Usa Has Killed Wounded And Tortured Over 100,000,000 Human Beings In Wars!!!

So Spideytuba, you agree with this induhvidual? 60 millon seems awful high though, or is that just new math rounding? Hmmm...so neither WW1 or 2 were justified, by your reasoning? Please explain, with sources if you can, this line of thought. You are close to troll status, at least to me, as you have managed to take an opposing viewpoint to almost everything so far. Opposing a topic is fine, disagreeing with everything, well seems like arguing for the sake of fighting. Somehow I feel you have never been in a situation requiring violence as the only viable solution. And plese spare us the "violence never solved anything" line. Tell it to the folks resting at Arlington, Gettysburg, Flanders, etc. They may beg to differ with you.

Originally posted by Merlin1047
Q. Why did we drop TWO atomic bombs on Japan in WWII?

A. That's all we had.

Let's stop and think about that. If we hadn't dropped the A-bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki .... we would have had to kill a lot more Japanese invading Japan. Not to mention the casualties on the American side. Also, Stalin was planning an invasion of Northern Japan himself. So if we hadn't dropped the A-bomb, we would have had two Japans today, just like we have two Koreas.

Of course, the Japanese still focus on the fact that the A-bomb was dropped on them and all the pain, death and suffering that brought on them. At the same time, they seem to have forgotten all the atrocities they committed as an occupying power against civilians in Manchuria and Southeast Asia and towards American and British troops in the Pacific.

So ... was dropping the bomb immoral? Perhaps, but I don't see what choice we had. In the long run, we probably saved lives by doing so. Keep in mind, we had to drop the bomb TWICE before they surrendered.

Originally posted by KarlMarx
Let's stop and think about that. If we hadn't dropped the A-bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki .... we would have had to kill a lot more Japanese invading Japan. Not to mention the casualties on the American side. Also, Stalin was planning an invasion of Northern Japan himself. So if we hadn't dropped the A-bomb, we would have had two Japans today, just like we have two Koreas.

Of course, the Japanese still focus on the fact that the A-bomb was dropped on them and all the pain, death and suffering that brought on them. At the same time, they seem to have forgotten all the atrocities they committed as an occupying power against civilians in Manchuria and Southeast Asia and towards American and British troops in the Pacific.

So ... was dropping the bomb immoral? Perhaps, but I don't see what choice we had. In the long run, we probably saved lives by doing so. Keep in mind, we had to drop the bomb TWICE before they surrendered.

I beleive the joke was that if we had more we would have dropped more.

Japan as a whole seems to be over the whole being humiliated thing. Funny how they can just take a hit to their pride like that and then bounce back and prosper in the new age. This war in IRaq is the first time they have sent troops abroad for conflict since WW2. I was reading reports and they are all very proud to be a part of this coalition.

Originally posted by insein

Japan as a whole seems to be over the whole being humiliated thing. Funny how they can just take a hit to their pride like that and then bounce back and prosper in the new age.

If what you say about the Japanese is true, then the Dems should learn from them and get over the 2000 elections!

Forum List

Back