Using neg rep points as a "weapon"

Status
Not open for further replies.
thermostat.jpg

:lol::lol:.. that helped.. thanks

I've noticed one user has now given me negative rep points 4 times on one thread - and PM'd me to tell me he was going to do it - after I once neg rep pointed him for spamming.

Given his actions seem to have nothing to do with what has been posted and are entirely an issue of personal spite, maybe we should allow rep points only to be given once per poster per thread?

It's not like it really matters - but if rep points are used as aspects of feuding they become less a feature than a curse.

Big boys don't cry.

I've noticed one user has now given me negative rep points 4 times on one thread - and PM'd me to tell me he was going to do it - after I once neg rep pointed him for spamming.

Given his actions seem to have nothing to do with what has been posted and are entirely an issue of personal spite, maybe we should allow rep points only to be given once per poster per thread?

It's not like it really matters - but if rep points are used as aspects of feuding they become less a feature than a curse.
Was it PublicInfant?

You brainwashed fucking nitwit.
Why do you give a fuck who "reps" you or not ?

Eots -

Yeah, it's all a bit random, isn't it?

I don't think it's a big deal either way, but I just thought it was worth passing on that at least one poster is using neg rep points to conduct vendettas - although i suspect he'll get tired when he's done it 4 or 5 thousands times.

there are people who've gotten negged a couple of times and then spend all their time whining about how it infringes on their 'free speech'.

yet those same people will do everything they can to suck up to people to get pos rep. seems a bit inconsistent to say the least.

Eots -

Yeah, it's all a bit random, isn't it?

I don't think it's a big deal either way, but I just thought it was worth passing on that at least one poster is using neg rep points to conduct vendettas - although i suspect he'll get tired when he's done it 4 or 5 thousands times.

Try reporting it to a moderator or Admin via PM, like you're supposed to. Yes, there ARE people here who abuse the rep system; specifically, mass neg-rep-ing other members.

I have NO problem going in and deleting those neg-rep's if I see a pattern of abuse.

BUT you have to say something and creating a thread about it is just hoping one of us reads it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back