USMB Fund Drive

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
This is a first for the USMB and I hope the last. In order to get new members I must continue to advertise via banners and text links. Some of the scripts I install cost money to purchase. I have quarterly payments to make to my hosting provider. My methods of income have been miserable and I cannot even afford to make my hosting payment, which is due in 17 days. My owned vBulletin license expires in a little over a month. The board can continue, but without purchasing a license extension I can no longer download security or board updates.

I am looking to the community for assistance. I would like to continue making visual changes to the board and upgrades. I don't want any hiccups with my provider. I'm looking into some high profile pages to advertise on that will bring the USMB the best exposure possible.

Again, this is by no means mandatory! I'm asking that if you enjoy this board, and would like to see it flourish in the future, please do what you can to help me keep things going.

You can click on the below link if you would like to help. You can purchase a silver or gold upgrade package, or just make a donation to the board. Everything is automated after you make your choice, and the payment processor is Paypal.

Thank you very much!

-Jim

http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/payments.php

Think about what you get paid at your job for one hour of work. Now, think about the hours you spend here on the board fighting with OCA, dmp, rtwngavngr, and flirting with the ladies of the board. I can easily say the board has brought me one work-hour's worth of pay. Think about donating ONE measly hour of your pay to help keep this board running strong. That's my plan (after payday, of course... :) )

dmp said:
Think about what you get paid at your job for one hour of work. Now, think about the hours you spend here on the board fighting with OCA, dmp, rtwngavngr, and flirting with the ladies of the board. I can easily say the board has brought me one work-hour's worth of pay. Think about donating ONE measly hour of your pay to help keep this board running strong. That's my plan (after payday, of course... :) )
Heck, I don't get to do any of that stuff you listed...what am I doing wrong?

Manu1959 & CSM - thank you very much for your contributions to the board. I've added 'Board Sponsor' beneath both of your usernames. Your generosity is noted, and extremely appreciated!

-Jim

If you have contributed to the board, please send me a PM so that I can make sure it's properly noted. I received a donation this morning but have no idea who it's from as the email & name don't show up as a registered user.

Thanks, Everyone!

Just wanted to give a little update as to what this money helps with. The vB license update is priority, but advertising is critical as well.

I have enlisted a service to hand submit the site to 100 sites that have a ranking of PR7 or PR8.

This will not only obviously help with traffic, but should increase the PR of this site upon Google's next update.

Thank you very much to all of you that have contributed thus far!

Don't want anyone to think that these funds are for anything other than the USMB. Although I can't link yet to all the directories submitted to, I was just able to renew the board license until August of 2007!

Attachments

• $license.jpg
    $license.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 115
  • $jelsoft.jpg
    $jelsoft.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 111
jimnyc said:
Don't want anyone to think that these funds are for anything other than the USMB. Although I can't link yet to all the directories submitted to, I was just able to renew the board license until August of 2007!

Oh good! I thought for sure it was going towards that new rainbow flag tat you were thinking about getting!

Jimmy. I have a second interview for a job on monday. I think its in the bag. After that, I'm planning on going gold.

rtwngAvngr said:
Jimmy. I have a second interview for a job on monday. I think its in the bag. After that, I'm planning on going gold.
I'll say a prayer for you, J! :D

rtwngAvngr said:

No one needs to feel like they HAVE to donate. If you can under the circumstances, great. If not, no hard feelings. We all have our daily lives to live and know we can't always help, even when we want to.

OCA said:
Oh good! I thought for sure it was going towards that new rainbow flag tat you were thinking about getting!

I believe the rainbows go next to 49er tattoos, I was thinking of getting the Lombardi trophy next to my Steelers logo!

jimnyc said:
I believe the rainbows go next to 49er tattoos, I was thinking of getting the Lombardi trophy next to my Steelers logo!

Oh that would be special but won't that be right next to that nazi lowrider tat you got in Rykers?

Jim, I know you aren't looking for mods/admin for fund drive. However, like OCA and dmp, I want to give something. I can't now, but will after 9/15, with 2nd check.

In spite of any differences, which are more than a few, ;) , this site has allowed me to both spout off and provided a venue for an attempt to reach the 'masses' regarding current events. It's worth way more than I could give.

Forum List

Back