USA..? To Big to Fail..?

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Gads.. I hope we make it as the... Good Ole U.S.of A...

but, you gotta wonder......:dunno:

****:eusa_eh:

Misery Index (12.76) = Unemployment rate (9.2) + Inflation rate (3.56)

The misery index was initiated by economist Arthur Okun, an adviser to President Lyndon Johnson in the 1960's. It is simply the unemployment rate added to the inflation rate. It is assumed that both a higher rate of unemployment and a worsening of inflation both create economic and social costs for a country. A combination of rising inflation and more people out of work implies a deterioration in economic performance and a rise in the misery index.

The United States Misery Index

Awww quit yer whining and buckle down to work.

We been lots worse off than this.

:lol:...Oh.. that sounds promising...:eusa_hand:

Trusting your honesty... I'm thinking, things are gonna get a lot worse before they get better.. and you?

Trusting your honesty... I'm thinking, things are get a lot worse before they get better.. and you?

Ohh I agree we are in for a long stretch onf non easy times, but still better than most of the world.
the smart ones of us will adjust our lifestyles to match the situation aroud us.

Last edited:
And it will be this way for a while I do not care if republicans control everything in 2012.
there is no quick fix even if Sara Fricken Palin is president and saint.

Trusting your honesty... I'm thinking, things are get a lot worse before they get better.. and you?

Ohh I agree we are in for a long stretch onf non easy times, but still better than most of the world.

Kinda sounds like we're both reconciled too failure...with a dash of hope...:wtf:

to well armed to fail...if things get tight enough there is always the ol rape and pillage

If this keeps up.. I'm shopping for a horse & buggy...

rape and pillage... huh..:cheers2:

The only difference if McCain had won instead of Obama is that the right would not be screaming about the debt right now.
No other real difference though.
We spent decades working our way into this corner and it will take at least a decade to get out.
A decade if we ever start taking the right steps that is.

And it will be this way for a while I do not care if republicans control everything in 2012.

I wonder how Perry likes the frying pan...

He's far more entertaining than Obama, so far, anyway..

I wonder how Perry likes the frying pan...

He's far more entertaining than Obama, so far, anyway..

Ohh yes he would jump around much more entertainingly than Obama who is pretty droll.

The only difference if McCain had won instead of Obama is that the right would not be screaming about the debt right now.
We spent decades working our way into this corner and it will take at least a decade to get out.

I'm thinking Romney could have pulled it off and got us moving again

but.. eh.. who knows..

but.. eh.. who knows..

I really do not think so. With interest rates near zero going into a recession, jobs offshoring, personal and govt debt levels. Market and home prices VERY unreasonably inflated, competing with the world labor market, etc.

too many factors make for this being a long one.

Gads.. I hope we make it as the... Good Ole U.S.of A...

but, you gotta wonder......:dunno:

****:eusa_eh:

Misery Index (12.76) = Unemployment rate (9.2) + Inflation rate (3.56)

The misery index was initiated by economist Arthur Okun, an adviser to President Lyndon Johnson in the 1960's. It is simply the unemployment rate added to the inflation rate. It is assumed that both a higher rate of unemployment and a worsening of inflation both create economic and social costs for a country. A combination of rising inflation and more people out of work implies a deterioration in economic performance and a rise in the misery index.

The United States Misery Index

I thought the "misery index" came from the Carter administration?? or maybe that was the high of the misery index?

I don't know how much miserable we can get right now. Many of us are out grazing in our gardens--trying to figure out how to we're going to make next month's mortgage payment and utility bills--let along EAT--while our President--who supposedly has this new JOBS program--that he won't disclose until he comes off from vacation from "Martha's Vineyard." Our 401K's if you still have one--have CRASHED--our property values have sunk to a new low--and our President is out there hanging out with wealthy elitists of from who knows where--and he doesn't have a PLAN.

The LAND OF OPPORTUNITY as turned into the Land of NO Opportunity under this administration.

One Big Ass Mistake America

$fore.jpg

Here he is on Martha's Vineyard.

Last edited:

but.. eh.. who knows..

I really do not think so. With interest rates near zero going into a recession, jobs offshoring, personal and govt debt levels. Market and home prices VERY unreasonably inflated, competing with the world labor market, etc.

I still believe Romney.. could have answered the questions, far better.. but ..:eusa_eh:

That Obama-care changed the mood of the country...it split us..

So exactly when was the last time that our Debt was 100% of our GDP, and our Deficits were 10% of GDP every year, and not because of a world war. This is the new norm.

When was that? Because I believe our Long term Prospects have NEVER been worse than today.

Between the Reported Debt, and the well over 100 Trillion in future Debt Obligations with SS and MC, and the fact that we can not seem to stop spending at these levels. No time has ever rivaled this as far as how the Future Looks.

America is at the Point that many other powers through out history failed to recognize and act upon. We can still turn it around, but if we do not act soon. Our Credit Ratings will continue to go down, our Economy will continue to be burdened and we will never climb out of this hole. We will succumb to our Debt. Which when you get down to the brass tacts of it, is what has killed every other Major World Power before us.

but.. eh.. who knows..

I still believe Romney.. could have answered the questions, far better.. but ..:eusa_eh:

That Obama-care changed the mood of the country...it split us..

We were already badly split and Obama getting elected made it worse.
And him being black contributed to the divide.
And I am not saying just republicans are racist by any means and some who take issue with him being black do not even realize they are doing so.

Perhaps Romney could have done marginally better but I am of the opinion that no matter who is president now we would still have massive problems. And they will not go away anytime soon.
And Romney had his own version of obamacare going as well...

New Topics

Forum List

Back