User Reputation System, follow up...

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
The system has been turned back on. Lets please ALL act like adults and enjoy the system. That's what it was intended for, to just add a little more enjoyment to the board.

If anyone feels the system is being abused or have any problems/questions, please contact -=d=- or myself. Darin will be handling all inquiries.

Thanks, and enjoy! :)

jimnyc said:
The system has been turned back on. Lets please ALL act like adults and enjoy the system. That's what it was intended for, to just add a little more enjoyment to the board.

If anyone feels the system is being abused or have any problems/questions, please contact -=d=- or myself. Darin will be handling all inquiries.

Thanks, and enjoy! :)
Can you add the feature where we may choose to disable rep.

JOKER96BRAVO said:

At the moment this isn't an option. I will look to see if there are any modifications out there to do just that though. If I can find it I will install it and let everyone know when it's available.

I received a pm from Mom...she said I neg rep'd her...I sent her a positive rep...for her sense of humor..if somehow this was in error please correct...or else something strange is going on in here! :2guns:

archangel said:
I received a pm from Mom...she said I neg rep'd her...I sent her a positive rep...for her sense of humor..if somehow this was in error please correct...or else something strange is going on in here! :2guns:

The database updates the rep comments nightly. I'll look into it tomorrow and change it to + if there was an error.

jimnyc said:
The database updates the rep comments nightly. I'll look into it tomorrow and change it to + if there was an error.

and please compare the comments to the rep....if this was changed please advise me!

JOKER96BRAVO said:

The ability to turn off your rep system is now available. I do believe users can still give rep but your rep won't show in any of your posts. This is the best I can do thus far. Go to 'UserCP', then 'Edit Options' and you will see an area for the reputation system that you can uncheck.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
rtwngAvngr said:
Oh yeah. Then, when your rep is low you have an excuse?
Actually using his current rep and posts, his numbers are higher than yours or mine. Bonnie beats us all. You beat me. :shocked: :laugh:

The more posts one has, the less likely the rep numbers are to keep up. Except for Jimnyc! :laugh:

The first board I ever joined had a rep system
for a while.

I thought, and still think, that rep systems are absurd,
and I posted so there, and it is about time I posted
so here.

Rep systems are at best circle jerks.

Anyone who says anything smart isn't going to be
any smarter on account of some little green squares.

Same for stupidity, and little red squares.

By all means, PM someone who you think makes
a good post, and/or say the same thing in the clear.

I have never given a rep point, and I never will.

USViking said:
The first board I ever joined had a rep system
for a while.

I thought, and still think, that rep systems are absurd,
and I posted so there, and it is about time I posted
so here.

Rep systems are at best circle jerks.

Same for stupidity, and little red squares.

By all means, PM someone who you think makes
a good post, and/or say the same thing in the clear.

I have never given a rep point, and I never will.

i vote we all rep him and see if his christian guilt kicks in......(here is 23)

USViking said:
I like little green squares. They're like little green warm fuzzies. :D

14 from me.

Forum List

Back