USA is one of very few nations where the poor people are fat

USA is one of very few nations where the poor people are fat
...Which places in high relief the relativity of impoverishment.
Poor in the U.S. and poor elsewhere are two very different things. That said, it'd be the wrong way to go were the U.S. to enact policies that make U.S. impoverishment nominally comparable to that of extra-American impoverishment.

The dupes love comparing us to the poorest countries in the world great job... Try comparing us to other Rich modern countries and we're in horrible shape after 30 years of Pander to the rich GOP tax rates and policy... Worst inequality and infrastructure of any of them and getting worse...
Try comparing us to other Rich modern countries
I agree. The nature of the comparison in the OP/title is absurd.

Bananas, apples, oranges, tomatoes, cucumbers and Iceberg lettuce are dirt cheap. Canned vegetables are dirt cheap. Rice, pasta, beans, oatmeal, peanut butter, tuna, eggs...

There are countless meals better for you than a Big Mac and cheaper than that Big Mac.
Try buying your groceries at convenience stores and corner stores that are more interested in selling crack accessories.

I don't live in an inner city. The poor in my parish shop at the same stores I do. They can eat healthier but many don't.

i wonder what they are eating?
They are eating crap because they are poor. Fast food, no vegetables, white bread. They must maximize the number of calories they get for the money that they have which sacrifices quality. Fresh produce is not even available in many poor neighborhood. I hope that answers you &%$# question
That doesn't make any sense. You can still maximize the calories (x) you get for the money (y) by buying less. Whether you buy 5 burgers for $5 or 10 burgers for $10, the calories per burger stay the same. Let's say each burger is 100 calories. You buy 5 burgers for $5 and get 500 cal, that's 100 calories per 1$. You buy 10 burgers for $10 and get 1,000 cal, that's still 100 cal/$1.
That does not make any sense. I am talking about quality, not quantity .
You were clearly talking about quantity (of calories) per dollar.

They must maximize the number of calories they get for the money

So explain to me why poor people can't buy 5 burgers for $5 instead of 10 burgers for $10 to not be so fat.

Skinny people I see eat in moderation, period. I've never seen a skinny person (not saying they don't exist, just saying it isn't common) who stuffed his face at a restaurant, even if it's an expensive restaurant out of reach for the poor.

Bananas, apples, oranges, tomatoes, cucumbers and Iceberg lettuce are dirt cheap. Canned vegetables are dirt cheap. Rice, pasta, beans, oatmeal, peanut butter, tuna, eggs...

There are countless meals better for you than a Big Mac and cheaper than that Big Mac.
Try buying your groceries at convenience stores and corner stores that are more interested in selling crack accessories.

So why don't they have grocery stores like everybody else????

They must maximize the number of calories they get for the money that they have which sacrifices quality

They are doing a good job. Every food stamp recipient I see are fat as hell.

Fresh produce is not even available in many poor neighborhood.

That's because they don't want fresh produce. No store sells what isn't selling.
How the fuck do you know what they want?

How? Because vendors only carry what people buy, that's how. It's like a roach coach job I took when I was much younger. If products are sitting on the shelves and expiring, don't carry them anymore. Replace them with products that sell.
Vender stock what people can afford. If people can't afford both meat and starchy food on one hand and vegetables on the other , they will choose the former. The rest of us can afford all of it.

Fat people choose to eat bad foods....

We all make our own decisions....

You liberals never take responsibility for your own actions...

You always want to blame someone else....

The Cheeseburger made me eat it.........

Ok, so fat people choose to eat bad foods.

I get that with trump and those stupid taco bowls making him fat.

But what about Limbaugh? Has he taken responsibility for being fat yet? I’m thinking that he’s on a fourth wife because he ate the previous three.

Last edited:

So why don't they have grocery stores like everybody else????

Apparently there aren’t grocery stores in Blake farenthold’s Texas district either.

Can somebody explain that?

Is jersey politician Chris Christie in a grocery free zone too?

Or just mentally weak compared to a Twinkie.

God, and that former senator Haley Barbour...

What’s his excuse for being a rusty fat Baugh wannabe?

بسم الله الرحمـن الرحيم

والصلاة والسلام على رسوله الكريم

والعاقبة للمتّقين​

Obesity is also spreading in the Gulf States and Egypt thanks to the foreign food of Americans and Europeans like burgers. We have to expel these foreigners and their foreign culture and customs. Our people historically did not eat beef. We must go back to our simple Islamic diet. Stop the beef imports and close down all the foreign businesses. Expel the ugly Europeans and get rid of the Saudi client government. Xenophobia is the way.

They are doing a good job. Every food stamp recipient I see are fat as hell.

