USA: One Catholic President!

Freeman

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2009
Why during american history, only one catholic was elected president?
and he was quickly assassinated.

I remember getting into schoolyard fisticuffs over the issue of Kennedy's religion when I was a kid.

People really did believe that JFK was going to take his marching orders from the POPE.

That's what those boys racist fathers told them, and that's what they believed.

There were 5 unitarian presidents but only 1 catholic elected!!

So? how many Catholic presidents were elected in Muslim countries?

No catholics were candidates in muslim countries, except in Lebanon.

And until the Palestinians migrated into Lebanon to get away from Isreal, Lebanon Christians (Marionites) were the majority in that nation, too

The Maronite sect of Christendon has a very long history starting some time about 400 AD.

This sect not only survived surrounded by peagans, but also survived internacine battles with the Church of Rome, and the various Moslem empires that came and went over the last 1300 years, and the Crusades.

In fact the Lebanese have been Christians far longer than most Europeans.

http://phoenicia.org/maronites.html

So? how many Catholic presidents were elected in Muslim countries?

No catholics were candidates in muslim countries, except in Lebanon.

There are plenty of Christians in Syria, Egypt, Iraq etc. how come there are no Christian presidents there?

Because muslim outnumber them...by alot. And, many Christians in those countries are murdered if found out.
And, i don't consider Catholics to be Christian, they're Catholics only. Christians do not pray to the Saints, or Mary, or any other person but Jesus...Jesus is the only way and we're told not to pray to anyone else.

Why during american history, only one catholic was elected president?
and he was quickly assassinated.

You mean the womanizer/drug addict guy? He was assassinated because he was trying to shift power from the Federal Reserve to the U.S Treasury Department. :thup:

Why does it matter? There was also only one Jehovah's Witness. Right now, to the best of my knowledge, there is only one Mormon who might be in the running for upcoming elections.

Kennedy was not assassinated because he was Catholic - it was the only way Lyndon Johnson would ever have made it into the White House.

Forum List

Back