USMB locks up

MaggieMae

Reality bits
Apr 3, 2009
Every day, the USMB locks up on me between 12-1PM. It's attempting to "load" whatever I've clicked on--even trying to log off the board and get back on thinking that might fix it. What's up with this? And why only this time of day? This specific problem has only been happening since I started using Firefox as my server.

Every day, the USMB locks up on me between 12-1PM. It's attempting to "load" whatever I've clicked on--even trying to log off the board and get back on thinking that might fix it. What's up with this? And why only this time of day? This specific problem has only been happening since I started using Firefox as my server.

Spies-----that's all I'm allowed to say at this time

They have declared war. They're tired of this board stealing all their members.

That's the time of the day that the White House "spies" copy everything said on the board and begins to sit around and read about who loves Obama and who hates Obama. Those that love Obama get nice things in the mail - such as checks from the IRS and a note saying that your taxes have been overpaid for the last 17 years. Those that hate Obama eventually will get an IRS audit, heavy fines and penalities, Passports revoked, and frequent calls concerning your possible involvement in underworld activities. So, it's time to start being real careful about what you say on the board.

That's the time of the day that the White House "spies" copy everything said on the board and begins to sit around and read about who loves Obama and who hates Obama. Those that love Obama get nice things in the mail - such as checks from the IRS and a note saying that your taxes have been overpaid for the last 17 years. Those that hate Obama eventually will get an IRS audit, heavy fines and penalities, Passports revoked, and frequent calls concerning your possible involvement in underworld activities. So, it's time to start being real careful about what you say on the board.
Shit, I've been getting the latter in the mail ever since Bush got reelected.

Maintenance.

Can't that be done when the board is least active? And how about a warning: BETWEEN THE HOURS OF THIS AND THAT, THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR 15 MINUTES FOR MAINTENANCE, or something similar.

It's gets frustrating more so because of all the problems USMB had a few weeks ago with intruders fucking up everyone's computer. So when something goes kaflooey now, my hair stands on end.

It happens every night at 11:23 to 11:32 PST, which is why I think USMB is Right coast biased.

Maintenance.

Can't that be done when the board is least active? And how about a warning: BETWEEN THE HOURS OF THIS AND THAT, THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR 15 MINUTES FOR MAINTENANCE, or something similar.

It's gets frustrating more so because of all the problems USMB had a few weeks ago with intruders fucking up everyone's computer. So when something goes kaflooey now, my hair stands on end.

I'm just assuming it's maintenance, since when things like servers get backed up, it slows things down for a few mins.

That said, how's about it just happens when it happens, and we just deal with it? Some people have their asses glued to their chairs and their nose stuck to the screen 24/7, so there IS no "least busy" time to them.

It happened at 2am, RGS bitched. It happens at noon, and you bitch. If it happens at 3pm, someone else will bitch.

Noon is lunch time. Go have a sandwich, then come back. :eusa_whistle:

Does the same between 12-1AM.

It could be either your browser updating or the board server. I never considered it could be Firefox. Always thought it was the server.

The tech gets no love.:lol:

Maintenance.

Geez .... do you scratch out eyes to go with all that hissing?:lol:

It could be either your browser updating or the board server. I never considered it could be Firefox. Always thought it was the server.

It did not happen to me until I started using firefox as well. I think they update often :lol:

It did not happen to me until I started using firefox as well. I think they update often :lol:

Next time it happens, switch over to IE and see it's the browser. I'm rarely on when it happens so you might want a Snickers if you're going to be awhile waiting on me.:lol:

Next time it happens, switch over to IE and see it's the browser. I'm rarely on when it happens so you might want a Snickers if you're going to be awhile waiting on me.:lol:

I usually switch when it happens, I love snickers, I don't suspect that is was a USMB problem. Just that it may be a bit busy

I usually switch when it happens, I love snickers, I don't suspect that is was a USMB problem. Just that it may be a bit busy

At least he offered something that really satisfies. :D

At least he offered something that really satisfies. :D

:lol: Isn't that the norm though?

Forum List

Back