That's because they don't want fresh produce. No store sells what isn't selling.

How? Because vendors only carry what people buy, that's how. It's like a roach coach job I took when I was much younger. If products are sitting on the shelves and expiring, don't carry them anymore. Replace them with products that sell.
Vender stock what people can afford. If people can't afford both meat and starchy food on one hand and vegetables on the other , they will choose the former. The rest of us can afford all of it.

But what about Limbaugh? Has he taken responsibility for being fat yet? I’m thinking that he’s on a fourth wife because he ate the previous three.

Taxpayers are not paying for Limbaugh's or Trump's food.

Taxpayers are not paying for Limbaugh's or Trump's food.

Doesn’t matter who the fuck pays for it ray, fat people choose to eat bad food.

Has he excepted his bad choices and fat assness?

I don't live in an inner city. The poor in my parish shop at the same stores I do. They can eat healthier but many don't.
Much of it has to do with lack of Education about their choices and not having a doctor to tell them either... American processed foods are just full of sugar and corn oil etc etc that are very unhealthy, not to mention the sugary soft drinks...

Blacks and Hispanics are the fattest and yes its cheap carbs and junk.....walk into a dollar tree and you see tons of beans, rice, and tortillas for Hispanics & corn bread, boxed mac n' cheese and grape soda for blacks.
Dollar Tree also sells healthier items like frozen and canned vegetables and fruit. They also sell frozen Salmon,Cod and canned tuna. Dehydrated fruit and nut snack mixes,raisins and oatmeal. People can buy healthier stuff there if they wanted to.

بسم الله الرحمـن الرحيم

والعاقبة للمتّقين​

Obesity is also spreading in the Gulf States and Egypt thanks to the foreign food of Americans and Europeans like burgers. We have to expel these foreigners and their foreign culture and customs. Our people historically did not eat beef. We must go back to our simple Islamic diet. Stop the beef imports and close down all the foreign businesses. Expel the ugly Europeans and get rid of the Saudi client government. Xenophobia is the way.
The same reason Europeans are getting fat. American fast foods and processed foods are addictive crap LOL.

The same reason Europeans are getting fat. American fast foods and processed foods are addictive crap LOL.

بسم الله الرحمـن الرحيم

والعاقبة للمتّقين​

Whatever the case may be, the tendency which I belong to is highly xenophobic and opposes Europeanization and modernization of Arabia, a process which is speeding up under the autocratic donkey “MBS”. If we ever come to power and form a charismatic religious government we will immediately begin the project of de-Europeanization and return Arabia to its Islamic roots.

I've addressed this on many occasions... it is primarily due to diet. The next time you are at he grocery, notice what these people are buying; it is primarily a lot of soda, prepared foods, etc. That shit will make you fat.

Why? Are they stupid? Can’t control their base urges? Why do they buy prepared foods? Lazy?

What is it?

It doesn't matter why they buy what they buy. They choose to buy shit food. They choose to eat too much. They are choosing to be fat.

They have no choice.
Bullshit

I've addressed this on many occasions... it is primarily due to diet. The next time you are at he grocery, notice what these people are buying; it is primarily a lot of soda, prepared foods, etc. That shit will make you fat.

Why? Are they stupid? Can’t control their base urges? Why do they buy prepared foods? Lazy?

What is it?

It doesn't matter why they buy what they buy. They choose to buy shit food. They choose to eat too much. They are choosing to be fat.

They have no choice.

What are you saying, McDonalds only sells Big Macs now?

What is it?

They have no choice.
Of course they do.

It is always always always cheaper to cook your own meals than to buy prepackaged crap or fast food.

But our poorer Americans refuse to eat what are staple foods the world over.

Rice, beans, unprocessed oatmeal, less expensive cuts of meats etc but would rather eat fast food, crap sugar loaded cereals, frozen fried crap etc

You are wrong. Have you ever considered that you could be wrong about something?

Healthy food costs too much. It is NOT cheaper to cook healthy meals than to buy fast food.

Try harder ya arrogant fuck.
Yes it is. Hell...just this past week they were selling 2 lbs of squash for 1.00 also 2 lbs of oranges for 1.00. At Sprouts. And there are ALWAYS sales on meat at all grocery stores.

بسم الله الرحمـن الرحيم

والعاقبة للمتّقين​

Whatever the case may be, the tendency which I belong to is highly xenophobic and opposes Europeanization and modernization of Arabia, a process which is speeding up under the autocratic donkey “MBS”. If we ever come to power and form a charismatic religious government we will immediately begin the project of de-Europeanization and return Arabia to its Islamic roots.
As far as food goes I would say what you have to worry about is americanisation, just like the Europeans have to worry LOL...

Forum List

Back