USDA Fights 'Mountain Pride'

Our freedoms to do as we wish with our lifes are being destroyed in this country piece by piece. I thought this was the land of the free? Do you on the left really want to be the ones to destroy that.

Sure, support food stamps, but if someone wants to live on their own in some back wood area. What's it to you?

Last edited:
Obama wants that "Life With Julia" dream to come true.

Hey USDA....worry more about what's in my meat, not how other people are living.

They don't want food stamps...

USDA Combats

1. If mom and dad choose to not use food stamps then their children suffer and that's child abuse.
2. When these people get sick due to unhealthy eating, they go to the E.R. and that sends all our health care costs up.

And ... The article specifically says the food stamps can be used for seeds to grow your own food. You guys are against seeds now? Really?

If people are not feeding their kids well out of foolish pride they need their asses kicked all the way to the food stamp office, otherwise I really don't care if anyone is starving themselves out of hillbilly pride.

Who says they aren't feeding them well? Just because somebody qualifies for foodstamps and doesn't get them doesn't necessarily mean they aren't feeding their kids well. The categorical eligibility limit for foodstamps is 185 percent of the federal poverty limit, or almost twice the federal poverty limit. And families who are at the poverty limit can still feed themselves.

America's definition of "eating well" and the rest of the world's definition of eating well do not mesh...just as our idea of "hunger" has no real meaning, when compared to countries where people are REALLY hungry. Our definition is skipping a meal once a week, or not having a certain number of days' food stored in the cupboard. It isn't real hunger.

I love the progressive take...if they aren't getting foodstamps, take their kids and apply corporal punishment!

Nice goose step there.

If people are not feeding their kids well out of foolish pride they need their asses kicked all the way to the food stamp office, otherwise I really don't care if anyone is starving themselves out of hillbilly pride.

And if they aren't taking care of thier children/ Why did they have 'em in the first place? I am of the mind if they are being fed...then government needs to stay out of it regardless the path they choose...just as long as they are TCB.

liberals just want to control every fucking thing we do don't they? What asswipes they are.

They don't want food stamps...

USDA Combats

1. If mom and dad choose to not use food stamps then their children suffer and that's child abuse.
2. When these people get sick due to unhealthy eating, they go to the E.R. and that sends all our health care costs up.

And ... The article specifically says the food stamps can be used for seeds to grow your own food. You guys are against seeds now? Really?

Hi, you have received -1321 reputation points from WillowTree.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:

Regards,
WillowTree
Oh what is it now Willow? Do you want people to be able to abuse their kids? Or get free health care? Or not get seeds?

Fuck, man up already. Stop being such a cowardly bitch.

I love the progressive take...if they aren't getting foodstamps, take their kids and apply corporal punishment!

Nice goose step there.

Ignorant hill folk do not have a patriotic right to raise malnourished functionally retarded kids, if Gomer and Sally May want to starve themselves, more power to them, but if their offspring are showing up at school hungry in the morning then they learn nothing and their brains turn to mush, more republicans that way I reckon.

I love the bigoted cliches the progressives trot out to describe people who refuse foodstamps. Classic.

Refusing to take food stamps doesn't automatically mean you're malnourishing your kids.

Perhaps not but it is a good indicator, if you actually qualify for food stamps with kids in the house it's a good bet that they are not getting three squares a day. No one is actually starving like Ethiopia but bad nutrition stunts learning, raising a generation of ignorant kids benefits only the republicans.

Forum List

Back