USMB op-eds? coming soon

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
I don't understand. Isn't every opinion posted on USMB an op-ed? Are we going to be treated to op-eds from selected posters that carry more weight than ordinary posts?

Yup. It's the "establishment" POV. lol

I think it will take some time though. They have to be enough submissions to get an adequate representation. The establishment POV of USMB would have been much better, say, three or four years ago.

Also, they have to get the right people to submit an editorial is the problem to. I don't think they are going to just take an editorial by some one who has just been here for a week. Maybe I'm wrong.

I don't understand. Isn't every opinion posted on USMB an op-ed? Are we going to be treated to op-eds from selected posters that carry more weight than ordinary posts?

Still don't get it. CK's thing about it week or so ago said like "do you want to write for USMB..." now the thing says opinions in the group do not reflect on usmb and are just the author's. So how exactly is anyone writing for usmb?

And ya, every post is like an op-ed.

Still don't get it. CK's thing about it week or so ago said like "do you want to write for USMB..." now the thing says opinions in the group do not reflect on usmb and are just the author's. So how exactly is anyone writing for usmb?

And ya, every post is like an op-ed.

Naturally. That's the way it is for any organization that uses third party users.

Yup. It's the "establishment" POV. lol

I think it will take some time though. They have to be enough submissions to get an adequate representation. The establishment POV of USMB would have been much better, say, three or four years ago.

Also, they have to get the right people to submit an editorial is the problem to. I don't think they are going to just take an editorial by some one who has just been here for a week. Maybe I'm wrong.
You're pretty much right. As has always been the case...the op eds will reflect the limited creativity of the ones in charge. Don't get your hopes too high lol.....national review it is not. Or enquirer, for that matter :)

I still don't get it? Is the USMB intentionally insulting all the posters who put a lot of work into their opinions in favor of "official" op-eds? Isn't the rubber room good enough?

Forum List

Back