Using KKK Uniforms as a "Teaching Tool"

...as "Operation: Politically correct moonbat" swings into high gear. :rolleyes:

So what are your thoughts on this Dude?

He wont answer...just like it was hard to defend ol rand. This one is so far out there, even the hardened racists will have a hard time explaining this one.

My guess will be "freedom of expression" or something like that? Dude is not exactly very original and will run from this.

See, that's what I'm thinking too.

If they are dressed as Klansmen to reenact the history of how the Klan started, I don't see anything wrong with that. They were making a 'film' for class on racism in America. The KKK is a BIG part of that of course,and it's still a part of America today.

I think students need to learn about this, among other things.

Unless there is more to the story, I don't see why she was put on leave.

The teacher is now put on leave for letting the students film in KKK uniforms. They were doing it for a lesson on the History of Racism in America.

Do you think she should be punished for letting it happen, or is the school system overreacting?

Teacher Allows Students To Wear KKK Clothing - Atlanta News Story - WGCL Atlanta

I think the students may have taken it too far;
Teacher Allows Students To Wear KKK Clothing - Atlanta News Story - WGCL Atlanta
Student Cody Rider said that he saw the students wearing hoods parade through the cafeteria last Thursday.

Rider approached the group.

"My intention when I was approaching them was to fight. I'll be honest with you," said Rider. "I was angry and outraged."

Rider said that several students wearing hoods taunted his cousin, who is also a student at the school.

"Students approached him and asked if they can re-enact the lynching of him for their class project," said Rider.

But to discipline the teacher is overreacting. The KKK is a part of U.S. history and to deny or ignore it is foolish. You can't make history politcally correct, you have to take the good with the bad, as Santayana said "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

...as "Operation: Politically correct moonbat" swings into high gear. :rolleyes:

So what are your thoughts on this Dude?

He wont answer...just like it was hard to defend ol rand. This one is so far out there, even the hardened racists will have a hard time explaining this one.

My guess will be "freedom of expression" or something like that? Dude is not exactly very original and will run from this.
You lose, dickweed. :lol::lol::lol:

I attended a community college diversity course that made all the female students dress in KKK garb and all the male students dress in burqas, the course was called 'Gender Bender Studies'.

The idea was to cure racism by getting everyone to concentrate on their latent sexism.

I'm with EZ on this one. Isn't the KKK part of our history? Just because it's a crappy part should we ignore it? Since the reaction from those seeing other students dressed in the hoods was so strong, perhaps a lesson was learned . . . which was the whole point.

Was this teacher a Libertarian or a republican? :)

Now that you mention Republicans,...

I bet you want to know if the teacher revealed which President resegregated the government, and was the first to show "Birth of a Nation,' celebrating the KKK, in the White House.

BTW, it was Democrat Woodrow Wilson, the first Progressive President.

"Wilson was reported to have commented of the film that "it is like writing history with lightning. And my only regret is that it is all so terribly true"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Birth_of_a_Nation

I'm with EZ on this one. Isn't the KKK part of our history? Just because it's a crappy part should we ignore it? Since the reaction from those seeing other students dressed in the hoods was so strong, perhaps a lesson was learned . . . which was the whole point.

This is an interesting post.

There should be a thread as to what aspects of our history are underreported, for the reason that you state.

Charles Fort wrote a series of books called something like "Books of the Damned,' meaning facts that science doesn't talk about because they can't be explained...

History should have similar material.

Wilson was a segregationist; he segregated African Americans from whites in Washington and liberty from peace in the League of Nations.

Last edited:
Found this in a comment section:

sam davis May 25, 2010, 8:28pm EDT
I live in Dahlonega and know the school well... I also know Catherine.

This issue is NOT newsworthy.

The truth:
The students working on the AP History project were 4 girls.
Catherine is a WONDERFUL teacher.
The student who first reported the incident is a known juvenile delinquent.
Racism DOES occur in this rural town.
ANYONE who's not a white christian in a male head of household are not welcome.

Catherine is not someone who follows the "good ol' boy" network in Lumpkin County. She's a great teacher and will not be fired (Dewey Moye told me tonight at the BOE building).

This is not about the teacher. This is bigger than that. Lumpkin County is behind the times, yes. But turning one of their best assets into a scapegoat is NOT what needs to be done.

Having a "Christian" town hall meeting is ABSOLUTELY NOT WHAT WE NEED HERE!!!

Lumpkin County High School is a PUBLIC SCHOOL!! Why would ANY religious affiliation get involved at all???

I was embarrassed at the scene tonight - "Reverend" - dressed in a great suit and wonderful shoes tried to make this about Race and Religion???

huh???

It's about tolerance.

We're all different... we need to be.. it's better that way.. ACCEPT IT!!!

Trying to avoid offending others is a good thing. Having the students in their spongebob/kkk outfits at the school was poor judgment - but not enough to be fired over.

There are a LOT of things wrong in Lumpkin County. Prayers led by Bobby Self before every Board of Education meeting (again, at a public school) happens before EVERY MEETING!!!

Race/Religion/Sexual Orientation... get it OUT of the public school system!!! Respect everyone's differences!!!

Imagine how boring life would be if we were all the same!

A Georgia Teacher Lets Students Wear KKK Robes-... | Gather

Wilson was a segregationist; he segregated African Americans from whites in Washington and liberty from peace in the League of Nations.

Wilson was the first PhD President, and the first to be openly hostile to the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.
And proclaimed...
a. The Constitution was ‘old,’ and not equipped to deal with ‘new social ills.’
b. Not limited government, but expansive government was necessary.
c. The outdated concepts of checks and balances were obstacles for the Progressives’ agenda.
d. ‘Social Justice’ requires the redistribution of private property, and the Constitution stood in the way.
e. The new view attacked the social compact and natural rights of citizens theory embodied by the Constitution.
f. The rights of the collective, the state, surpass those of the individual.

Does any of this sound familiar?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back