USMB Iowa Caucus: You Make The Call

USMB Iowa Caucus

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am not a Registered Republican Iowa resident, so I am not allowed to vote.

Many states allow democrats to vote in the republican primary...

That's one of the reasons Ron Paul will win the nomination..

Ron Paul appeals to a wide range of voters, weather they be republican, democrat or libertarian...

There are a lot of democrats who support the guy and would take Paul over Obama any day.

Ron Paul has done extremely well among republicans in the polls however the polls don't account for disgruntled democrats and the silent voters. Not to mention he is extremely popular amongst young voters..

Naturally, I'd vote for Paul, but a friend of mine, on another board has an interesting theory.

There are basically three 'voting blocks' left. Romney, Paul and anybody but Romney or Paul. Since Romney and Paul look to be plateaued at somewhere around 25-30% each, that puts something like 40-50% in the 'anybody but' camp. If they can agree to get behind one candidate, which would most likely be Santorum, he could take the day.

Which would be hilarious actually. We'd have half the nation 'googling santorum'. A veritable Santorum shower across the land!

Romney will win as Iowa voters show they are not the nut jobs the media has portrayed them to be

Paul will come in second and Santorum third as the nut jobs show they are still alive and kicking in Iowa

Meanwhile, Michele Bachmann will claim it is really a victory for her

Last edited:
You are better off not watching the news networks including Fox. It's nothing but fillers and goofy interviews today while they wait for the results.

No kidding--the media-including FOX--has hyped this one up to 85,000 feet---:badgrin:

It's nothing but a bunch of crock anyway--since the Hawkeye--Cauceye hasn't picked the GOP nominee since 1979! Now I know why 2 GOP candidates in 2008 completely avoided this state.

Romney will win as Iowa voters show they are not the nut jobs the media has portrayed them to be

Paul will come in second and Santorum third as the nut jobs show they are still alive and kicking in Iowa

Nice GUESS--but the media is in an all out frenzy- and projecting winners already--and I imagine just judging from what Iowa has done in the past--we are going to get a REAL SURPRISE out of Iowa.

Naturally, I'd vote for Paul, but a friend of mine, on another board has an interesting theory.

There are basically three 'voting blocks' left. Romney, Paul and anybody but Romney or Paul. Since Romney and Paul look to be plateaued at somewhere around 25-30% each, that puts something like 40-50% in the 'anybody but' camp. If they can agree to get behind one candidate, which would most likely be Santorum, he could take the day.

Which would be hilarious actually. We'd have half the nation 'googling santorum'. A veritable Santorum shower across the land!

I have thought about that, however that is highly unlikely..

I don't believe most democrats are smart enough to strategically vote in states where they can vote, especially considering the majority that are smart enough to nominate the weakest candidate to face Obama would probably want to see Ron Paul as president rather than Obama anyway.

I have Paul wining the nomination and then beating Obama by more than 10 points.

Ron Paul just has too much going for him to lose..

You are better off not watching the news networks including Fox. It's nothing but fillers and goofy interviews today while they wait for the results.

No kidding--the media-including FOX--has hyped this one up to 85,000 feet---:badgrin:

It's nothing but a bunch of crock anyway--since the Hawkeye--Cauceye hasn't picked the GOP nominee since 1979! Now I know why 2 GOP candidates in 2008 completely avoided this state.

I find watching any cable news will fry your brain.

However, I do love Judicial Watch on Fox Business Channel with Judge Napolitano.

I listen to political radio. I'm a fan of Michael Savage and Andrew Wilkow...

I watch C-SPAN...

Honestly, I would rather read my news or opinions rather than watching or listening..

I don't believe most democrats are smart enough to strategically vote in states where they can vote, especially considering the majority that are smart enough to nominate the weakest candidate to face Obama would probably want to see Ron Paul as president rather than Obama anyway.

I have Paul wining the nomination and then beating Obama by more than 10 points.

Ron Paul just has too much going for him to lose

:lol: ... and you said Democrats weren't smart?!?!

Does anyone know if Iowa is winner take all or proportional?

Furthermore--I heard from one of the talking heads say--that the Iowa caucas is not even binding. What in the heck does that mean--anyone know? I assume that means that Iowa's delegates can change their mind down the road in this primary.

The votes cast by Iowans in the caucus today do not result in any points for any candidate at the convention. It is basically an opinion poll.

After the voters vote for candidates, they then hold a second vote (which no one in the media pays attention to) to vote for delegates who will go to the GOP convention being held in Tampa, FL this year. These delegates are not obligated to vote for any particular candidate at the convention. The caucus results do not bind them in any way.

But delegates are elected based on who people believe they will vote for at the convention. Many Iowans don't even hang around for the second vote for delegates.

Iowa gets 28 delegates. There are over 2200 total delegates at the convention.

Last edited:
Given that Paul supporters are well organized to stuff the 'ballot box' on internet polls coupled with the fact that telephone polls almost NEVER have Paul in the lead, I don't expect Paul to win the Iowa caucus. He will probably make a decent showing.

I don't expect Newt to win either but I also expect him to make a decent showing.

My money right now is on Romney or Perry to win. I know Perry isn't polling all that strongly, but he has such an impressive organization and ground game I think he'll do better than it might appear.

And while Paul is at the very end of my choices to be the GOP nominee, even including him I say that ANY of the GOP hopefuls will perform head and shoulders over the current occupant in the White House.

Last edited:
Who cares?

The Iowa Cocksuck doesn't mean jack.

There is a lot of donor money sitting on the sidelines waiting to pour into the coffers of whichever candidates can demonstrate their viability and electability. Early primaries serve as an indicator of which candidates have the wind at their back.

However, Iowa's weathervane has been broken for some time. Their prestige is diminished when they lift up nutjobs like Ron Paul.

But when it comes to nutjobs these days, Ron Paul is only slightly nuttier than any of the other candidates from either party. Considering how nutty Ron Paul is, that's really saying something.

When you keep choosing between the lesser of two evils, you get successively more and more evil choices.

Many voters nowadays just choose to boycott the process. Like me. I voted straight GOP for over 20 years. But the GOP has been hijacked and so overrun by psychos and serial killers that I can no longer vote in good conscience.

They have to earn my vote. I will no longer give it to them just because the other guy is a bigger maniacal asshole than they are.

I know how i'm voting...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEd7F5wBrqI]"Iowa's Choice: Liberty or Death (Ron Paul 2012 Rap Song)" by Smiley Chris MUST SEE!!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back