USA USA USA - The non-bailout automaker FORD surpasses GM and Toyota

The Lexus is a bit high, but she deserves it.

she puts up with you so she easily deserves it :lol:

or maybe your trying to get rid of her :dig:

:) put on your humor hat before responding :)

She deserves it for putting up with me.
As I said I am a realist. Mostly.

Her car is getting unreliable. A Ford....

I have been talking with a dealer today. They want to bring a few by for me to try.
I need to transfer about 40K to checking...

Last edited:
The Lexus is a bit high, but she deserves it.

she puts up with you so she easily deserves it :lol:

or maybe your trying to get rid of her :dig:

:) put on your humor hat before responding :)

She deserves it for putting up with me.
As I said I am a realist. Mostly.

Her car is getting unreliable. A Ford....

I have been talking with a dealer today. They want to bring a few by for me to try.
I need to transfer about 40K to checking...

undercut their asking price by 10%. You can always get 10% off sticker.

Your not THAT bad man ;).

They didn't need a bailout. If they did, they would have taken the money. All US Corps take tax payer money.

Wrong, Ford was in the same financial crisis as the other car companies. They just chose to do some restructuring in their company and maintain complete ownership. They are proof positive that the free market works better than the gov. Motivation seems to lack when you know somewhere is going to be there when you fail.

IMO, the other companies know/think there is more bailout $$ where that came from so why take steps to get it right. If you never take the training wheels off, what is the motivation to learn how to balance. Seems like pretty simple logic here.

They didn't need a bailout. If they did, they would have taken the money. All US Corps take tax payer money.

Wrong, Ford was in the same financial crisis as the other car companies. They just chose to do some restructuring in their company and maintain complete ownership. They are proof positive that the free market works better than the gov. Motivation seems to lack when you know somewhere is going to be there when you fail.

IMO, the other companies know/think there is more bailout $$ where that came from so why take steps to get it right. If you never take the training wheels off, what is the motivation to learn how to balance. Seems like pretty simple logic here.

Ford already had their crisis several years ago and did some smart moves.
They were better prepared for the recession as a result of this.

Their cars are still crap though.

Somehow we would have managed without Obama nationalizing car companies.

Ford sure did.

I think Henry would be very proud of his company.

Way to go Ford.

Henry Ford HATED bankers. (He also hated Jews, but that's another rant)

Ford never borrowed a dime to advance his industry during his lifetime.

I am informed that the reason Ford was in better shape post the meltdown is that they'd just loaded up on debt bigtime before it happened.

Anybody know the particulars of that event?

Forum List

Back