User Reputation System, follow up...

gop_jeff said:
Different people use it in different ways. Some people use it as a popularity barometer. Some use it to agree with what others say. But I think the intent is that if someone posts something really good/thoughful/insightful, you give them good reputation; if someone posts drivel, or comes on here to troll, you give them bad reputation.
I'd say that's about right. :thup:

mom4 said:
Hey, he positive repped me, and I still appreciate the thought! :D

I know.. I just think it's funny when the new ones go on a negging spree...

I believe I have only neg repped somebody twice on this board... It takes a special kind of troll to get me to go there.

I have only neg repped one person, and I believe he directed the "f" word at me.

I haven't been neg repped much... only by Archie, and that was an accident! :D

mom4 said:
I have only neg repped one person, and I believe he directed the "f" word at me.

I haven't been neg repped much... <b>only by Archie, and that was an accident!</b> :D

I'm betting all the times he neg-repped me were no "accident".. :D

Stephanie said:
I've only been neg. rep'ed twice. One is a past memeber(may he rest in peace) And one is a fairly New Member, just in the last WEEK.... Of course, I shall not name, name's(but I will accept bribes), they know who they are...
But it weally, weally, weally urt my feeeeelllllings. :cry: So Mr. Dr. you do it again, I'm going to hunt you down and... :whip: :rotflmao:

Same here, Stephanie. Go figure.

Abbey Normal said:
Same here, Stephanie. Go figure.
Mom4, Stephanie, and you wouldn't deserve neg. rep. I've been dinged numerous times, sometimes deserved, sometimes not, IMO. Be that as it may, if one is going to post controversial subjects, opinions, etc., one may get neg. or positive depending on others perceptions. For myself, whatever happens is cool. Funny thing, mostly it's been the instigators that have dinged.

I give rep based on sources, comments, and the posters ability to put them in perspective. I'll also give positive just because I like what was said at a particular point in time.

As for negative, if I think what one is posting hurts the board in how 'guests' might perceive our members, (ie hate type posts), I'll ding. I also do not take kindly to those that say nasties about moderators and long time members, including myself. ;)

Forum List

Back