User Reputation System

Status
Not open for further replies.
dilloduck said:
when the neg rep is used people cry about it--period.

no one bitched about getting positive rep I bet.

OK---One more suggestion and I'm done.

If the rep thing means so much to some people keep the system but DO NOT MAKE IT AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC VIEWING and do NOT intervene with anything that posted there.

dilloduck said:

If the rep thing means so much to some people keep the system but DO NOT MAKE IT AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC VIEWING and do NOT intervene with anything that posted there.
I agree, in fact I mentioned that a few posts back.

dilloduck said:

Only thing I would add.....
Make post count invisible as well.

archangel said:
Are you saying you never pm'd someone to chasize them for picking on your favorite squeez...if ya want to hit on the ladies...be my guest...but please not at my expense! :confused: are we? :shocked:

I have ONE squeeze - and his name is GotZoom. EVERYBODY else is required to play by the rules. You take issue in having your pee-pee slapped because of YOUR conduct via the Rep System. That's YOUR problem. Not Mine. Not the person who complained about your rep system abuse. Not dillo's problem. Not gop_jeff's problem. It's YOUR problem. YOU alone control how and where you reply to things you read here on the forum. It was YOU who neg repped a post with 'Take that Twit' - when the post you neg-repped had NOTHING to do with you. You ALONE are responsible for hitting the little 'scale' icon, selecting 'disapprove' and hitting 'submit'. Personal responsibility is a bitch, isn't it?

Remember, taking to the public those private issues with Staff of USMB is against the rules. You were warned earlier - and you've already had ONE thread closed where you decided to take things public. The next step is a temp ban.

-=d=- said:
I have ONE squeeze - and his name is GotZoom. EVERYBODY else is required to play by the rules. You take issue in having your pee-pee slapped because of YOUR conduct via the Rep System. That's YOUR problem. Not Mine. Not the person who complained about your rep system abuse. Not dillo's problem. Not gop_jeff's problem. It's YOUR problem. YOU alone control how and where you reply to things you read here on the forum. It was YOU who neg repped a post with 'Take that Twit' - when the post you neg-repped had NOTHING to do with you. You ALONE are responsible for hitting the little 'scale' icon, selecting 'disapprove' and hitting 'submit'. Personal responsibility is a bitch, isn't it?

Remember, taking private issues with Staff of USMB is against the rules. You were warned earlier - and you've already had ONE thread closed where you decided to take things public. The next step is a temp ban.

I'm blushing....

It's funny how elsewhere on this board people are bemoaning the anarchy in New Orleans, but here in this one thread which has existed for a few hours we have seen the board plunge into something resembling "Lord of the Flies". Recriminations, threats, whinging, betrayals of confidence. Where is the National Guard?

-=d=- said:

Remember, taking to the public those private issues with Staff of USMB is against the rules. You were warned earlier - and you've already had ONE thread closed where you decided to take things public. The next step is a temp ban.

directly with you via pm...where you made it clear it should be!
ps:the "twit"neg was made to the person related to the original thread..this person neg'd me first for no reason and added comments...I negged on the comments resulting with the original thread...so I am guilty of nothing!Other than maybe a poor choice of word in the heat of the moment!

nucular said:
It's funny how elsewhere on this board people are bemoaning the anarchy in New Orleans, but here in this one thread which has existed for a few hours we have seen the board plunge into something resembling "Lord of the Flies". Recriminations, threats, whinging, betrayals of confidence. Where is the National Guard?
Just like a liberal to CALL FOR the GOVERNMENT to FIX things.. :whip:

nucular said:

Some people use words to try to resolve issues.The admin has asked for input. The anger is a result of a system that needs fixing and I trust it will be. To compare this to New Orleans is quite a stretch.

i have a question...

can we redeem the rep points for anything?
i didnt think so. so why is everyone bitching about them? who really cares who has 5000 and who has -5000? does people feelings really get that hurt? over words on a screen from someone you could care less about? kind of high schoolish.

i remember when they first Jim first implemented them. i think i remember something about "something new to play with" or something similar to that. take the comments section off. if you dont like the rep system dont use it. if you do like it use it. its not that hard to comprehend. its like spam mail, if you dont want to read it dont.

Johnney said:
i have a question...

can we redeem the rep points for anything?
i didnt think so.
You can't?!?!??! Rats!!!!! And I was saving them up to buy a Lil' Orphan Annie Decoder Ring! Aw man, now I'm gonna have to dip into the kids' college fund!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back