USMB Iowa Caucus: You Make The Call

USMB Iowa Caucus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well it's a win for Ron Paul according to our own USMB Iowa Caucus results. WTG Doc! Thanks all for participating.

Way to ignore REAL results. Paul is losing to Santorum. They stated earlier that Paul isn't getting gop votes but rather only independents and moderates.

I've said it all along but no one listened.

PAUL CAN'T WIN THE NOMINATION

Everytime you say that, I see your avi with the monkey jacking off and it just seems to fit somehow. Most of us have never disputed you. Republicans will never vote for real limited government or freedom. They HATE that shit!

Well it's a win for Ron Paul according to our own USMB Iowa Caucus results. WTG Doc! Thanks all for participating.

Way to ignore REAL results. Paul is losing to Santorum. They stated earlier that Paul isn't getting gop votes but rather only independents and moderates.

he meant the USMB poll... not the Iowa caucus.

I took the poll to mean "who we thought would win Iowa" not who we wanted to win. That's why I voted Santorum. None the less the Paulbots will never give up. Even when he bows out.

Paul can't win the nomination.

Romney can probably win if everyone stays in and splits the anti-Romney vote...because no one wants him except the most moderate Republicans and the Republican Establishment.

Santorum may pull off a win in Iowa...but if he does the attack ads will tear him down by Wednesday afternoon.

Newt has a shot, Perry too. Santorum...maybe. Huntsman and Bachmann should call it quits...Huntsman is a RINO and Bachmann has made too many missteps...when she feels it necessary to remind every interviewer that she is a "serious candidate"...it only serves to reinforced that she isn't.

Last edited:
Paul can't win the nomination.

Romney can probably win if everyone stays in and splits the anti-Romney vote...because no one wants him except the most moderate Republicans and the Republican Establishment.

Santorum may pull off a win in Iowa...but if he does the attack ads will tear him down by Wednesday afternoon.

Newt has a shot, Perry too. Santorum...maybe. Huntsman and Bachmann should call it quits...Huntsman is a RINO and Bachmann has made too many missteps...when she feels it necessary to remind every interviewer that she is a "serious candidate"...it only serves to reinforced that she isn't.

I predict Perry is done. Look for him to bow out within the next few days.

The 2012 Iowa Caucus is now upon us. So let's see what USMB posters think.

I said, in some thread, that I thought although I would personally like to see Newt take it, it would probably go to Santorum or Bachmann. I based that upon the fact that Huckabee took it in `08 and Iowans are conservative voters with backgrounds of faith and family.

As of this post Romney is barely ahead, of Santorum, who was barely ahead of Romney. I don't care really who takes it as long as it isn't Paul. I heard Newt say the other day that Santorum is an expert on Iran. But could Santorum beat the incumbent. :eusa_shifty:

Ron Paul projected as third place. Wonderful job by our favorite Libertarian

At 2:35 a.m. they just announced that Romeny beat Santorum by 8 votes out of 130,255 votes cast. Each earned 25% of the vote; Paul was third at 22%; Gingrich 4th at 13%; Perry 5th at 10%; Bachmann 5%; Huntsman less than 1%.

I really thought Perry would do some better than that. Now we'll see whether he drops out. I think due to some good endorsements, he'll continue at least through New Hampshire.

Paul wins another Internet poll and folds once people start pulling the lever

Paul wins another Internet poll and folds once people start pulling the lever
< 4000 votes separate first and third out of 120000 cast. It's hardly folding.

By the end of NH next week, Perry and Bachman and Huntsman are gone.

By the end of SC the week after, the fight will continue with Romney, Gingrich, and Santorum. Paul will be running but will be a non-entity.

After FL, the week after, Romney will be way in front and Gingrich will be just holding on.

Romney will grind out a win, and the far right wing has to decide whether to derail the party with a third-candidate attempt.

I said, in some thread, that I thought although I would personally like to see Newt take it, it would probably go to Santorum or Bachmann. I based that upon the fact that Huckabee took it in `08 and Iowans are conservative voters with backgrounds of faith and family.

