USA vs. NK

E

evancity2

Will it happen. Through me whatever you got. If it's all put together, I bet we can make an accurate idea of what could happen. We all know Bush isn't afriad of war, and in the "Hungry Koreans" post, some guy talks about possible war this summer. I NEED ANSWERS. But I don't need stupid or of the piont answers (in other words, don't start talking about Matrix Reloaded or Michael Jackson for no apparent resean whatsoever). TNX

-oh yay, political relations between NK and USA or Un etc. are allowed.

If war did break out it would be the world vs communism and terrorism. US declares war on N. Korea then China backs N. Korea then the US has a serious problem to deal with.

wehave to much on our plates as it is right now. after we the this middle east thing under control for the most part i think we will be addressing nk a little more closely.

lil kim dont want none of what we have to offer in a military way. hes jsut trying to save face with his country. as soon as he sees that his making demands isnt going to work with us, he will be a little more responsive.
<i>if</i> it goes that far, it wont be pretty, thats for sure.

It would be interesting to see the chinks try that human wave BS they did during the Korean war against the modern weapons we have today. A fuel air bomb, mini-guns, Claymores, and a few of our other toys would certainly make them wish they'd stayed home and been happy with their bowl of fish-heads and rice!!!!

Still, I'm afraid that, well...along with human waves they have something else...um...uh... THEY HAVE *&%$ NUKES. SAME WITH *&^%$% CHINA. Also, would Russia jion the commy side?

Russia wouldn't join North Korea or China.

My question is, is China really communist anymore? I mean with the passage of the laws granting private property its not any communist state i know of. I mean its not Democracy by any deffinition of the word but not really communism anymore either.

I dont think China wants N Korea with nukes anymore then we do. If N Korea decides to fire one at S Korea or Japan or anywhere the wind will blow the fallout back to china. Do you think they want that?

But then again, regardless of if they are still communist, they still have the commie foundation. and commies always lie.

China has stated many times that they are absolutely opposed to a 'nuclear' peninsula. Why then they aren't taking a more proactive stance against North Korea I don't understand. Like the Soviet's before them, the Chinese seem to enjoy playing the dangerous game of brinkmanship with the U.S. This is why it is important that we always assume an aggressive posture. Letting North Korea dictate the terms and pace of negotiations is a fool's game and helps to ensure failure.

Originally posted by Zhukov
Letting North Korea dictate the terms and pace of negotiations is a fool's game and helps to ensure failure.
like i said, lil kim is trying to save face. trying to be the big man on the block, he'll buckle sooner or later. but then again hoping for this out of a man who fattens up his military while his people eat tree bark, afterbirth, and other nasty thing might be a little far

China would never join North Korea in today's worldpolitik. I believe if given the proper casius belli, they'd love nothing more to let that dog off its leash. Remember North Korea is Stalinist Communism and China is Maoist Communism. For those who do not believe the difference to be great, we need to look no further than Sino-Soviet relation in the 70's and 80's.

China would back the USA. It would give them much needed "credibility" as policing power and possibly get them economic credits.

Originally posted by Isaac Brock
China would never join North Korea in today's worldpolitik. I believe if given the proper casius belli, they'd love nothing more to let that dog off its leash. Remember North Korea is Stalinist Communism and China is Maoist Communism. For those who do not believe the difference to be great, we need to look no further than Sino-Soviet relation in the 70's and 80's.

China would back the USA. It would give them much needed "credibility" as policing power and possibly get them economic credits.

The only good commie....is a DEAD commie!!!!! Stalinist, Maoist, it doesn't matter; they all need to take the long, celestial, dirt nap.

Originally posted by AtlantaWalter
The only good commie....is a DEAD commie!!!!! Stalinist, Maoist, it doesn't matter; they all need to take the long, celestial, dirt nap.

Emotions aside, China is world player and so is the US. Both know that confrontation between eachother would be non-advantageous. We don't live in a world of absolute evil.

I remembered this quote my history prof once told me that stuck in my head. I just looked it to get the real wording:

"Diplomacy is a disguised war, in which states seek to gain by barter and intrigue, by the cleverness of arts, the objectives which they would have to gain more clumsily by means of war."
-Randolph Bourne

Nice quote but I prefer Clausewitz's "War is the continuation of politics by other means".

That's just because, throughout the ages, I have always been a war-monger though. That's not as evil as most think. If it weren't for man's innate desire to conquer others, America might not be at the stage we are currently at.

Originally posted by AtlantaWalter
Nice quote but I prefer Clausewitz's "War is the continuation of politics by other means".

That's just because, throughout the ages, I have always been a war-monger though. That's not as evil as most think. If it weren't for man's innate desire to conquer others, America might not be at the stage we are currently at.

Maybe not, but I 'd suggest that post-WW2, war has not always been kind, nor in retrospect, favourable to American interests. It could be my moderate nature, but War is not something to be proud of, but rather something to be remember in the hope of never having to engage in it again. For if we have to engage in war, we should do not out of bravado and pride, but rather out of grave duty. I for one think that lesson is well ignored in this day an age.

In the case of North Korea, I believe the US has an approriate cassius belli to wage war, though they do not, in the case of China.

Im not sure we have to worry about China as much. I know they are communists but they are departing from communist ideals. They still live in a totalitarian state, But the Soviet Union is a clear example of what happens when A totalitarian states becomes lax allowing their people alittle freedom.

An attack on North Korea could start WW3. North Korea has nuclear bombs that can reach the Pacific Coast of the USA. They could nuke Los Angeles within hours of us attacking them. China would most likely back them and Russia would not got involved in the war. In the case of a WW3 it would most likely be NK China vs USA Britain. Whether we like it or not it would of been impossible for us to win WW2 if the Russians had sides with the Germans or remained neutral. North Korea has the 4th largest Army in the world, and China has the 3rd.

IMO if we attacked NK there is a large possibility of nuclear holocaust so we must tread carefully.

North Koreans have nukes that can hit Hawaii and Alaska but not Califonia.

I had heard they were close to developing missles that could reach California/Seattle/Oregon, I may be wrong. I live in Alaska <eek>

I'm just happy knowing they would never attack my remote town in the middle of no where with 8,000 people! :D

Forum List

Back