USMB Lounge is open!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make a whole new forum with subforums.

The Mall.

Inside the mall are taverns, coffee shops, gif shops, courtside stoops, salons. Members go from shop to shop. All neg free. Fight free. The rest of the board can be the back alley.

We don't need to do anything but restrict certain people who can't respect the good hearted nature of a thread. In the past, a few were thread banned or warned that their behavior wasn't welcome, but a few are allowed to turn what was intended to be good natured fun into a flame thread.
Mods, especially Connery have repeatedly cleaned out the smegma and moved it to a new thread. Why couldn't that happen in The Tavern?
Difficult and time consuming? I guess, but the tools are available to keep a thread like The Tavern humming along in the spirit that Syrenn intended when she started it.
What it seems to boil down to is some people get their asses kissed and some get theirs kicked.

Damn straight.

What the ever-loving fuck. I have no idea what you're going on about. A PM was sent, and obviously I can't discuss that. I did not address the issue further, and I left the tavern.

Know why? Because Every. Damn. Time ANYBODY tries to address the issue of KG shitting in the Tavern, you do EXACTLY what you did above. We are all just as mich to blame as she is. So no. I didn't address it with you, or mods, or admin. I left.

And you? You took your own two little hands, and blew up the Tavern. Don't you DARE try to load the blame on me. I'm way past here and done with carrying other people's shit.

i will DARE...thank you very much.

I did not blow it up....it blew up while i was gone. I asked for it to be closed. It is NOT a flame thread and i do not want it assumed to be such.

If social threads are going to have protection then ALL social threads should be protected... not just the favored few.

Then move it to the lounge. There. Problem solved. I think you are making every effort to cut off your nose to spite your face.

Tavern allows for MILD flaming as stipulated in the OP. Doesn't fit within the Lounge guidelines.

And no it will not be moved

really.... ya think?

What the ever-loving fuck. I have no idea what you're going on about. A PM was sent, and obviously I can't discuss that. I did not address the issue further, and I left the tavern.

Know why? Because Every. Damn. Time ANYBODY tries to address the issue of KG shitting in the Tavern, you do EXACTLY what you did above. We are all just as mich to blame as she is. So no. I didn't address it with you, or mods, or admin. I left.

And you? You took your own two little hands, and blew up the Tavern. Don't you DARE try to load the blame on me. I'm way past here and done with carrying other people's shit.

I did not blow it up....it blew up while i was gone. I asked for it to be closed. It is NOT a flame thread and i do not want it assumed to be such.

If social threads are going to have protection then ALL social threads should be protected... not just the favored few.

No, you didn't blow it up. While you were gone, a mob moved in and essentially took over the place. Stat, mertex, jake (for god's sake) and eventually boop, telling people what was allowed in the Tavern, what wasn't, vying for the *crown*, and in general acting like douches. I mentioned it to you when I asked you if you had left mertex and stat (I think it was stat) in charge....then you left again, and it was the same thing all over.
At the same time stat and Luissa were shitting in the repository thread....

I finally had it and told them to quit telling everybody else what to post. They are all relative noobs, well except for boop, who recently *returned* (coincidence? Ya think?). While they were in there lording it over everybody everybody else would essentially quit posting...so it became the boop/mertex/stat/starkey show. Lovely.

They somehow got it into their heads that while they are allowed (all of them) to tell me what I may and may not post, I'm not allowed to *talk back*...and that's them in a nutshell.

Their stupid stoop started out in post #2 with a flame, and it was aimed at me, and stat even clarified it when he asked if the voodoo doll was *kosher* (haha how witty). Then said that was entirely coincidental...including the stick-poking smiley that went with it, I'm sure.

Anyway. They're trolls. They ruined the forum before, and they're doing it again.

The Mall.

Inside the mall are taverns, coffee shops, gif shops, courtside stoops, salons. Members go from shop to shop. All neg free. Fight free. The rest of the board can be the back alley.

