Using the word "Compromise": Obama 6, Boehner 0

R

rdean

During Obama's speech, he used the word "Compromise" 6 times. Boehner used the word "Zero" times.

Is there any significance to "compromise"? Is it possible to explain "negotiations" and not use the word "compromise" a single time?

To me, the player that cares the least holds the stronger hand.

Yet, he doesn't seem to want to.

"Major ratings firms -- namely Standard & Poor's and Moody's -- have said even if the country raises the debt ceiling and doesn't default, there's a strong likelihood that the triple-A bond rating will be cut to double-A unless a budget can be crafted that results in $4 trillion in savings"

Read more: Obama to Banks: We're Not Defaulting - FoxBusiness.com

any cuts less than the 4 trillion is a compromise in my opinion.

"Major ratings firms -- namely Standard & Poor's and Moody's -- have said even if the country raises the debt ceiling and doesn't default, there's a strong likelihood that the triple-A bond rating will be cut to double-A unless a budget can be crafted that results in $4 trillion in savings"

what funny is his main adviser now David Plouffe ( sp) was on greta last night, the very first thing he said was if we don't have a deal by aug. 2nd we will default, this guy is a bigger snake, liar and jackass than morris rove and axelrod put togehter.

Where was the compromise when hc and stimulus were ramrodded down our throats?

or when they spent 7 very valuable weeks fighting tooth and nail against against 38.5 billion worth of 'cuts'?

then asking for a clean bill, like oh yeah right, just gve it to me and I provide squat.....uhm no don't think so.

watch, we will not have a budget going into 2012 either, the senate will trash whatever they are sent or obama will not sign it, so this is just round 2 ....and the media? they are so totally in the tank its not even a question for any sane person anymore.

That's what folks are missing, it's the amount of debt that is going to fuckup the rating whether the debt ceiling gets raised or not. Unless of course there is real cuts and not reids bullshit gimmicks. Anyone who thinks this administration will cut anything real isn't being honest with themselves.

or when they spent 7 very valuable weeks fighting tooth and nail against against 38.5 billion worth of 'cuts'?

then asking for a clean bill, like oh yeah right, just gve it to me and I provide squat.....uhm no don't think so.

watch, we will not have a budget going into 2012 either, the senate will trash whatever they are sent or obama will not sign it, so this is just round 2 ....and the media? they are so totally in the tank its not even a question for any sane person anymore.

Can you imagine the debt if the TP folks weren't challenging the spending spree?:eek:

During Obama's speech, he used the word "Compromise" 6 times. Boehner used the word "Zero" times.

Is there any significance to "compromise"? Is it possible to explain "negotiations" and not use the word "compromise" a single time?

Blah, blah, blah....talk is cheap.

Boehner will be the first to tell you that compromise is for pussies

He would rather default the government than allow a compromise solution

You drool 14 times every time you attempt to make a sentence.
Then you stutter, pick your nose and scratch your ass.
Then your father Jap-slaps you in the back of the head and tells you to STFU.
What's your point?
Ever been laid?

Compromise

Healthcare: dropped universal healthcare, dropped government option, stretched out implementation to meet CBO approval, changed wording to ensure no abortion would be covered, added mandatory coverage

Stimulus: set aside 40% of stimulus for tax credits, moved execution of stimulus programs to individual states

Compromise

Healthcare: dropped universal healthcare, dropped government option, stretched out implementation to meet CBO approval, changed wording to ensure no abortion would be covered, added mandatory coverage

Stimulus: set aside 40% of stimulus for tax credits, moved execution of stimulus programs to individual states

That's not compromise. That's what some of the conservative democrats were forced to do from their representative districts.

That's the difference between Democrats and Republicans. Democrats are all rhetoric and no action. Republicans are no rhetoric and some action.

The word compromise is easy enough that a cave man can understand it. In Barry's mind the word "compromise" means that republicans fold to his demands.

Nearly half the stimulus was tax cuts. You should be "thrilled".

Tax cuts all bundled up in a one trillion dollar plus spending blowout bonanza bouquet isn't thrilling. You must be heartbroken that they didn't go for 3 or 4T?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back