Used Assault Rifle Wanted

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BrianH, Apr 8, 2008.

1. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    I'm looking to buy a used assault rifle to use on the hogs. We've got loads of them, and I hate to wear my deer rifle out on them.

I'm looking for someone, or someplace that has really good deals on used guns, particularly assault rifles.

I'm looking between a mini-14, Ak-47, SKS, or an AR15.....I would perfer that it be somewhere in Texas (if you know of a place). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brian

2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Where in Texas?

3. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    your going to mow down hogs with a AK-47?......is that standard operating procedure ?

I remember when daddy let me kill my first hog...he handed me the AK-47 and said...this next bastards yours son..
    i selected my prey a.. particular ornery hog we called Mohammad..I took aim.. then let go a few well placed burst and it was done ..not one usable bit of meat left on the beast..

4. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,994
    Buy an M1 Garand. 30.06 will take down anything. And it should be accurate. The AK 47's sold a lot in the US are Chinese made and are crap. They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn door. The AR-15 is a small round and may not kill a big pig with one shot. Same with the mini 14.

Check out local gun shows and local dealers. If you have to buy out of State you will need a dealer to ship it to and buy from anyway. You are aware it is illegal to buy a weapon out of your home State? The process for that is you get the weapon sent to a local dealer that you buy from.

5. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    It's all part of the government plot. Of course, you knew that!

6. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
  7. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    government plot?...I don't think so or I would know about it..no I think its just the classic boy and his hog story...unless you have any links to show other wise...all though....the hog story could be a bit of a ruse..given BHs
    fear of the government thinking hes a terrorist ...it could be he is afraid to say he wants a assault rifle to exercise and protect his constitutional rights...but would be just a speculative theory....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    dude.. just line the hogs in a row like at a monster truck show and see how many you can kill in one shot!

Or, find some teens in the local black metal scene and promise them all the blood they want if they bring their own knives.

or an assault rifle. that sounds like fun too.

9. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    WEll...preferablly central, south, or the coast. I'd be willing to drive if I found someone that had a good price on one. I'm kind of half looking right now. I don't have the cash in my hand, and still have to convince the wife. I'm just pricing right now.

10. BrianH

BrianH Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +238
    There's not really a standard operating procedure for getting rid of hogs in Texas. There are many procedures used.

1.) Hit with your pick-up...make sure it hits the grille-gaurd.

2.)Trap

3.)Chase with dogs and stick with knife (not particularly my favorite, too much running and way to much blood)

4.)Feed them till you have their routine down to a science and annihalate them.

5.( My personal favorite) Keep an eye on the fields, when you see something torn up that wasn't there the day before. Take a few beers, roll down the windows in the 4x4 and just chill til they show up....then you annihalate them.

Note to reader: it is difficult to annihalate numerous hogs without semi-auto---given the terrain and lack of sunlight. :)