USMB is STILL a Discussion Forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
We can't score members on effort.. We can't insist that they take serious issues seriously.. We're not judging the flaming that comes with adult discussion.. But we've always insisted that they RESPECT the SPECIFIC topics of every thread outside of the Taunting Forums in EVERY post. And we're gonna continue that unique style of moderation...

The number of "daily outrages" is growing.. The media is less trustworthy than ever.. And REAL discussion boards SHOULD BE at this point -- the more important part of social media.. THIS is where folks are supposed to be sort out the truth and facts.. Not be fed a diet of "alternate facts" or rely on phony fact-checkers..

So -- on the bright side, it's more important than ever to have a rocking place where folks can READ threads and perhaps learn a little more than they heard on the "top of the news"....

But it's getting difficult to CONNECT folks to HAVE discussions.. And we need to work on that. So -- USMB Mod Staff will be focusing on the 1st 2 or 3 pages of EVERY thread to make sure that a solid discussion has at least a CHANCE of germinating and progressing...

To that end, we will be monitoring and massively ejecting folks from threads who just drop in to troll and derail discussions... Might come with warnings or bans, but if you drop in without COMMENTING on a topic, you're gonna be ejected...

Memes are fine if the memes themselves are a comment on the SPECIFIC title and OPost.. But if you're dropping into a thread where you have NO interest in the topic -- find something in the famous Taunting Forums to tag up...

Each side wants their version of what's important to them.. Respect that. And also respect the fact that virtually no one wants to read the same brawling confrontation in EVERY thread... If you want to attack the assertions in an "opposition thread" -- have at it.. DO NOT attack the member in your first posts.. Make the effort to discuss..

That's why we're here. When it get worse --- and it probably will -- we'll STILL BE TRYING to have actual discussions at USMB....

th

I second that!

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

I've long enjoyed this site and the many members who remain unless I am not in the mood for much negativity. So many posters here do have great senses of humor and rw is a fave of mine, with his cute one-liner quips and lack of destructive animosity towards anyone. I'm glad he's here. He offers a little levity in an insane political environment. Others' back-and-forths are entertaining to me as well until I perceive they are becoming unhinged and deliberately antagonistic towards others in the thread. I just move on to the next thread. I am the solution to my own problems. I like and respect all mods and thank them for their service and participation here. :)

We can't score members on effort.. We can't insist that they take serious issues seriously.. We're not judging the flaming that comes with adult discussion.. But we've always insisted that they RESPECT the SPECIFIC topics of every thread outside of the Taunting Forums in EVERY post. And we're gonna continue that unique style of moderation...

The number of "daily outrages" is growing.. The media is less trustworthy than ever.. And REAL discussion boards SHOULD BE at this point -- the more important part of social media.. THIS is where folks are supposed to be sort out the truth and facts.. Not be fed a diet of "alternate facts" or rely on phony fact-checkers..

So -- on the bright side, it's more important than ever to have a rocking place where folks can READ threads and perhaps learn a little more than they heard on the "top of the news"....

But it's getting difficult to CONNECT folks to HAVE discussions.. And we need to work on that. So -- USMB Mod Staff will be focusing on the 1st 2 or 3 pages of EVERY thread to make sure that a solid discussion has at least a CHANCE of germinating and progressing...

To that end, we will be monitoring and massively ejecting folks from threads who just drop in to troll and derail discussions... Might come with warnings or bans, but if you drop in without COMMENTING on a topic, you're gonna be ejected...

Memes are fine if the memes themselves are a comment on the SPECIFIC title and OPost.. But if you're dropping into a thread where you have NO interest in the topic -- find something in the famous Taunting Forums to tag up...

Each side wants their version of what's important to them.. Respect that. And also respect the fact that virtually no one wants to read the same brawling confrontation in EVERY thread... If you want to attack the assertions in an "opposition thread" -- have at it.. DO NOT attack the member in your first posts.. Make the effort to discuss..

That's why we're here. When it get worse --- and it probably will -- we'll STILL BE TRYING to have actual discussions at USMB....

What about wise cracks....are 99% of my posts still permissible discussion?

When did you guys decide to do this?

Wise crackers are big rating grabbers for threads..:113:. But the humor has to be in service of title and the topic.. I'm sure you've seen political comics... They do a fine job of making serious topics and issues "entertaining"..

Just make sure you have some "specific topical content" in that post...

When did you guys decide to do this?

Sounds like a Congressional "inquisition".. LOL... Yesterday in fact. When we ran out of free X-anax in the Mod Lounge...

Wise crackers are big rating grabbers for threads..:113:. But the humor has to be in service of title and the topic.. I'm sure you've seen political comics... They do a fine job of making serious topics and issues "entertaining"..

Just make sure you have some "specific topical content" in that post...

You were supposed to say no so I would have a reason to actually have a life :disbelief:

th

I second that!

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

You're lucky there's a lot of leniency given for what's "on topic".... :abgg2q.jpg:

th

Come now. I was backing you up. I get tired of reading threads where the first thing that happens is posters start flaming each other back a forth with absolutely no input to the topic. Unless I'm in the basement I generally make an attempt to insert something pertaining to the topic...... Now if you're referring to my music selection for my first post in this thread it was not a put down on the moderation. The machine has to start somewhere otherwise we go no where and this place would be no better than the...

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Last edited:
You mods take all the fun out of everything. :sleep:

Dunno.. It's a party everyday in the Mod Room as long as the vending machines are full.. And the Flame Zone is a lot of fun in a weird twisted way...

So just what are you suggesting???? That I should spend more time in the basement cause I'm weird & twisted???????? Or that you already spend too much time down there????

btw.......you guys have vending machines??? I feel cheated I tell ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back