USA: The best place to live if you want to be a millionaire

You live in the UK so what the fuck do you know about US tax codes? And if realizing a million dollar tax free profit over 30 or 40 years is a get rich quick scheme, I'd like to know how slow you think people should go

Did you miss the part where I said buy a house you can afford? Buying a home is not a gamble you idiot. In the US buying a home gives you a tax write off for the interest on your mortgage and the 250K tax free capital gains benefit. it is more of a gamble to rent than to buy. And again where did I say this was a way to make a quick buck?

Well moron, when you sell your house you buy another one and move in. Or since if you sold you home and made a tax free profit, you can rent for a for a few months until you find another house you want to buy and live in for a while. People do it all the time you know look for a house while theirs is on the market but maybe the idea of multi tasking is too taxing for you to grasp.

None of the houses I have bought have been dumps or fixer uppers. They were all perfectly fine houses that i lived in and worked on slowly over a period of 4-5 years. If you are buying a house anyway, and you would be paying a mortgage anyway, you don't have to have disposable income above and beyond your housing budget because you are not buying houses specifically to sell quickly, you are buying a house to live in and if you buy a house to live in you will probably do some work to it to improve it wouldn't you?

If you are buying a house to live in for a period of years, you don't have to know the housing market all you have to know is what you can sell your house for and that's not too tough to do. When you can sell your house for more than you paid you take a tax free profit and save it. And home repair is not rocket science. Painting, landscaping and small upgrades to kitchens and bathrooms will often get you a 150 to 200 percent return when you sell your home. even more expensive repairs like siding, plumbing or electrical work is something you would do anyway to a house you planned to live in for a while so again if everything i say is something you would already do when you own a house, why not do it and take advantage of a tax code that allows a 250K tax free profit? You' be an idiot not to.

So Dipstick, what you are really saying is, don't rent, get a mortgage?:rofl:

BTW Brains, we have a similar tax break here in the UK but we only have to have lived in the dwelling for 6 months.So heres a better idea for you numpty, move to the UK and become a millionaire faster using your infallible scheme:rofl:

So Dipstick, what you are really saying is, don't rent, get a mortgage?:rofl:

BTW Brains, we have a similar tax break here in the UK but we only have to have lived in the dwelling for 6 months.So heres a better idea for you numpty, move to the UK and become a millionaire faster using your infallible scheme:rofl:

You finally figured out what I was saying congratulations asshole.

and btw you couldn't pay me enough to move to the uk

You finally figured out what I was saying congratulations asshole.

and btw you couldn't pay me enough to move to the uk

And this a newfangled idea is it Midas?:rofl:

They wouldn't let you in without your carer and we all know your mammy is too old to fly now.:cool:

Forum List

Back