Usa Today Spikes Ann Coulter Column At Convention

What the hell was USA Today expecting - a fluff piece?

Where's the ACLU now? Where's Hollywood? Where are the familiar, strident squeals of "censorship"? You don't mean to tell me that there are - gasp - two sets of rules??!!!

musicman said:
What the hell was USA Today expecting - a fluff piece?

Where's the ACLU now? Where's Hollywood? Where are the familiar, strident squeals of "censorship"? You don't mean to tell me that there are - gasp - two sets of rules??!!!

Did you read her piece? It was funny. You know, USA Today also hired MM to do the same kind of piece each day during the GOP convention. I bet they let him write what he wants.

freeandfun1 said:
Did you read her piece? It was funny. You know, USA Today also hired MM to do the same kind of piece each day during the GOP convention. I bet they let him write what he wants.

Sure did. Ann Coulter slays me. That's probably because my favorite kind of humor is the "Emporer has no clothes" variety - the merciless slaughter of sacred cows, and hypocritical cockroaches scattering madly away from the harsh glare of the truth. That's why Ann Coulter is funny, and Michael Moore is just a fat, lying loudmouth.

A little balance, maestro, if you please.

USA Today is a leftist publication. Ann's opening salvo no doubt curdled the milk in their granola: "Here at the Spawn of Satan convention in Boston,...." Whooohoooo! You and I might like that, but you have to admit that it doesn't take a stroke of genius to see why a leftie might find it a bit disconcerting.

Then Ann rolled on with "Democrats are constantly suing and slandering police as violent, fascist racists -- with the exception of Boston's police, who'll be lauded as national heroes right up until the Democrats pack up and leave town on Friday, whereupon they'll revert to their natural state of being fascist, racist pigs." Now the Demos are trying hard to depict themselves as lovers of all things institutional - especially the military and police. They need to fool the electorate into ignoring the record of their party and their candidates. But they can't stand a whole lot of scratching because it's only a thin veneer that covers their true anti-cop, anti-military and anti-American philosophy.

Then she tackled Al Sharpton, who has blown smoke at so many people that he is just beginning to get a precarious hold on respectability - if only in liberal circles. "A speaker at the Democratic National Convention this year, Al Sharpton, accused white police officers of raping and defacing Tawana Brawley in 1987, lunatic charges that eventually led to a defamation lawsuit against Sharpton and even more eventually, to Sharpton paying a jury award to the defamed plaintiff Steve Pagones. So it's a real mystery why cops wouldn't like Democrats." Sixteen years of trying to change his image from a greasy opportunist and radical racist shot to hell with the stroke of a pen. Nope, can't have that.

So, in fairness, there is no way that USA Today could run Ann's piece. If the sale of their publication increased as a result of publishing Coulter's article, they'd have a hell of a time explaining that to Hillary.

William Joyce said:
Ann Coulter's clip is full and she's locked and loaded.

One pissed-off, bad-ass mama! I'm surprised she hasn't been assassinated yet. Liberals can't have all this TRUTH spilling out all over the place. Good God, where would THAT lead?

Merlin1047 said:
"A speaker at the Democratic National Convention this year, Al Sharpton, accused white police officers of raping and defacing Tawana Brawley in 1987, lunatic charges that eventually led to a defamation lawsuit against Sharpton and even more eventually, to Sharpton paying a jury award to the defamed plaintiff Steve Pagones. So it's a real mystery why cops wouldn't like Democrats."

Al sure backed the wrong horse on that one.

musicman said:
There were more than one?

Not sure what you mean. I'll rephrase: in that instance, Al backed the wrong horse. He bought this girl's story and it turned out she had made it up.

Forum List

Back