USMB Improvement Thread

Here are a few things you could do to generate traffic and develope better content.

1. Bring in the 3 strikes rule= anyone who violates policy 3 times will be banned.

2. take away copy paste privilages as a warning. Oh and take them away for good from RSR.

3. Talk to more companys to put banners on this site, maybe generate a little money to add more content.

4. Its not hard to have a good old debate tournament. Sign up, go face to face with someone on a specific issue. THe winner moves on and faces someone else. The people will vote. The ultimate winner gets to be a mod.

5. I think, adding a fund raiser button on this board would do the most help of all. Visit www.thehungersite.com to see what I mean. All you do is click on that button and companys donate food. Get that button on this board somehow. Or a link to it. It will be the best thing to ever happen to this board, and we would actually be making a difference.

I was thinking.. maybe each user can have a place to put personal favorite quotes.. like a wall of quotes or something where good and bad quotes of other users can be stored and whipped out forlater use? Each quote showing any neg or pos reps.. instead of saving them in large sigs... something to put a little accountability in posting.

Please suggest changes you think would bring USMB to the "next level".

Get creative!

Change the colors! Jimmy used to have some red, white and blue for the board, not intense, a little subdued. It was nice. Along comes Greg and changes the board colors to these homo mauve piss green and flesh garbage. The board colors are HORRIBLE. Change the colors!

Also, along comes Greg and pulls down everyone's "join date." Now what in the HELL ever made him do that, I don't know, and it was done with overwhelming objection from the board. Put back our joined dates. That shows who the REAL old timers here. Most of us took some pride in that.

Last, PLEASE enlarge the avatar size allowed. This 75 X 75 is a joke. It used to be 175 X 175 here. You can get much more creative with that.

Preacher

Change the colors! Jimmy used to have some red, white and blue for the board, not intense, a little subdued. It was nice. Along comes Greg and changes the board colors to these homo mauve piss green and flesh garbage. The board colors are HORRIBLE. Change the colors!

Also, along comes Greg and pulls down everyone's "join date." Now what in the HELL ever made him do that, I don't know, and it was done with overwhelming objection from the board. Put back our joined dates. That shows who the REAL old timers here. Most of us took some pride in that.

Last, PLEASE enlarge the avatar size allowed. This 75 X 75 is a joke. It used to be 175 X 175 here. You can get much more creative with that.

Preacher

As far as colors, this scheme seems a lot more readable than the previous one. We got overwhelmingly positive reviews on it.

I'm trying to figure out how to restore the "join date" element.

As far as colors, this scheme seems a lot more readable than the previous one. We got overwhelmingly positive reviews on it.

I'm trying to figure out how to restore the "join date" element.

Very cool... two otta three ain't bad... :thup:

And now I see the window to change the small sig line underneath your board name is gone... :eusa_think:

It must just be me then... but I can't stand the mauve green. Very icky... like pea soup.

Hmph.. I kinda like it.. There's nothing glaring, or in your face about it.. But, I do like more muted colors.. Mine is silver and gray with a tiny bit of deep red thrown in...

Hmph.. I kinda like it.. There's nothing glaring, or in your face about it.. But, I do like more muted colors.. Mine is silver and gray with a tiny bit of deep red thrown in...

Seems to be the popular concensus. People like the colors. Not the first time I've been odd man out with my opinion... :eusa_think:

Seems to be the popular concensus. People like the colors. Not the first time I've been odd man out with my opinion... :eusa_think:

Actually Pale, you aren't the only one. The baby shit yellow(on my monitor)background is disgusting.....a neutral gray would be much better. And the pinkish brown title blocks are the worst...... it looks like Miami Vice took a crap all over this board.

Forum List

Back