I've posted have been modified to work and others haven't been got to yet. I would volunteer to fix them myself but I suppose the editing window has closed by now.

What is the editing window for posts by the way? How long do we have?

We'll get to formatting the empty space soon. If your experiencing some slow downs we're in the process of fixing all the YouTube videos in the music threads. This takes some time and uses a lot of resources. We can't run the fix on all of them at once, we have to do it in chunks so bear with us. There are thousands upon thousands of them ;)

End of day we should have all of them converted/fixed

CK....when you say you'll be "formatting the empty space" what does that mean?

I am using ad block now which is working, but there is an awful lot of dead space on the right side of the screen.

Thanks.

CK....when you say you'll be "formatting the empty space" what does that mean?

I am using ad block now which is working, but there is an awful lot of dead space on the right side of the screen.

Thanks.
We bumped it out as far as we can get it. We run into format issues with ads. So the dead space will remain unless you turn off the ad blocker (which will only fill the empty space with 2 ads)

All I see on that side is my info and under that is Active Posts. The rest is dead space. I damn sure ain't turning off my ad blocker. Dead space is fine....too bad it's just more road glare.

App? I need an app? Is my avatar animated to you?

There's extensions that will allow animations in the avatars for this version.

You need to have the PHP extention ImageMagick installed on your server and have it selected as the Default Image Processor in the ACP -> Options -> Attatchments page.

Then when you upload your gif it converts it to every avatar size so it will remain animated all over the site. I just spent the evening trying to get it work on my site, looks good.

It took this fellow an evening of work and this site has just been transitioned. I'm not saying that they're gonna do this, but many of the things that are wanted may well be implemented given time.

There's a win-win here unless you're looking for a win-lose. Imo, there's one of those too.

Looks like this upgrade has taken away some of the things that was so charming about USMB. The animated avatars will not be implemented

You need to have the PHP extention ImageMagick installed on your server and have it selected as the Default Image Processor in the ACP -> Options -> Attatchments page.

Then when you upload your gif it converts it to every avatar size so it will remain animated all over the site. I just spent the evening trying to get it work on my site, looks good.

It took this fellow an evening of work and this site has just been transitioned. I'm not saying that they're gonna do this, but many of the things that are wanted may well be implemented given time.

There's a win-win here unless you're looking for a win-lose. Imo, there's one of those too.

Looks like this upgrade has taken away some of the things that was so charming about USMB. The animated avatars will not be implemented

I'll miss my rapper animation as well as my Ropey animation.

Still, there's so much I do like that this is a small thing for me. Some might consider it more of an issue and still, one never knows what the future will bring.

I'm passed it. I just had a thought.

I'll just use them as sigs. :)

Last edited:
It has basically changed from being a political message board to a hard sell, constantly rotating, advertising platform. That is what it is now.

I certainly do not begrudge the owners making money....but when you dilute the product to this extent simply to sell ad space it becomes counter productive.

Yep, it seems like us members that made USMB what it is today, are nothing but a potential buyers of products. THAT is exactly why the soul of what used to be USMB has been obliterated. Capitalism is good. But not at the expense of those who made the place. I am sure that there are good intentions..But you know what they say about that road

Where was that stated?

I didn't see anyone state that animated avis were perma dead.

THERE is ropey dancing! Now you are complete. :)

Sorry, Pixie. Maybe you can put it in your sig? Then you can swap out avies and STILL have your animated one in your sigline?

Perhaps they'll reconsider and have that available for paid members.

Where was that stated?

I didn't see anyone state that animated avis were perma dead.

Animated Avatars | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Forum List

Back