USMB Is Reviewing The Current Reputation Breakdown. We Are Open For Input Here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already been given advice on how to deal with the rep system. If someone negs you, neg them back and after a while they will stop.

If that's how the system works, what is it good for? it's a tit for tat hair pulling session that no one wins. The weak hand at the table is the noob who might only have 1000 points going up against someone who has 25k. They learn REAL QUICK to just shut up and move along because a few long term bullies who have racked up enough points can drive them into the red.

And they let the poor sap know it every chance they get.

Here's a question, why aren't rep histories public? I'm guessing it's because the site believes that is private member/site info that is nobodies business. If that's the case why are people allowed to come onto threads and cackle "negged you asshole, nyah, nyah, nyah!". Isn't that revealing personal site info of a member?

Post nontroll content asswipe.

I've already been given advice on how to deal with the rep system. If someone negs you, neg them back and after a while they will stop.

If that's how the system works, what is it good for? it's a tit for tat hair pulling session that no one wins. The weak hand at the table is the noob who might only have 1000 points going up against someone who has 25k. They learn REAL QUICK to just shut up and move along because a few long term bullies who have racked up enough points can drive them into the red.

Here's a question, why aren't rep histories public? I'm guessing it's because the site believes that is private member/site info that is nobodies business. If that's the case why are people allowed to come onto threads and cackle "negged you asshole, nyah, nyah, nyah!". Isn't that revealing personal site info of a member?

You opted out of the rep system because you couldn't handle it. That's how you dealt with it.

I agree with all reps being made public. Those are hilarious.

I opted out of it because it's bullshit, useless and a baton with which non mods can act like shitty mods and intimidate other members, especially the noobs.

Last edited:

You opted out of the rep system because you couldn't handle it. That's how you dealt with it.

I opted out of it because it's bullshit, useless and a baton with which non mods can act like mods and intimidate other members, especially the noobs.

You quit and you're offering advice how to deal with it.

:lol:

Hilarious.

I opted out of it because it's bullshit, useless and a baton with which non mods can act like mods and intimidate other members, especially the noobs.

Hilarious.

I never played. I had 20 reps, 11 neg (I make friends quickly) and 9 pos and only 1 of my own when I was testing the system.

I opted out when the chicken shit bully brigade started threatening to put me "in the red" (didn't even know what that meant, I had to ask someone).

When I took the only shit eating arrow out of their quiver the whining and knashing of teeth was heard far and wide...and continues to this day. My goodness, such a fuss. Hehe.
Oh BTW, I actually got negged by someone for posting "the only way to win is not to play"...heheh. That told me all I needed to know about this system and the pussies who exploit it.

Last edited:

Hilarious.

I never played. I had 20 reps, 11 neg (I make friends quickly) and 9 pos and only 1 of my own when I was testing the system.

I opted out when the chicken shit bully brigade started threatening to put me "in the red" (didn't even know what that meant, I had to ask someone).

Oh BTW, I actually got negged by someone for posting "the only way to win is not to play"...heheh. That told me all I needed to know about this system.

You have a very fragile ego.

You probably won't last long here.

Hilarious.

Oh BTW, I actually got negged by someone for posting "the only way to win is not to play"...heheh. That told me all I needed to know about this system.

You have a very fragile ego.

You probably won't last long here.

Heheh...if I don't last long it's because XXXX , not because I was run off by a bunch of grade school hair pulling bullies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Really? You never met a real old time poster who couldn't care less about "rep" if he tried. People who value rep on anonymous internet message boards need a real life

Free adice: ignore rep and it won't matter....and it becomes fun just negging people for the heck of it

Hilarious.

When I took the only shit eating arrow out of their quiver the whining and knashing of teeth was heard far and wide...and continues to this day. My goodness, such a fuss. Hehe.
Oh BTW, I actually got negged by someone for posting "the only way to win is not to play"...heheh. That told me all I needed to know about this system and the pussies who exploit it.

Your experience is common for new members who choose not to join the right wing circle jerk. If you join, your rep will shoot through the roof. Every time you post "Liberals are Stoopid" rep will be heaped upon you

If a noob comes in posting liberal views the wolf pack will swarm trying to put you in the red and keep you there. They will neg you more if you complain. They will pile on more neg if you neg back. Opting out is the best option for a new liberal poster. They will taunt you for being a coward, but it drives them nuts when the bullies can't neg

This is what the board is today

Hilarious.

Your experience is common for new members who choose not to join the right wing circle jerk. If you join, your rep will shoot through the roof. Every time you post "Liberals are Stoopid" rep will be heaped upon you

If a noob comes in posting liberal views the wolf pack will swarm trying to put you in the red and keep you there. They will neg you more if you complain. They will pile on more neg if you neg back. Opting out is the best option for a new liberal poster. They will taunt you for being a coward, but it drives them nuts when the bullies can't neg

Since I wasn't invited into the right wing circle I cannot comment. As far as the "wolf pack" is concerned there were a sum total of 4 "bullies" who attempted to pick on me as a "newbie". None of them achieved much probably because I didn't play their silly games. The "traps" were transparent and the responses predictable. I tried to set my own tone instead and found what I was looking for. After that they pretty much ignored me. But that was my personal experience. I can see how it could easily be different for others.

Rather than "opting out" there could be a "grace period" for all new posters of 3 months to give them time to learn the ropes before they can join the rep system. This means that any neg or pos rep doesn't apply durring their "running in" phase. Instead they will simply get messages that they have been neg or pos repped and by whom.

Not our fault liberals attract idiots who get their feelings hurt easily. Then there are others who constantly lie their ass off like you.

Since I wasn't invited into the right wing circle I cannot comment. As far as the "wolf pack" is concerned there were a sum total of 4 "bullies" who attempted to pick on me as a "newbie". None of them achieved much probably because I didn't play their silly games. The "traps" were transparent and the responses predictable. I tried to set my own tone instead and found what I was looking for. After that they pretty much ignored me. But that was my personal experience. I can see how it could easily be different for others.

Rather than "opting out" there could be a "grace period" for all new posters of 3 months to give them time to learn the ropes before they can join the rep system. This means that any neg or pos rep doesn't apply durring their "running in" phase. Instead they will simply get messages that they have been neg or pos repped and by whom.

The balance between Left and Right heavy hitters changes from time to time. It's all cycles. Bottom line, what comes around, goes around. You treat other people right, the rest becomes insignificant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back