USA's biggest secret- Dems were filibuster proof for only FIVE months

from 7/7/2009 till 2/4/2010. 3 days short of six months.

The point is Pubs and dupes always say they had two years...a BIG LIE.

And one Pub changing sides NEVER HAPPENS- why we've been paralyzed since 2/4/2010. No compromise party of NO! ("Un-American"- Time magazine) have only one goal, beat Obama- country be damned....

And one Pub changing sides NEVER HAPPENS- why we've been paralyzed since 2/4/2010. No compromise party of NO! ("Un-American"- Time magazine) have only one goal, beat Obama- country be damned....

REVISON of recent history, normally it takes a few years for this to happen but dude what the heck less than 2 years you want to change history now?

Well I guess you would have to get an early jump on the revision of the 2008 -2010 politicals years because what you are trying to sale is total bullshit.

Dems passed everything they wanted: Failed Stimulus, nationalize GE and 2 car companies, FinReg and ObamaCare

"We own the economy" DNC July 2011

Just for the sake of accuracy.... this is not 'USA's biggest secret'. Nope. It is not.

The OP is an idiot.... that's not a secret either. It's hard to keep stupidity secret.

Dems passed everything they wanted: Failed Stimulus, nationalize GE and 2 car companies, FinReg and ObamaCare

They also repealed DADT, ratified START, extended unemployment benefits, credit card reform, student loan reform....

With Republicans whining and pouting all the way

They also repealed DADT, ratified START, extended unemployment benefits, credit card reform, student loan reform....

With Republicans whining and pouting all the way

I thought bank ATM's and the Tea Party stopped Obama dead in his tracks? The key to an effective Big Lie is that you keep repeating it, to say that Obama passed all that and that the Tea Party stopped his progress makes you look like both a pathological liar and insane.

One month, 5 months, 7 months 2 years.............whatever............they N.E.V.E.R. passed a budget, not once, never E.V.E.R. during the whole time they had a filibuster proof congress.

Wonder why??

Yup, except another smaller stimulus that might well have ended this mess....but thanks for the nonstop fear mongering on the debt...jobs jobs jobs!!

3 days less than 6 months is FIVE MONTHS, and any Pub or dupe will tell you the Dems had TWO YEARS of total control, and the media just let it go.

Yup, except another smaller stimulus that might well have ended this mess....but thanks for the nonstop fear mongering on the debt...jobs jobs jobs!!

3 days less than 6 months is FIVE MONTHS, and any Pub or dupe will tell you the Dems had TWO YEARS of total control, and the media just let it go.

You're making less sense than usual. What other "smaller stimulus" are you talking about? Is it the one Biden say will keep people from getting raped and killed?

You're making less sense than usual. What other "smaller stimulus" are you talking about? Is it the one Biden say will keep people from getting raped and killed?

He's talking about the sequel "Voodoo 2" -- "Return of the Zombie Shovels".. In theatres nation-wide ................ someday, maybe..

confirmed; you're an imbecile, thx for finally clearing it up.

A Rep congress helped Clinton get his so called Surplus before Bush was in office.. Remember it was a full REP congress and senate back then . Humph

That's false. PAYGO was still in effect in the 90's. The Republican Congress showed their true colors once they got a GOP president elected; they let PAYGO expire.

that right they let it expire.

so the term / word hypocrite belongs to you .......nancy evoked Paygo jan 2007....Obama signed Paygo again, Feb 13, 2010. and they on both occasions within months ignored it...... you like sallow need to be reminded of the same thing every couple of months.

I think you're lost. We were talking about the nineties.

If the Democrats are complaining about this,what are they gonna do when they don't control any part of Congress in the near future? Man,they had it all and ran the worst U.S. Congress in History. What more could they ask for?

uhmmm, you need to a) read up on critical thinking, b) read up on senatorial rules and VOTING calculus, c) get your dates right- from April 2009, when Spector flipped till the day Scott Brown was sworn in.................oh and that was Feb. 4th btw...;).How many months is that?

I will however give you a rep. for being one of the very very few from the left side of the number line to admit as much in the open.

Wrong AGAIN. Arlen gave them 59 votes. From Huffpo report 4/28/09:

The move will give Democrats a filibuster-proof 60 vote majority in the Senate, presuming Minnesota's Al Franken is eventually seated. However, in his statement Specter said his opposition to the Employee Free Choice Act -- widely seen as a defense against a Republican primary challenge -- will not change.

Arlen Specter Switching Parties From Republican To Democrat
Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Penn.) is becoming a Democrat. "I have decided to run for re-election in 2010 in the Democratic primary," said Specter in a statement ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/28/arlen-specter...

Franken FINALLY seated 7/7/09....

you need to read my post not what you want to read as here;

read up on senatorial rules and VOTING calculus
the senate rules for cloture call for "duly chosen and sworn". they had 3/5ths with 98 members and 59 votes.
I have a question for the Senate rules expert. Does a senator have to be present in the chamber to vote, or could Kennedy vote from his sick bed? If he had to be present and since Kennedy was mostly too sick to be present, then the Dems only had enough votes "present" to end cloture when Kirk was sworn in on Sept 25, 2009. So that would be as a practical matter only about 4 months of a filibuster proof senate.

Pubs couldn't filibuster ONLY from 7/8/2009 ( Al Franken seated) till 1/2010 (Scott Brown seated). Amazing Pubs get away with saying two years ALL the time. Granted ALL pubs are either liars or brainwashed, but what is wrong with Dems and the media?

not really Kennedy was sick and did not cast any votes and later died.
Sorry, I didn't see this post before I posted mine.

Hell, they won't stop there, they will claim the GOP couldn't obstruct anything even if they wanted to, and believe it or not, the GOP didn't want to because they were too AFRAID to be obstructionists!!! :cuckoo:

August 18, 2011
RUSH: Now, I know I'm right about this. If the strategery is to not run on the record, 'cause they can't run on the record, but they want to, what they're gonna do is they're gonna run on how good the record would have been if it weren't for all the Republican obstructionism. Now, they're gonna have to work awfully hard to pull that off because we all know that Barack Obama had supermajorities in the House and Senate for the first two years of his presidency, and we're only at a little over two and a half years. So for 2009 and 2010, he had 60 votes in the Senate; until Scott Brown was elected, he had supermajority in the House. The Republicans did not have the numbers to stop him on anything. In fact, there wasn't much Republican obstructionism. The Republicans were scared to death to say anything critical of Obama for the first year. The only obstructionism he got was from conservative media.

He didn't get any obstructionism from Republicans and he's not getting a whole lot now, but he is getting a lot of obstruction, nothing we can do other than talk, but conservative media is not rolling over and playing dead for the guy. So he's gonna come along and gonna say, "Look, if it weren't for all that obstruction, my record, we would be in great shape if it weren't for the Republicans." But, of course, they couldn't have stopped him.

I actually think the Democrats will be relieved once the Republicans take Congress back completely. It will cause many to forget what a disaster they were even when they had their Super Majority. It will be relief for them.

That's false. PAYGO was still in effect in the 90's. The Republican Congress showed their true colors once they got a GOP president elected; they let PAYGO expire.

that right they let it expire.

so the term / word hypocrite belongs to you .......nancy evoked Paygo jan 2007....Obama signed Paygo again, Feb 13, 2010. and they on both occasions within months ignored it...... you like sallow need to be reminded of the same thing every couple of months.

I think you're lost. We were talking about the nineties.

:lol::rolleyes:

Forum List

Back