We don't need to do anything but restrict certain people who can't respect the good hearted nature of a thread. In the past, a few were thread banned or warned that their behavior wasn't welcome, but a few are allowed to turn what was intended to be good natured fun into a flame thread.
Mods, especially Connery have repeatedly cleaned out the smegma and moved it to a new thread. Why couldn't that happen in The Tavern?
Difficult and time consuming? I guess, but the tools are available to keep a thread like The Tavern humming along in the spirit that Syrenn intended when she started it.
What it seems to boil down to is some people get their asses kissed and some get theirs kicked.

Ok. Then maybe those who start such large threads for comraderie could be made mods of their own thread. I KNOW this can be done because I did it myself when I had my board so long ago. They have no powers at all except for THEIR thread designated as a "rest easy" place for members who choose to participate. The mods of all the board and the admin have the powers as well, but they leave the moderating to the owner of THAT THREAD...with certain powers for that thread only. Like deleting a post or removing a member not following their rules.

The admin and mods at USMB have enough to do. Maybe they can ease some of their duties to make Syrenn a mod of TT, Foxfyre a mod of CS. Problem solved.

That could work, but I doubt that Sy or Foxy would want to be mods.
I know that The Coffee Shop has always had some unofficial, behind the scenes staff support. For the life of me, I don't understand why the Tavern wasn't accorded the same favored status.

The Mall.

Ok. Then maybe those who start such large threads for comraderie could be made mods of their own thread. I KNOW this can be done because I did it myself when I had my board so long ago. They have no powers at all except for THEIR thread designated as a "rest easy" place for members who choose to participate. The mods of all the board and the admin have the powers as well, but they leave the moderating to the owner of THAT THREAD...with certain powers for that thread only. Like deleting a post or removing a member not following their rules.

The admin and mods at USMB have enough to do. Maybe they can ease some of their duties to make Syrenn a mod of TT, Foxfyre a mod of CS. Problem solved.

That makes all kinds of sense. If it can't be protected under social thread, and if it must for some reason remain where it is? Then it would be nice to see the founder able to mold it to her wishes.

What a crock. You blamed ME, KG, for wanting to put Barbie shoes on a cyber voodoo doll. I MYSELF didn't say squat about kosher and even if I did see it said, which I didn't until YOU had a hissy about it, I would have never connected the word kosher to YOU. Paranoia much?
You like to sit and twist words to suit your own agendas. How many times have you taken from TT things said and snarl about it on the rest of the board? Even the most innocent things.

If anyone brings this place down, it is ONE PERSON. Guess who! YOU. You pollute any thread you go in because everyone knows what is going to come slithering out of your foul mouth. You are not friendly to newbs, you are not friendly to anyone. All you do is cause angst and you LOVE it, don't you?
So STFU with the innocent act. Find the core problem of all that has transpired and it comes down to ONE PERSON. You.
Looks like people finally got fed up with your shit.

No, you didn't blow it up. While you were gone, a mob moved in and essentially took over the place. Stat, mertex, jake (for god's sake) and eventually boop, telling people what was allowed in the Tavern, what wasn't, vying for the *crown*, and in general acting like douches. I mentioned it to you when I asked you if you had left mertex and stat (I think it was stat) in charge....then you left again, and it was the same thing all over.
At the same time stat and Luissa were shitting in the repository thread....

I finally had it and told them to quit telling everybody else what to post. They are all relative noobs, well except for boop, who recently *returned* (coincidence? Ya think?). While they were in there lording it over everybody everybody else would essentially quit posting...so it became the boop/mertex/stat/starkey show. Lovely.

They somehow got it into their heads that while they are allowed (all of them) to tell me what I may and may not post, I'm not allowed to *talk back*...and that's them in a nutshell.

Their stupid stoop started out in post #2 with a flame, and it was aimed at me, and stat even clarified it when he asked if the voodoo doll was *kosher* (haha how witty). Then said that was entirely coincidental...including the stick-poking smiley that went with it, I'm sure.

