Using Profanity

Precisely why it stands out in conversation and why I myself use it. :) It is a baby word, and coming from an adult it attracts the ear much more than "shit."

Your sense of the ELOQUENT astounds me
Ask him what else he's willing to do with his tongue.

(curves his tongue) :)

curve??? you can CURVE your tongue?------??? concave or convex? ----
DON'T go there!

where?

I have never said POOP in my life-----it is a baby word

Precisely why it stands out in conversation and why I myself use it. :) It is a baby word, and coming from an adult it attracts the ear much more than "shit."

Never thought to look it up before but,

"Tongue rolling is the ability to roll the lateral edges of the tongue upwards into a tube. The intrinsic muscles allow some people to form their tongues into specific shapes. Popular belief holds that variation in this ability is the result of genetic inheritance. Rolling the tongue into a tube shape is often described as a dominant trait with simple Mendelian inheritance, and it is commonly referenced in introductory biology courses."
Tongue rolling - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Interestingly, while I can roll my tongue, I can't do the three-finger 'Boy Scout' salute. :) With either hand. Left kinda gets there, but the right (which would be what is used) I can only barely touch my thumb to my pinky, and the 3 center finger stay completely bent. Seem to lack whatever's responsible for that gesture.

"Tongue rolling is the ability to roll the lateral edges of the tongue upwards into a tube. The intrinsic muscles allow some people to form their tongues into specific shapes. Popular belief holds that variation in this ability is the result of genetic inheritance. Rolling the tongue into a tube shape is often described as a dominant trait with simple Mendelian inheritance, and it is commonly referenced in introductory biology courses."

True----there is another tongue maneuver
which is supposed to be an hereditary thing----it involves a kind of tripartite crinkle----ALSO the ability to wiggle ones
ear is also an hereditary thing---(trivia)

True----there is another tongue maneuver
which is supposed to be an hereditary thing----it involves a kind of tripartite crinkle----ALSO the ability to wiggle ones
ear is also an hereditary thing---(trivia)

Can't wiggle my ears, can't even tell what muscle I'm supposed to use. :)

Forum List

Back