USMB Coffee Shop IV

Discussion in 'USMB Lounge' started by Foxfyre, May 15, 2014.

1. gallantwarrior

gallantwarrior Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,614
    I know what you mean about the Coffee Shop. If nothing else, I will drop by here because the folks are so...folksy!
    I am glad to know you are coping well. I know that things can take unforeseen turns and also like to focus on the more positive aspects of things. Bless you, Lumpy!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,113
    Thank You Sir... I'm off to whatever kinda sheets those are.. best to You and Yours.. :sleep:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Hossfly

Hossfly ZIONUT Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44,613
    upload_2019-9-16_10-50-36.png

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. JustAnotherNut

JustAnotherNut Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,211
    Yep, a full month or so early. Usually September is just an extension of August, though not quite as hot. This year has been more like Mother Nature left on Labor Day weekend, and isn't expected back until sometime next year.

Been a busy bee trying to get ready for Old Man winter, just in case we get another 2 ft of snow like last year. Unfortunately I think I'm behind in that race. Things will work out....will they? won't they?? Of course they will, always do.

5. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,652
    Well sending all kinds of positive vibes your way GW. The partner has no family anywhere who can help with this? At least financially?

6. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,652
    Well I figure making the feather ticks from goose feathers is okay if the goose itself is used for food. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner 'Ole Wise One' Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,388
    Don't feel like the Lone Ranger Lump, as I had to pull out the Funk and Wagnalls also... I love learnin' new words...

Thank you... Definitely words of a wise individual...

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Montrovant

Montrovant Fuzzy bears!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,089
    All I do on the PC with my M.2 is game, so I might just need to try one on a more multi-use PC.

9. Montrovant

Montrovant Fuzzy bears!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,089
    I had a brief phone interview earlier. I should find out in the next few days if the company wants me to come in for a face to face interview. The job would be a late second shift position, 5:30 PM to 2:00 AM. It's a bit further away from me than my current job, so instead of a 10 minute drive I'd have a 20-30 minute drive. On the other hand, it would pay something like $2 an hour more to start. It's also a lab job, so in the medical field; it fits with my education and, I think, could more easily lead to career advancement in the future, whether with the same company or as good experience.

At the same time, I don't hate my current job. I get along with the people I work with, my superiors seem to appreciate my work, it's very close to where I currently live. I'm just not sure what sort of advancement I could find there, even if I get direct hired. I'm also finding my hands feeling sore from flipping through various cards for 39-49 hours a week. :lol:

If I do get offered the lab position, it may be a 4-5 week wait from the time they offer the job and the job actually starting. It has to do with limited orientation spaces, apparently. If that's the case and they offer me the job, I may take a week off between leaving my current job and starting the new one to go visit my parents. It's a lot harder to find time to do that sort of thing with a regular job than when I was a live in nanny. :p

The idea of going to a new job makes me a bit anxious: it took longer than I'd hoped and expected to find a job after I finished school, and while I am a good employee there's no guarantee a new job would work out well. I might not get along with the people at work, I might not do the work that well, who knows? Still, considering how lucky I am to be in the position I am currently in, having a place to live where I don't have to worry about so many of the bills that one usually does worry about, now is probably a good time to consider switching jobs. I'd be safer doing it at this point then if I were living on my own.

I haven't even had a face to face interview yet, so I'm not counting my chickens, just trying to plan ahead a bit in case I do get the job offer.

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. Lumpy 1

Lumpy 1 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,113
    I have a thing for goofy funny words like Lumpy and at least these days you don't have to carry a dictionary around..

:redface: .. I have a son and daughter that have gone through US Army boot camps, they taught me things and my parents were bluntly pragmatic. My daughter has been sweating it out (war games) in a California desert for the past 3+ weeks.. Sheesh ..

• Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019