USA Greatest Nation!?! More like UK!

padisha emperor said:
CSM, please, don't react like that.

I never said you were stupid for this, I meant that it seems you didn't saw the word "proportion", and the fact that I spke of percent, not of millions number.

Don't react like that, you have more worth ;)

Zhukov, you're right, Germany went through Netherlands and Belgium to avoid the french border with the Maginot Line and the french armies.
The little problem was the neutrality of netherlands and Belgium :)

I saw the word porportion. I do not think it warranted the term "stupid".

I have said before that the US is a whole lot bigger than any European country both in population and land mass. While the "porportion" you speak of can be comparable, it is disengenuous in that policing and regulatiing a comparatively small nation like the Netherlands is a heck of a lot easier than enforcing the same standards in a country the size of the US.

As for legalization of drugs and prostitution, it seems to me that the international community has enough problems dealing with the forced prostitution going on in and from the Far East and Asia. It is more akin to slavery...read about Thailand sometime and the problems there where families sell young girls to brothels. The Drugs we are talking about were once legal in the US and resulted in the opium dens on the west coast and other places, particularly in and around large municipalities. Those two facts are often conveniently ignored by those supporting the legalization of both.

a State control, if prostitution has legal bases, like in Netherlands, can stop the illegal immigration of asiatic or anywhere prostitutes.

i'm not right behind the legalization of drugs and prostitution, like I said, I only try to give other points, ot make wider your view. then, you could have a n opinion, with more information. Only that.

padisha emperor said:
a State control, if prostitution has legal bases, like in Netherlands, can stop the illegal immigration of asiatic or anywhere prostitutes.

i'm not right behind the legalization of drugs and prostitution, like I said, I only try to give other points, ot make wider your view. then, you could have a n opinion, with more information. Only that.

Heck, the US cannot control other legal forms of employment (in case you haven't heard the US has a BIG problem controlling it's borders) and you think they can control illegal traffic in human beings and drugs? Obviously, if the US legalized drugs they would not need to "control" them. That is not control that is acquiessence...big difference.

padisha emperor said:

There is a story in Germany about a lady that cannot collect unemployment insurance because she would not apply for a job as a Prostitute. There are sometimes unintended consequences for legalizing such a thing. Now the Government of Germany turns out their own citizens.

CSM said:
Yes, I am stupid. Stupid enough to remain in the US (the worst country in the world according to some) and stupid enough to fight for it. Stupid enough to think that Europe has a population of arrogant, hypocritical idiots. Good thing you came along to enlighten us!

The Netherlands, with all its economic and military might, great culture, and wonderful history (just like the rest of Europe) makes it one of the world's super powers. Their lifestyle is an ideal for all to follow. Have I got that right so far?

In fact, US history is so boring I dont even know why anyone bothered to write it down. US culture, economics, philosophies and any other human endeavors are so backwards, its a wonder that anyone wants to live here. I guess we should give the Statue of Liberty back to France so that the world's population will know where they should REALLY immigrate to.

Thanks for your words of wisdom, PE. I dont know how the US will survive without people like you around to set us on the right path!

To be honest, your sarcasm is probably closer to the truth.
Europe does have a pretty crappy history, but the United States' isn't so good either.

It's sort of sad, really, that most of Europe is moving more left than the U.S. Wasn't the U.S. made by people to be a sort of liberal paradise from Europe?

I think both regions have a colourful and rich history.Yes there has been a lot of bloodshed but there has also been a lot of smiles along the way.We wouldnt be who we are today without our history.

freeandfun1 said:
I was off 100K it is counties with populations of 400K or less than can legalize it if they choose.

I live in Las Vegas, so I am very familiar with the situation here in regards to brothels. I have taken clients to Pahrump on more than one occassion! ;) The guys from Malaysia and Singapore just love it!

Hey free ,
Do you have a price list that you could post ?

BillBryson said:
Well the idealism behiend communism is essentially that the wealth & resources of a society should be shared amongst all men why? Beacuse Communists believe all men are equal even though Communist countries are commonly corrupt. Do you see how this part of the constitution ties in now to my question.

Bill we hate communism because it is fundamentally flawed, not because communist countries are corrupt. The idea of communism was poorly concieved and it had failed miserably whenever it has been set into practice.

Perhaps we should legalize burglary and murder as well. We can establishe a thieves guild and an assasins guild and give them a quota of how many they are limited to steal or murder. If the quota number is violated they get punished. and they can take shifts in jail so we dont have to punish them later when they get caught.

When are people going to comprehend that legalizing a bad behavior isnt going to solve the problem.

Unfortunatly avatar making something illegal rarely makes it go away either. Illegal drug use in the united states has increased drastically since the 70's and need I remind you of what happend when people who belived that intoxication was bad got their way, prohibition. A movement that started out preaching the evils of excessive drunkeness eventually evolved into a movement that preached the evils of alcohol in general. Perhaps that single most important reason that drugs are still largely illegal in this country is that politcians need a good solid platform to campaign upon. Their are millions of people that use illegal drugs in this country and most of them wont come out and say so because of the belife that all drug users are bad people.Cannibas is essentially harmless and Crack and Heroin are addictive in only a small percentage of people. The reason we belive that heroin and crack are so bad for you is because most people only hear about people whose lives were ruined using drugs. These people usually have other factors in their lives that may make them more likely to become addicted. Alcohol is an intoxicant that people have been using for years and yet nobody cares or hears about responsible drinkers, just like nobody hears about responsible drug users beacause they rarely get caught. They dont harm society, yet it is then prevailing belife in our culture that using a controlled substace is bad. Despite the fact that certain easily available prescription drugs can be abused. Essential the war on drugs is a war of propaganda. (You might be surpised to know that tobacco companies give alot of money to groups that lobby for strict drug laws.) Essentially the difference between a good drug and a bad drug depends largely who you are talking to. Unlike other wars however the united states will never win the war on drugs, just like we could not win the war on booze. Their is a fundamental economic reason behind this, anything that can be grown in colombia or mexico for pennies and sold in the US for a thousand times that amount will never dies as a commodity. The government will continue to waste taxpayer dollars like always on something that will never go away.

Forum List

Back