As of this post Romney is barely ahead, of Santorum, who was barely ahead of Romney. I don't care really who takes it as long as it isn't Paul. I heard Newt say the other day that Santorum is an expert on Iran. But could Santorum beat the incumbent. :eusa_shifty:

Despite the fact that Romney edged him out by a few votes, I think Santorum was the absolute winner of the Iowa Caucus. Nobody expected him to do that well. However, due to his low poll numbers, he has been below the radar of attention and direct attacks up until now too. So we'll now see whether he can hold up against that kind of media onslaught when his opponents and their supporters target him to take down.

One thing I observed last night are the fantastically beautiful families of both Romney and Santorum, each husband of one wife and father to all their kids). Both gave good closing speeches late last night (or early this morning actually), but the one who struck the most genuine chord with me was actually Santorum and I have NOT been a Santorum fan at least up until now.

Bachmann pulled out this morning. Perry has cancelled his east coast appointments and returned home to Texas to 'evaluate' and I think most expect him to go ahead and suspend his campaign too. I look for Huntsman to throw in the towel unless he can pull a good number of votes in New Hampshire--he received fewer than a thousand in Iowa. No indication that Gingrich and Paul intend to give up yet though, but I think New Hampshire and South Carolina will determine Gingrich's fate at least.

Despite the fact that Romney edged him out by a few votes, I think Santorum was the absolute winner of the Iowa Caucus. Nobody expected him to do that well. However, due to his low poll numbers, he has been below the radar of attention and direct attacks up until now too. So we'll now see whether he can hold up against that kind of media onslaught when his opponents and their supporters target him to take down.

One thing I observed last night are the fantastically beautiful families of both Romney and Santorum, each husband of one wife and father to all their kids). Both gave good closing speeches late last night (or early this morning actually), but the one who struck the most genuine chord with me was actually Santorum and I have NOT been a Santorum fan at least up until now.

Bachmann pulled out this morning. Perry has cancelled his east coast appointments and returned home to Texas to 'evaluate' and I think most expect him to go ahead and suspend his campaign too. I look for Huntsman to throw in the towel unless he can pull a good number of votes in New Hampshire--he received fewer than a thousand in Iowa. No indication that Gingrich and Paul intend to give up yet though, but I think New Hampshire and South Carolina will determine Gingrich's fate at least.

From what I hear, Perry will still be fighting for South Carolina.

From what I hear, Perry will still be fighting for South Carolina.

The last report I heard though is that he has cancelled speaking engagements, etc. Of course media reports have been known to get it wrong. :)

Perry, odds on in Texas among those who know, is that he is wobbling, knowing he is going to get hammered in NH. His wife wants him to stick it out. He is catching on that being governor of Texas is double A ball compared to the big leagues of national elections.

I personally think he will stay in Texas, but the weekend will tell.

Looks like Dr. Paul is running away with things here at USMB.

Proving once again that Paul's support is limited to internet chat boards and not much else.

He does have a decent following, hence garnering 13% of the vote in Iowa, but he simply cannot gain the trust of the mainstream who like some of his agenda, but adament reject significant parts of it. When he excuses al-Qaida as having justification for 9/11 and assumes the Iranians want nuclear weapons only for self defense, he takes himself out of the electability column.

His supporters are well trained and mobilized to give the impression that he is mainstream in polls like on this thread and elsewhere on the internet though. But in a truly scientific poll, his supporters have been able to 'stuff the ballot box' on a few, but he much more often comes in at about that 13% or less everywhere.

Looks like Dr. Paul is running away with things here at USMB.

Proving once again that Paul's support is limited to internet chat boards and not much else.

He does have a decent following, hence garnering 13% of the vote in Iowa, but he simply cannot gain the trust of the mainstream who like some of his agenda, but adament reject significant parts of it. When he excuses al-Qaida as having justification for 9/11 and assumes the Iranians want nuclear weapons only for self defense, he takes himself out of the electability column.

His supporters are well trained and mobilized to give the impression that he is mainstream in polls like on this thread and elsewhere on the internet though. But in a truly scientific poll, his supporters have been able to 'stuff the ballot box' on a few, but he much more often comes in at about that 13% or less everywhere.

Just so.

Forum List

Back