Using Condemned Killers for Medical Research????

And, in case you do not know it, people in the non incarcerated world volunteer to undergo trials for payment all the time.
Then why do you need to recruit prisoners? Wouldn't you rather pay a non criminal?

My OP is about the "cutting edge" of medical science type of experiments and treatments. Stuff where the side effect may be death. While this can happen in patient trials, it is not the norm.

A good point, although I doubt the government would ever okay human trials of any sort, inmate or otherwise, for something while the risk of death is still high. I realize your aim was probably to institute a way of bypassing the long, tedious procedures currently slowing drug trials, but to THAT extent, I don't think it would ever fly.

And, in case you do not know it, people in the non incarcerated world volunteer to undergo trials for payment all the time.
Then why do you need to recruit prisoners? Wouldn't you rather pay a non criminal?

I'd rather do both, actually. There's always more need than there is supply in this area, and I like the idea of, instead of paying money to simply warehouse these people idly for years, them actually being useful to someone for probably the first time in their misbegotten existences.
Look, the only way ANYONE would want to try an experimental drug (that could cause more harm than good) is if they already have a life threatening disease or at least a debilitating condition for which there is no current treatment. NOBODY would ever willingly subject himself to being given a fatal disease so he could be experimented on by some modern day mad scientist. Candycorn's been watching too many of those made for tv movies because this stuff doesn't happen in real life.

SJ is entitled to his opinion. Not sure why he’s so belligerent about it.

I think we may be ignoring a valuable resource that is waiting to be tapped.

Um, I believe the belligerence began with you in post #24.

Oh….your logic is that everyone sentenced to life or condemned to death are not mentally stable based simply on the crime. Hmmm…that may be the most monumentally stupid thing ever written. Congratulations.

Oh….your logic is that everyone sentenced to life or condemned to death are not mentally stable based simply on the crime. Hmmm…that may be the most monumentally stupid thing ever written. Congratulations.

Not belligerent...truthful.

Ps: post 22...I debate in the manner in which I’m debated.

Not belligerent...truthful.

Ps: post 22...I debate in the manner in which I’m debated.
Yeah, as long as everyone agrees with you.

Forum List

Back