USGS, Predicted Haitian Earthquake/ Entire Caribbean basin is at great risk.

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
I visited the USGS United States Geological Survey, website last year.
I searched under geological activity for Caribbean basin. The website returned a warning
for the entire caribbean basin, because of increased geological seismic activity, and small
Earthquakes.

A Cuban geologist predicted the Haitian Earthquake down to the exact Earthquake richter scale reading 7.0. This was all last year 2009.!

This means that there may be more Earthquakes throughout the entire Carribbean!
Cuba, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Antiqua , the Entire Carribbean is in
danger of experiencing more Earthquakes.

I searched under geological activity for Caribbean basin. The website returned a warning
for the entire caribbean basin, because of increased geological seismic activity, and small
Earthquakes.

A Cuban geologist predicted the Haitian Earthquake down to the exact Earthquake richter scale reading 7.0. This was all last year 2009.!

Cuba, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Antiqua , the Entire Carribbean is in

Well of course. Mother Nature just doing her thang. Is there anyone who believes that the earth would stop . . . being the earth . . . just because man inhabits it?

Earthquakes.

Well of course. Mother Nature just doing her thang. Is there anyone who believes that the earth would stop . . . being the earth . . . just because man inhabits it?

My point is the news media must go to Cuba and interview this geologist to find out what Carribbean island may be next for a major Earthquake.!!:eek:

For all the good this "prediction" did, eh?

I predict that the west coast will be hit with a 7.0 earthquake.

I predict the same will happen in Yellowstone National Park, then it will erupt like no volcano we have ever seen.

I predict that the Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Mississippi araes will be hit by a major eartquake.

Without an actual date, what good is this type of prediction and is it really a prediction? Any seismically active area is a potential disaster site. In such areas, it's not a matter of, but when.

I predict the same will happen in Yellowstone National Park, then it will erupt like no volcano we have ever seen.

I predict that the Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Mississippi araes will be hit by a major eartquake.

Without an actual date, what good is this type of prediction and is it really a prediction? Any seismically active area is a potential disaster site. In such areas, it's not a matter of, but when.

This is real blood and guts science man, no time to joke, people are trapped alive man!!
more people may die throughout the entire Carribbean!!:eek:

I wasn't joking, 52, I was making the point that the closest anyone can get to predicting an earthquake in any seismically active area is to say that one will happen, someday. Anything short of an actual date is pretty much useless.

Earthquakes.

No, just since Prince Obama took office. ;)

Immie

My point is the news media must go to Cuba and interview this geologist to find out what Carribbean island may be next for a major Earthquake.!!:eek:[/QUOTE]

No can do. Only people from free countries are "allowed" to go to Cuba

My point is the news media must go to Cuba and interview this geologist to find out what Carribbean island may be next for a major Earthquake.!!:eek:

No can do. Only people from free countries are "allowed" to go to Cuba[/QUOTE]

The Geologist name is Professor "Patrick Charles" from the Geological institute of Havana.!!
Google his name for the compleat story.!!:eek:

This is real blood and guts science man, no time to joke, people are trapped alive man!!
more people may die throughout the entire Carribbean!!:eek:

Tell me you are joking.

This is like the guy that predicts the number of hurricanes every year. Each year he starts out saying there will be 16 major hurricanes and by the end of the season he has reduced his prediction to... guess what, the exact number of hurricanes.

Anyone who lives or has lived in Earthquake country knows that predicting that there will be an earthquake is nothing. California has lived under the prediction that "the big one is coming" for over 50 years. Believe me, it is coming... someday, and when it does they will have predicted it.

Even predicting that there will be a 7.0 quake is not that difficult... once! Now, if he predicted the exact date or even within a week, and he did this on multiple occasions, without having made hundreds of false predictions in between, I might take notice, but simply stating that there will be a quake doesn't even grab my attention.

Immie

PS I now live in hurricane country... at least we have some advance warning. :D

Last edited:
"First thou shalt take out the holy pin then thou shall count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shall count and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shall thou not count, neither count thou two excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbist thou thy holy hand grenade of Antioch towards thy foe who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. Amen."

"Right. One, two, five."

"Three sir."

"Three."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ioXrZT9Ric[/ame]

Earthquake prediction is a science in it's infancy. The Mexico City quake, actually the epicenter was on the west coast subduction zone, was predicted to within six months by a geologist. She put out a net of seismic monitors, and made that quake one of the best recorded of any major quake. But the area was quite regular in the time periods between quakes, something that is not all that common.

If you want to predict when there will be an earthquake, watch the animals. When they scatter for no apparent reason, I would say you have about 30 seconds to vacate.
In Haiti, a dog ran through a window just before the quake hit. Other than that, like rock says....predicting is in its infancy.

Forum List

Back