Anyway. They're trolls. They ruined the forum before, and they're doing it again.

and if they were telling you that continued flaming was not tolerated... THEY were right!!! god fxxxxxg damn it...

You know it... they know it.... and you are ALL guilty of the same things you are pointing fingers at each other for!

no one is "in charge" .... you are ALL fxxxxxg adults and can behave like adults.

what part of SHUT IT did you all not understand????

Last edited:
KG can just stop whining any time now. She won! I posted in the FZ that she got what she wanted, I left. She posted "Awesome!"

So I'm gone, others are gone, the Tavern can now return to 'normal.'

You're welcome.

Then move it to the lounge. There. Problem solved. I think you are making every effort to cut off your nose to spite your face.

Tavern allows for MILD flaming as stipulated in the OP. Doesn't fit within the Lounge guidelines.

really.... ya think?
Syrenn what are you mad at? Negging and flaming (mild, medium or spicy) is not allowed in the lounge. I'd be more than happy to reopen it for you and we'll still moderate it (if need be) so that the flaming isn't out of control.

It's been up since 2012 so we're not going to abandon it and let chaos ensue. Open it back up. Just give me the OK and I'll do it, but hurry I'm going to bed soon.....like in 5 minutes

Or closer to home. You okay with KG negging in the Tavern? Several of us were not, and voted with our feet.

I posted 3 negs that day. 2 for shitty posts in response to Templar's nice post wishing you well, boop, and one for an asshole who thanked those posts.

You deserved it, and there is no rule against negging in the tavern. I didn't break the rules. Yeah, what, two of you voted with your feet. And you didn't even do that, as you were still posting right up until it closed.

Troll.

That makes all kinds of sense. If it can't be protected under social thread, and if it must for some reason remain where it is? Then it would be nice to see the founder able to mold it to her wishes.

I had 4 admins. No mods. And we had our work cut out for us, too. It was a pain in the ass. I feel for CK, Intense, Connery, Coyote, AngelsandDemons, Westwall, Alan. This is a HUGE board. HUGE. So yeah...it makes sense to let those who have proven they can handle their own thread by keeping it clean and making them mods of it. Let THEM deal with it. Frees up the others.

When I did it, it was for 3 people with 3 of their own threads. One was completely private and she let me know who she wanted in there. That was MY job. HER job was to keep it clean in there. She had the power to delete threads and ban a member IN THAT THREAD ONLY.

I don't see why FF and Syrenn would not want to take charge of their own creation. Why not ask them? And see if CK is willing to go that route. Both FF and Syrenn ARE long time members and both are trusted. So give them some leeway and let them deal with their own thread.

Just sayin'. And if it isn't feasible for the owner of this board to do that..then ....I dunno. The place will either blow up or eventually smooth out again. But it sure is a shame that all those people in TT lost their resting place.

really.... ya think?
Syrenn what are you mad at? Negging and flaming (mild, medium or spicy) is not allowed in the lounge. I'd be more than happy to reopen it for you and we'll still moderate it (if need be) so that the flaming isn't out of control.

It's been up since 2012 so we're not going to abandon it and let chaos ensue. Open it back up. Just give me the OK and I'll do it, but hurry I'm going to bed soon.....like in 5 minutes

Tolja he didn't just throw it in the trash. Been in his shoes. Shit happens. People calm down after awhile. He has it stored. TOLJA!!!
Syrenn..I know you are probably still angry, but think of all the members of TT. Give them back what you lovingly built and they helped make it what it is. If you think I am one of the problems of TT, no worries. I left and will not go back but I DO wish you and TT well. Truly.

Ladies and gents let's wrap this up. The Tavern is in Syrenn's hands and we'll re-open if she gives us the word. It will still be moderated due to it's history and popularity.

In the meantime please do enjoy the new forum section. Have a good night folks......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back