User Rep Quarterly Reminder

It's that time again, and I'll say right up front I don't want to hear any names or this turn into a pissing contest. If anyone has a problem with another member specifically in regard to user rep, you can PM myself or Jillian with the specifics and one of us will look into it.

In case some are unaware, I can look up user rep on all members of this board, and read the comments, so it isn't like PMs.

User rep is a privilege extended by the board as something to make it just a bit more interesting. Some people care about it, some don't. Either way, it is not there to be abused by either continually giving negative rep to someone, or continually giving positive rep to someone.

This is one of those things where if you aren't abusing it, I'm not controlling it. But, I can and will if I feel it's necessary. Individuals who continually abuse the system can and will have this privilege rescinded.

I prefer it not come to that.

Is it possible to rescind rep?

I notice that a rep I received a week ago or so ago is no longer listed on my user control panel. Yet, when I go back to the post and click on the rep icon, the rep comment shows in a pop-up. Maybe the list only shows a set number of the most recent comments?

Also, I deleted a post which had a rep comment and the rep comment also disappeared from my list. was my score also affected?

I'm not sure why I'm asking all these nit picky questions anyway, since I think rep is shtuuupid anyhow.

I notice that a rep I received a week ago or so ago is no longer listed on my user control panel. Yet, when I go back to the post and click on the rep icon, the rep comment shows in a pop-up. Maybe the list only shows a set number of the most recent comments?

Also, I deleted a post which had a rep comment and the rep comment also disappeared from my list. was my score also affected?

I'm not sure why I'm asking all these nit picky questions anyway, since I think rep is shtuuupid anyhow.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:eusa_eh:

The control panel only shows a certain amount of rep.

If you deleted a post with rep and the comment disappeared, I'd assume you lost the points. I couldn't say for sure. If you'd like for me to try it on another one of your posts I'd be more than happy to.:cool:

You cannot rescind rep. You have to beg ME to go in and change it manually if you made a mistake, and I ain't cheap.

No one has asked me to change any rep they have given to you, if that is your question.

:eusa_eh:

The control panel only shows a certain amount of rep.

If you deleted a post with rep and the comment disappeared, I'd assume you lost the points. I couldn't say for sure. If you'd like for me to try it on another one of your posts I'd be more than happy to.:cool:

You cannot rescind rep. You have to beg ME to go in and change it manually if you made a mistake, and I ain't cheap.

No one has asked me to change any rep they have given to you, if that is your question.

That answers my question. Too bad the list only shows a small number of the most recent rep. I'm sure I've missed seeing some that disappeared from the list before I saw them and now that I am a certifiable Rep Junkie, that does suck.
The only thing I'm not sure about is whether I like bad rep better than good rep or vice versa. Good rep from Shattered would not nearly as enjoyable for me as her bad rep is.

Yawn.
Rep power is so shtupid!

:eusa_whistle:

Hey fannymold, I already admitted it.

Despite my initial indifference and disdain for the rep system, I've become an incurable repaholic!

Hey fannymold, I already admitted it.

Despite my initial indifference and disdain for the rep system, I've become an incurable repaholic!

Then why do you insist on saying stupid shit that causes you to lose so much of it at any given time?

The changes to the rep system have made it just too complicated for a mathematically challenged person like me. Today I'm getting told I have to spread some rep around before I can rep certain people again, one of whom I've only repped once already. Well, then what's the value of rep if some of it's mandatory?

The changes to the rep system have made it just too complicated for a mathematically challenged person like me. Today I'm getting told I have to spread some rep around before I can rep certain people again, one of whom I've only repped once already. Well, then what's the value of rep if some of it's mandatory?

It's ok... it makes you look for good things new people say. Or, you can neg someone whose post you think is pathetic. ;)

I don't get the point of neg repping. Just blast the person in the thread for everyone to see.

Forum List

Back