USA USA USA - The non-bailout automaker FORD surpasses GM and Toyota

Somehow we would have managed without Obama nationalizing car companies.

Rather I am just glad to see the still PRIVATE and still AMERICAN company is now in the lead!

Wait just one dang minute!

Are you suggesting that maybe- just maybe- the nation wouldn't have gone into a Depression- 'slipped over the edge'- is we didn't mortgage our future???

Well... I never!

The Dems fibbed????

How much money did we waste on the Obama auto nationalization plan again?

My 2010 came out of Dearborn and not with the Cash for Clunkers either!
Now looking for a Ford for the wife.
:clap2:

Here is how much of taxpayers' money Obama gave away.

Follow the money: Bailout tracker - CNNMoney.com

Too bad we couldn't convince the lemmings.

Rather than listen to the conjecture of the 'experts' and 'elites,' perhaps a lesson from the best recession fighter in our history should have informed policy:

America's greatest depression fighter was Warren Gamaliel Harding. An Ohio senator when he was elected president in 1920, he followed the much praised Woodrow Wilson— who had brought America into World War I, built up huge federal bureaucracies, imprisoned dissenters, and incurred $25 billion of debt.

Harding inherited Wilson's mess— in particular, a post–World War I depression that was almost as severe, from peak to trough, as the Great Contraction from 1929 to 1933 that FDR would later inherit. The estimated gross national product plunged 24 percent from $91.5 billion in 1920 to $69.6 billion in 1921. The number of unemployed people jumped from 2.1 million to 4.9 million.

One of Harding's campaign slogans was "less government in business," and it served him well. Harding embraced the advice of Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon and called for tax cuts in his first message to Congress on April 12, 1921. The highest taxes, on corporate revenues and "excess" profits, were to be cut. Personal income taxes were to be left as is, with a top rate of 8 percent of incomes above $4,000. Harding recognized the crucial importance of encouraging the investment that is essential for growth and jobs, something that FDR never did.
N-Philes :: Forums - View Single Post - The not-so-great depression of 1920-21

Instead of bailing out failing businesses, expanding government, and redistributing taxpayer money with a "stimulus" plan, Harding responded by cutting spending and removing burdensome regulations and taxes. During his campaign, he argued, "We need vastly more freedom than we do regulation." In stark contrast with the Bush-Obama response of ever-more government spending and debt, Harding had federal spending cut in half between 1920 and 1922 and ultimately ran a surplus.
As a result, the recession that started in 1920 ended before 1923. Lower taxes and reduced regulation helped America's economy quickly adjust after the war as entrepreneurs and capital were freed to create jobs and push the economy to recover. Harding's free market policies lead to the Roaring Twenties, known for technological advances, women's rights, the explosion of the middle class, and some of the most rapid economic growth in American history. Still, he is ranked as one of the worst presidents by many in academia's ivory tower
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/02/obama_should_channel_harding_n.htm

One of the defining characteristics of Progressives, who favor the 'Administrative State,' is a broad regulation-driven government based on technocrats, civil servants, bureaucrats, experts .

Sound familiar?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back