USMB Coffee Shop IV

Discussion in 'USMB Lounge' started by Foxfyre, May 15, 2014.

1. Gracie

Gracie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,558
    My throat is KILLING me. OMG...last endoscopy, it was just a mild irritating feel. THIS one is horrible. He said it was from shoving the breathing tube in there along with the probe. Well isn't that nice? NOT. It HURTS. Flat out raw. Yuck!
    No breakfast. Can't swallow anything past that lake of fire called a throat. I did slide down in itty bitty pieces a poached egg.

Blood pressure was 213/86 and the nurses were having a cow about it. I said thats normal for me and of course it would be that high STARVING TO DEATH and SITTING ON A TOILET and NO SLEEP FOR 24 hours. DUH!!!! Its called STRESS. Oy!!!!

Anyway....I'm alive, home and now await results.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
  2. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,221
    Neither procedure should hurt. I had zero after affects of either procedure. Sorry that wasn't the case with you. Bummer.

3. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner 'Ole Wise One' Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,345
    Like Roy said, the details are boring so I will keep them to myself... Anyway I was in the hospital 20 years ago hooked up to liquid banana's recuperating from what was the worst case of influenza I ever experienced... I was better and I was Hungry and it was 2300 hours... They had all ready caught me smoking in the crapper and took my cigarettes away from me and put me on double secret probation... :21: Well they finally went and got me some phreaking jello… I don't have anything against jello but it is not my goto to kill a hunger pain... At 0130 I had taken all I could and told them I was leaving... Nurse Ratched said I wasn't...
    Well my wife had taken me to the emergency room when I was admitted that evening so I had no transportation... I couldn't call her cause she would have laughed at me and told me to go to sleep... My Son was going to College in the town we lived in so I called the Frat House and told him to drag his ass out to the hospital and pick me up... All I had on was sweats when I went to the ER, so I slipped into them and walked out to the Nurses Station and negotiated with the old battleax… She said I couldn't leave without Dr's permission... :laughing0301: So I said call him and give me my damn cigarettes... :th_waiting: Doc says let him go home... She didn't know we were buds and belonged to the local NRA chapter together...
    Well my Son showed up and we took off to go home and I didn't have my keys and I didn't want to wake up my wife and Jake didn't have his house key either... Had to wake up my daughter and she opened the door. Went straight to the icebox and there was a couple of cold hamburgers that I eat and smoked some more Camels and went to bed... Wife was pissed... Daughter was pissed... Son was pissed...
    Life was good... :04:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Gracie

Gracie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,558
    Last time I had this done..no pain afterwards. Light scratchy feeling in my throat but not this horrendous awful scraping I get every time i just swallow air. This is fucking horrible. What the hell did he do to me???

5. Gracie

Gracie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,558
    His office was closed but the answering service patched me thru to Doc. He said I have scar tissue in my throat and esophogus from the acid reflux I suffer from and my throat is narrower than usual due to those scar tissues. He gave me some recommendations to soothe it until it can heal itself after him taking some scrapings for tests. I said the lower part of me was fine..but I can't even swallow a pill now. So MrG is going to go to pharmacy and get some of that throat numbing stuff.

6. White 6

White 6 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +581
    At my 65 yr physical, my horse told me I could crap in a box and send it in. Worked for me! :)

7. beautress

beautress Bells on Bob's Tail Ring Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,045
    Got her late, Gracie. Hope all went well and that you'll be feeling better soon. :huddle:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Mindful

Mindful Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +41,256
    Did your house shake last night, Roy?

9. gallantwarrior

gallantwarrior Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,141
    Sounds like us, sunset about the same, our time. London is about 10 degrees south of our latitude. By five pm it's usually pitch black out and chores have to be done using a headlamp. Roads are pretty treacherous, too. We had a pretty decent snowfall the last few days and they are slow to clear the roads in some places. Black ice is the worst and the bane of many drivers who end up in the ditches.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Roy Batty

Roy Batty Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +663
    We finish at 1pm on Fridays just 5-1/2 hours.
    37.5 hour week on this contract. The builders are part of the considerate contractors association. That means they try not to make noise for the community as much as possible :)
    It’s complete rubbish. When all the contractors get behind they’ll be working as many hours as the day let’s them.
    However! After Xmas I should be on a different contract working as many hours as I please.