USA Today complains about lack of women & minorities in the movie "Dunkirk"

This was posted yesterday and it was pointed out that women and people of color did indeed serve, just as they serve(d) in the US.

As usual however, RWNJs give lip service to "supporting our troops" - right up until its time to actually doing so.

This was posted yesterday and it was pointed out that women and people of color did indeed serve, just as they serve(d) in the US.

As usual however, RWNJs give lip service to "supporting our troops" - right up until its time to actually doing so.

Looking at the BEF OoB I don't see any non British/Ireland units there in 1940. I believe most of the French overseas divisions were stationed along the Maginot line, not with the Armies slated to advance in to Belgium, which were the diviisons evacuated at dunkirk.

British Expeditionary Force order of battle (1940) - Wikipedia

This is the second idiotic, misleading bullshit story from "Daily Wire" I've seen in two days.

Truitt isn't "complaining", he just says "The trio of timelines can be jarring as you figure out how they all fit, and the fact that there are only a couple of women and no lead actors of color may rub some the wrong way." It appears he's saying "This isn't a movie for snowflakes".

Obviously anyone who has a knowledge of history would know the story of the evacuation has very few women or minorities in it but notice he said "lead actors". Since I haven't seen it, I can't say for sure, but that leads me to believe there "actors of color" in the movie.

USA Today complains about lack of women & minorities in the movie "Dunkirk"

:wtf:

Got to create controversy, as they say, to keep 'em reading...

This is the second idiotic, misleading bullshit story from "Daily Wire" I've seen in two days.

Truitt isn't "complaining", he just says "The trio of timelines can be jarring as you figure out how they all fit, and the fact that there are only a couple of women and no lead actors of color may rub some the wrong way." It appears he's saying "This isn't a movie for snowflakes".

Obviously anyone who has a knowledge of history would know the story of the evacuation has very few women or minorities in it but notice he said "lead actors". Since I haven't seen it, I can't say for sure, but that leads me to believe there "actors of color" in the movie.

The fact that he is mentioning it at all is idiotic, and an example of how balkanized we have become as a society.

The fact that he is mentioning it at all is idiotic, and an example of how balkanized we have become as a society.
Hanlon's Razor comes to mind.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Forum List

Back